Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 5447
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2199 times.
Search this Thread
Old 27th Jan 2019, 4:19 PM DefaultIssues with exporting face GMDC with morphs #1
mixa97sr
Original Poster

Theorist

5 Achievements

So I've seen this issue of default eyelash default replacement and how it is impossible to do with current way of sims 2 mesh editing knowledge... so I decided to give it a go because I recently learned a lot about sims 2 meshing and why and how all the files involved work. Needless to say, it was hell, but I got everything in place for testing except the actual face GMDC.

The reason that I can't continue with testing this project is, well... the face morphs that get imported in milkshape. They do not allow the face mesh to export properly trough the Unimesh plugin because there is more than 4 of them. That is literally the error I get.
The reason I do this is because I need eyelashes separated from the default face as a special alpha group (to not have the face screw up with the depth buffer) while still keeping their relation to the morphs, and I also need to keep all the morphs properly (because, you know sims won't be able to have their faces animated without them) and I don't see this possible currently. I made sure that the new group is added and referenced to in all the other necessary resources and made a special material that's set to alpha blend so that I can do this, but this is where I stopped, and I don't see the way out.
Is there anything else that can be done or is this the end of my experiment?
Old 27th Jan 2019, 9:30 PM #2
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Milkshape won't allow you to import the face morphs, only the base mesh. Not sure why, and I don't know if there's a way around this except using an accessory instead.

You can import the morph states for most non-face items, but I think there might be too many morphs in face meshes for Milkshape to process.

I don't know if this is any different in other programs (like Blender).
Old 27th Jan 2019, 10:16 PM #3
mixa97sr
Original Poster

Theorist

5 Achievements

I was able to import the face morphs. For both LODs. All of them. And edit them. The problem arises when I want to export them. It throws an error that says that I can't export more than 4 morphs. That's the only problem I have right now.

Blender? Blender is not really a friend as it just throws an error upon import.
Old 28th Jan 2019, 9:12 PM #4
mixa97sr
Original Poster

Theorist

5 Achievements

Ok so from what I've understood, and tried out so far, there's no Sims 2 modding tool who can either import or export the morphs properly. So I guess I just give up on this. But I'll make a documentation on what the morphs are and what they do eventually.

Section jump: