Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:18 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 19th Dec 2014 at 3:47 AM. Reason: Cross-Posting
Default Recoloring Another Creator's Object? SOLVED
Hello.

First of all I want to make clear that I, in no way, intend to share my creation; this is for my personal use only.

Okay, what I want to do is change the words on this sign:

[IMG][/IMG]

Do I somehow import this file into S3OC to clone it first? Or do I use S3PE to extract the image files, alter them in Photoshop, then import the image files back in using S3PE? Also, is there a tutorial somehow I can refer back to periodically? I have a tutorial I've used to make custom paintings and posters, is the process for those the same for what I'm currently trying to do?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I'm cross-posting this to another forum in the hopes I get more of a response...assuming I'm even posting this right. XD
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:25 AM
Hi. Yes you can do that with S3PE as you described.
You can also use a tool like Texture Tweaker or TSRW.

Make a backup copy of the .package file before making changes. Better safe than sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Hi. Yes you can do that with S3PE as you described.
You can also use a tool like Texture Tweaker or TSRW.

Make a backup copy of the .package file before making changes. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for responding. I'm assuming I'll need the specular and mulitplier, in addition to the overlay? Is there a tutorial somewhere that could walk me through this? I'm still learning here, sorry.

Currently I'm using this tutorial: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ima...ionTextures.pdf

Not sure if it will work for me but I'm learning a lot from this!
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 8:29 AM
I'm sorry, this is not my area of expertise (not that I have one...). I'll just edit the .dds file with Gimp as if it was a simple image.

If you use the tools I mentioned they will take care of everything, but I like your attitude and your will to learn. I wish you good luck.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I'm sorry, this is not my area of expertise (not that I have one...). I'll just edit the .dds file with Gimp as if it was a simple image.

If you use the tools I mentioned they will take care of everything, but I like your attitude and your will to learn. I wish you good luck.

Thanks muchly!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:33 AM
If it doesn't matter to you whether or not you get to keep the original texture, I would just open the .package file up in Texture Tweaker 3. You can export and import the textures from TT3; I don't remember all the buttons, but it's pretty intuitive. The words will probably be on the overlay texture, so that'll be the only one you need to change, unless you want to change the wood texture too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:50 AM
Thanks all.

I *think* I can do this. The problem is, when I tried (just the one time) I ended up with the words off center. I'll keep messing with it; eventually I'll get it right!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
Thanks all.

I *think* I can do this. The problem is, when I tried (just the one time) I ended up with the words off center. I'll keep messing with it; eventually I'll get it right!

Update: Just wanted to let you know that I got this problem worked out. All I had to do was change the overlay. Easy as pie -- not making pie, eating pie. Eating pie is easy, lol.