Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11376 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:11 AM
I discovered a no cell phones Mod that makes my game more realistic as I can turn them off in wartimes to make those times more realistic like the Revolutionary war in the 1770's,the war of 1812,Civil war inthe 1860's and the two in the 20th century.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11377 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I discovered a no cell phones Mod that makes my game more realistic as I can turn them off in wartimes to make those times more realistic like the Revolutionary war in the 1770's,the war of 1812,Civil war inthe 1860's and the two in the 20th century.

Interesting. What mod is that and where can I find it? I often find it breaks the immersion in my fantasy/medieval saves when all sims come with a built-in smartphone.
Lab Assistant
#11378 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 4:33 PM
Today my sim came across a pink butterfly with sparkles. Apparrently, it's called a 'glowy fly' and somehow, I'd never once so much as seen one :o

omnis mundi creatura
Lab Assistant
#11379 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:26 PM
It's a very rare butterfly from WA, found only in France or custom worlds with the France insect spawner. Super pretty!
Lab Assistant
#11380 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
Agreed! Going to clone it because who knows how many years will pass before it shows up again.
There are so many little things... today, my magician came home from a gig with a putrid onion. I did see one of the patrons lob it at him. Hilarious that he would keep it

omnis mundi creatura
Alchemist
#11381 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:01 AM
I never paid much attention to it because I haven't made many festival lots so far, but I discovered that the festival marker is very reflective!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#11382 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:32 AM
I discovered that when my sim got drunk she became an insane, inappropriate, party animal. It was awesome.
Alchemist
#11383 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 7:22 PM
Woohooing in the Base Camp counts as public woohoo

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#11384 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 1:07 AM
Every single maid in Moonlight Falls is allergic to the concept of doing laundry
Test Subject
#11385 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:10 PM
You can use tomb objects and switches from World Adventures to toggle or change lighting colors and fog emitters.
Scholar
#11386 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 4:20 PM
WHat pressing alt does when you are trying to place objects. Why didn't i know of this sooner. Was watching a Sims4 video while playing sims3 and was curious whether it would work-it worked.

Kids get a negative mood-let if they actually see a couple breaking up.

THere was something else but I was procrastinating saying it so I forgot. XD

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#11387 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 4:22 AM
The Sultan's Tabernacle tent sells for 50,000 simoleons immediately after you get it from the special merchant, so thanks to the large surplus of ancient coins my sims had, we just came home 400,000 richer...
Mad Poster
#11388 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 6:05 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 7th Dec 2018 at 7:23 PM.
You guys know EA licences the TS3 soundtrack, right? It's popped up countless times in TV programs, commercials, weather reports and god knows what else over the years. It's been heard on TV in dozens of countries, on dozens of TV stations, and it never fails to make Simmers freak out. Well, apparently TS3 isn't the only Sims soundtrack they licensed because I was playing Watch Dogs 2 yesterday and went into what the game calls the 'Hackerspace', the base of operations for our heroes which is located under a board game store.....in which music from The Sims Medieval can be heard playing over the radio. In a Ubisoft game, funnily. They probably didn't know, Paradox did it too once with putting TS3 music in a Cities Skylines trailer because they hadn't been told that it was from a video game soundtrack.

Licensing music for video productions is something that's often done blindly, where the producing party just picks out something they like without bothering to check into the details. Also doesn't help that those websites make no mention of where the music is from. There's a good chance your favourite TV program has some cheap stock tune for a theme song.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#11389 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycigarettes
The Sultan's Tabernacle tent sells for 50,000 simoleons immediately after you get it from the special merchant, so thanks to the large surplus of ancient coins my sims had, we just came home 400,000 richer...

I tried very hard to get that tent... then I was upset because all it was, was a BIG TENT! Not even as useful as the little tent. I expected something like the tent in Harry Potter where it's bigger on the inside than the outside, like it was a portable house - you go in, blank screen, and voila! You're inside a large house.
Nope.
I didn't think to try and sell it.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11390 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:17 PM
That would've been amazing. But how would the game engine have made that possible?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#11391 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:22 PM
My expectation was you tell the sim to go into the tent, the screen shows a plumbob for a second, and then like the basement of a house - black everywhere except the inside of the tent.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11392 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:30 PM
Sell it? My sims want to know what kind of awesome positive moodlet bonuses they can expect to get from woohooing in a §50,000 tent.

