Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:31 PM
Default What are you going to make for the Seasons and Celebrations theme? :)
I am going to attempt a few things, well one in particular, but anyone got any ideas for our newest theme?

It covers seasons, holidays, and celebrations and is 3 months long this time!

so feel free to ask questions and post ideas here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:35 PM
Wonderful theme - I guess I will build a wedding venue out of Africa
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:06 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM
I am building a set of four season lots, one for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Although give how hard this ski lift has shown itself I may only get one lot up and the others later.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:22 PM
YES - it involves tinsel

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM
A certain church bell could be used in weddings too "cough cough"
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM
I have absolutely no clue. *crickets in the brain*
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:38 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I have absolutely no clue. *crickets in the brain*

A cottage suitable for a playable Santa Claus?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:04 AM
Santa's workshop?
Wedding venue
birthday venue (chuckie cheese style?)
vacation spots
Christmas Tree farm
Sims holiday style lot (Flamingo, llama, love day, spooky day etc.)
beach style lot for summer, fishing hole perhaps, (just tie it in with a season) community style garden, for summer
that is for l ots

for non lots, winter coats, swim suits, Formal wear/wedding gowns, birthday cakes and wedding cakes, recolors of wedding arches, or flower bouquets, gift packages of various types.
Food for various occasions.
Festival style things (food, clothing, activities, lots)
fireworks stand
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
A certain church bell could be used in weddings too "cough cough"

oh yes ... ah that <mumble mumble, shuffles feet>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:10 AM
Anything to do with seasons, that could be spring flowers, winter foods, an igloo tent, a growable pumpkin, mods to do with season activities, clothing recolours-all kinds of things. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:42 AM
The list is quite long what you can do. A whole bunch of holidays fall in this theme. If you aren't into Christian holidays (I am, but many of my friends are not and hey ... I never mind celebrating a festive holiday with them!), there are Wiccan, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist and holidays from other denominations. And there is always Festivus, birthdays, New Year's Day and national holidays from different countries. (If anyone makes Anzac biscuits as a Sim food, I'll be downloading those in a hurry!) And of course, you don't have to stick with Winter holidays, though this three-month period sure has enough of them.

Lots ... People have to celebrate these holidays somewhere! Even a decked-out holiday house could work.

And of course, parks with skating rinks, marketplaces selling these goods, even a chapel or wedding reception hall. My problem isn't a lack of ideas. My problem is: will I have time to give a lot enough attention? That is a concern ....

But first, I want to make sure my bleeping dorm issues are sorted before diving into a new lot.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:46 AM
Well you you and Jo can work on lots Gazania and I will be working on a special "summer" project and a special "celebratory" one cough cough.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:02 AM
Wow. You guys are amazing! :lovestruc Thanks for the jump-start to the brain. Such good ideas here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:35 AM
Well heads up, my lots are avoiding holiday items because I'm from the Southern hemisphere so our seasons are flipped, Christmas is in summer and Easter is in Autumn/Fall. So my winter lot will be snowy with skiing and skating but not Christmassy etc. So if anyone wants to do lots focused more on the holidays at that time you won't be replicating mine.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I am going to attempt a few things, well one in particular, but anyone got any ideas for our newest theme?
It covers seasons, holidays, and celebrations and is 3 months long this time!
so feel free to ask questions and post ideas here

I have no modding skills. But I do have an imagination and a something of a wish-list in my head of things I'd like to see.

At the top of my list would be a buyable tree, plus a separate buyable decorations package. When a Sim has both, they can get the option to "decorate" the tree. Would be great of the decorations package came in a variety of colors and styles so not all trees on the block are the same.

Charity and I saw a nifty Christmas ornament that a cat can bat around on the floor -- like the toy mouse. The creator also had a smashed package that dogs can chew on -- like the dog bone. Unfortunately, the item is for Sims 3 (or maybe Sims 4), plus it is a "donator" item (ie: they want us to pay for it). :-(

Not sure if any of these are possible, but since we are tossing out ideas.
. . . a wrapped package that could contain one of a variety of items -- so that when the Sim "opens" it, they and we will be surprised by what's inside? Maybe one for kids and another for adults. Would be very cool if a Sim could buy it in a store, like a grab bag item to give as a gift.
. . . a buyable snow hill that kids can slide on (ie: a slide, covered with snow?)
. . . a scary funhouse might be a fun business lot for the fall season -- would be extra fun if it included some sort of object that made kids or people laugh or cry when they interact with it, (like the jack in box toy for toddlers).
. . . wearable costumes for kids and adults

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
just a girl
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 2:25 AM
There was some talking about custom parties around here a while ago. I hope someone really makes something. I've wanted funerals for a while now.

As for me, none of my current projects are seasons or celebrations related. Will need to think about this. Maybe will do something about climate.

Good luck, everyone, and lotsa spare time for creative stuff! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Not sure if any of these are possible, but since we are tossing out ideas.
. . . a wrapped package that could contain one of a variety of items -- so that when the Sim "opens" it, they and we will be surprised by what's inside? Maybe one for kids and another for adults. Would be very cool if a Sim could buy it in a store, like a grab bag item to give as a gift.
. . . a buyable snow hill that kids can slide on (ie: a slide, covered with snow?)

1) Openable Presents
2) Snow Hill Slide
Forum Resident
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
There was some talking about custom parties around here a while ago. I hope someone really makes something. I've wanted funerals for a while now.

As for me, none of my current projects are seasons or celebrations related. Will need to think about this. Maybe will do something about climate.

Good luck, everyone, and lotsa spare time for creative stuff! :lovestruc
Yeah, the custom parties thing was me. I wanted a baby shower as it's own party. I tried finding something to work and experimented with a new Sims 2 folder, but nothing seemed to work. I didn't know if I was missing globals or what.

A more savvy modder will need to take the reigns. I poke at it occasionally, but usually just end up pouting.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:49 AM
@SIMelissa, you just might end up with a decoratable tree by the end of this theme...just saying...

And to answer the question posed by this thread. Lots. Lots of ideas. Will see how many actually make it to light, lol.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
1) Openable Presents
2) Snow Hill Slide

That is so awesome! I've seen presents that you can set on the table or under the tree but hadn't seen anything that said it was openable! Yay!! And that sliding hill is exactly what I needed last season in my game. I'm snagging it for the next winter when my island kids have nothing to do but build snowmen and have snowball fights. Thanks!!

Quote: Originally posted by justJones
@SIMelissa, you just might end up with a decoratable tree by the end of this theme...just saying...

Oh, my Sims would love that! (I would, too.) If it actually ends up as a download, it will be just like Christmas -- or, in my neighborhood, Grandma's Day.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 4:45 AM
ATM I'm thinking a Santa's Workshop lot could be a lot of fun, but that'll probably end up being heavily dependent on when I am able to buy a functioning computer again...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 5:08 AM Last edited by gazania : 2nd Oct 2017 at 5:43 AM.
Another idea if people are really stumped .... there is no need to go with well-known holidays. There are a whole bunch of quieter and/or weird holidays out there. National Coffee Day, anyone (Just passed ... Sept. 29th)? An eco-friendly park for Earth Day?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 6:30 AM
At first I too had crickets, but then yesterday I had an idea that's already half finished, with just grunt work left. It's something I wanted to have for a long time, so I'm real excited about it. It's more weather/season- related than it is holidays, and it's in an area I've never worked before. But of course it's still modding because I semi-suck at everything else If things go well it might even be released by the end of today.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 1 of 4