Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom outfits not showing
Hi everyone I hope I'm putting this in the correct section..If not, I'm sorry:D

I have had a few custom content outfits and most of them have never given me any problems. However, these 10 outfits lately have been bugged/glitched. I have had these for over a year and have used them frequently with no problems. The last few months I noticed this bug. The invisible body shows instead of the outfit OR a Maxis default outfit will show. I only have Plant hack and the Uni hack installed...but have had them for years so I don't think those hacks are interupting anything. If I wanted to delete these bugged outfits, how do I go about deleteing them? I have DDO and SimPE, but I do not know which outfits exactly to look for. (No specific name). Any help will be Appreciated! Ty muchHere is pic of what I'm experiencing:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:07 AM
I periodically get odd things like that happening in my game too. For awhile I couldn't have a sim try on separates in a clothing store, because the sim's body would turn completely invisible (single-piece outfits were fine). Recently this stopped happening. I don't know what caused it or why it stopped.

I had another sim the other day go to a store to buy earrings - her face turned GREEN in the selection dialog like the wicked witch overlay. No idea why.

I used to get an effect similar to yours when I used Pescado's Clothing Tool on my sims. This is also fine now for no apparent reason (except the sim in the dialog is now always bald ) I must have removed something or other that was conflicting.

Anyway - the clothes themselves were always fine as far as I was able to tell. I never had a problem once the sim was actually wearing the outfit. Do your custom clothes cause any problems once they're actually on the sim or is it only the glitchy dialog box that's bothering you? If it's just the dialog that's glitchy, I wouldn't worry too much about it - none of my examples above ever bothered my game, they just looked annoying. If the clothing itself is causing problems, exit the game, go into your Downloads folder, and delete the custom clothing file(s) from there.
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I used to get an effect similar to yours when I used Pescado's Clothing Tool on my sims. This is also fine now for no apparent reason (except the sim in the dialog is now always bald ) I must have removed something or other that was conflicting.

Unrelated, but I heard the bald thing was pretty normal.

Are they invisible in CAS? If it is, I'd try redownloading it if you can- CC can corrupt in weird ways.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:51 PM
Thanks@RoxEllen1965 No it is the outfits themselves. If i have my sim wear them it shows a default Maxis winter coat outfit. And my downloads folder is not organized and I have over 7000 pieces of cc. I'll just have to live with it i guess. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:22 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:50 PM.
Do you remember where you downloaded that outfit from? If so, you could at least find out what filename you need to look for.

EDIT: This may help you find out who made your outfit and what they called it, which may make it easier to find online.

1. Enable the testing cheats (type Ctrl + Shift + C and enter "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" into the cheat box without the quote marks).

2. Go into CAS and press Shift +N to enable the CAS debugging mode. You should now get pop-up tooltips when you hover your mouse over the custom clothing.

Some creators put their names and the names of the outfits in the file. Some don't bother. IF the person who made your problem outfit did that, you can try googling for the name of the creator and/or the clothing item. IF you find it, you can determine what file name to search for and delete in your Downloads folder. (If you're really lucky, you can just re-download it and hope that fixes it.)

I may be mis-remembering, but I think that this outfit is showing as the winter coat because that's what the game shows when an outfit's mesh is missing a texture? I recently cleared a bunch of those out of my own game. I still have a male outfit that's doing that - haven't tracked it down yet. Male outfits show as one of the cheap suits when they have that problem.

Ninja'd by Peni
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
That's what happens when you don't have a mesh, or when there's a dispute between two meshes. If you default a maxis outfit, and also have an outfit that uses the Maxis mesh, for example, they could fall foul of each other; and sometimes I'll accidentally get two different defaults for the same piece of clothing. So I suggest that the first thing you do is search your downloads folder for *default* and see if you have any conflicts in the list that comes up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)