Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:05 PM
Downloaded items open with the bodyshop instead...
I have been using the Sims 2 clean pack installer for a while now and usually it works perfectly, but for some reason suddenly when I download something, anything, it opens with, what I think is, my sims 2 body shop. I tried to get it back the way it was with no success, could anyone help??? I really enjoy my Sims 2 clean pack installer, it allows me to filter through all the CC I download@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Sarah
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 7:32 PM
Right click the sims2pack and use the 'open with' option and check Clean Installer. Make sure to check the box that says: always use this program to open this type of file. Every once in a while I have to do this. I have no idea why it defaults back to the eaxis installer.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:01 PM
Thanks for the answer but when I right-clic the clean pack installer there's No 'open with' option. My choices are just 'open' ,with wich I get an empty clean pack displayed with no options, or 'Run as...' That's it!! Anything else I can do??

Thanks

Sarah
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 8:20 PM
Right-click on the sims2pack file itself - not on the Clean Installer icon. Open With is a default Windows option so you definitely will have it (I just installed Windows a couple days ago and I sure haven't changed anything) - you just have to be right-clicking on the right type of file.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 1:58 PM
I finally was able to do "open with", I selected "clean pack installer" and then "always use the selected program to open this type of file", their we're other programs in the recommended programs section, including Notepad and bodyshop. I tried again to download and my CC still opens with the body shop, so I went back to "open with" and tried to remove bodyshop and Notepad from the recommended list, yet there was no way I could do so. I selected again the options above (open with "clean pack installer" and "always use the selected program...) Yet my CC still opens with the body shop and does not even appear in my game.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks

Sarah
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 10:58 PM
Just to check- you do mean the bodyshop installer as opposed to Bodyshop, and you are referring to Sims2Pack files?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 12:59 AM
I think you might benefit from this FAQ:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Fracking_Idiots Clean Installer only opens Sims2Pack files, not .package files.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.