Come to think of it, that's the same thing they wanted to know about the pizza oven and the large aquarium. It's possible I need to get them out of the house a bit more often...
Test Subject
#11393 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I tried very hard to get that tent... then I was upset because all it was, was a BIG TENT! Not even as useful as the little tent. I expected something like the tent in Harry Potter where it's bigger on the inside than the outside, like it was a portable house - you go in, blank screen, and voila! You're inside a large house.
Nope.
I didn't think to try and sell it.

Honestly I've never thought to sell it before either. I just accidentally grabbed it in my inventory one day and it came up as $30,000 (depreciation) which came as a shock so naturally, with almost 18,000 ancient coins laying about and the tent costing all of 2,500...

It is slightly more useful ish? Than the small tent. AFAIK it can sleep at *least* 4 sims - unsure on the upper limit I've only tried with 4 - so if you travel in large groups you don't need 2+ tents. I haven't noticed, or really tried to compare, whether it refills your energy faster than the little one. My sims have the 'who needs sleep anyway' LTR so it's hard to say.

Quote: Originally posted by Igazor
Sell it? My sims want to know what kind of awesome positive moodlet bonuses they can expect to get from woohooing in a §50,000 tent.

Nothing they don't get from the regular cheap tent, I'm afraid. There's no 'fancy woohoo' moodlet even though there darn well ought to be.

Anyway. TIL my now-wife likes to garden in the rain, barefoot, in her nightdress which seems like a fantastic idea and not at all the best way to catch cold

Lab Assistant
#11394 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Publicly disgraced isn't just for cheating. Apparently it applies to whoo hooing with occult sims.
I mean i only married him because he was a freeloader and my sim wanted to get married, but come on. This is going to be a long forced marriage if he constantly figuratively has to wear the bag over his head.

Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I really want a mod to stop that. Sigh!

I'm pretty sure there is a mod to stop this. If I remember correctly it's one of Nraas' that allows you to select which situations your sim is allowed to be publicly disgraced about. I always turned off the woohoing occult one in most of my towns.
Inventor
#11395 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
Journalists can interview other Sims to discover their traits:
Scholar
#11396 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
I'm pretty sure there is a mod to stop this. If I remember correctly it's one of Nraas' that allows you to select which situations your sim is allowed to be publicly disgraced about. I always turned off the woohoing occult one in most of my towns.

I do have Nraas but last time I messed with Nraas' settings paparazzi started spontaneously bursting to flame on my lot. 0_o I don't know what i tampered with.

Lab Assistant
#11397 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You guys know EA licences the TS3 soundtrack, right? It's popped up countless times in TV programs, commercials, weather reports and god knows what else over the years.

So the other day, I put on a documentary on some serial killer. Roughly ten minutes in, they showed the family during the happier days... and I almost thought I'd lost it, because the music for the scene was a TS3 buy mode tune. o_o great choice there...

omnis mundi creatura
Inventor
#11398 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 1:16 AM Last edited by Naus Allien : 16th Dec 2018 at 8:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
So the other day, I put on a documentary on some serial killer. Roughly ten minutes in, they showed the family during the happier days... and I almost thought I'd lost it, because the music for the scene was a TS3 buy mode tune. o_o great choice there...

Kinda reminds me of the Age of Mythology soundtrack. I've heard the main theme countless times when they're announcing something "epic" on the news.
Scholar
#11399 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:29 AM
How about trying to play Sims3 off line

You will be connected
I found a connection,
Resistance is futile.

(PS: I snipped out my place of works name. Also watch gnomes in your inventory apparently they move around)
Screenshots

Scholar
#11400 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 8:34 PM
Today I discovered anything and everything I make or edit heavily will undoubtedly have routing issues
Page 456 of 490