Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#351 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:14 PM Last edited by simishdirectioner : 31st Aug 2013 at 1:27 PM.
I cant find the ini files?! I went to ProgramFiles(x86)/ElectronicArts/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged but all thats there is a Collections folder, and thats empty! Please help! Does it matter that my game is downloaded from Origin? I really want to try this, but obviously cant if i dont have the files. Is it unusual that I cant find them? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

EDIT: Nva mind, I figured it out. I had to go to Promgram Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Ini
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 8:52 PM
Thank you so much for this! Thanks to you I now managed to get the Sunlit Tides light and water colours to work with my world project! :lovestruc

Test Subject
#353 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 10:56 PM
I will try this in my custom world.
Test Subject
#354 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 5:18 PM
Does anyone have ini files of Utopian Oasis Landing.

That world have perfect sky.
Top Secret Researcher
#355 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sumrak7
Does anyone have ini files of Utopian Oasis Landing.

That world have perfect sky.
They are here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514432. I like Utopia, too, as well as the normal version.
Test Subject
#356 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Caesum : 6th Nov 2013 at 8:43 PM.
Hello, does anyone know how can I change the interior lighting? I thought I could find it here but it seems there's either nothing about it or I'c blind. I hate how dark the rooms are. My perfectly white wall looks like a dark grey crap even with lights turned on. I'd love to change it.

Also I wonder if there's any possibility to turn off that strange from-the-ground lighting which seem to affect every sim(their chins are brighter than their faces). I thought it'd work if I change LightProbeSaturation and GrayscaleProbeIntensity parameters to 0, but apparently it doesn't fix it. Here's an example of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/6ovctaj.jpg
Test Subject
#357 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 7:39 AM
Default Aurora Skies
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Hi simsample,

I exported all Ini/dds files from these EA World
(Aurora Skies, Sims University, Monte Vista, World Castle)

So first, World Castle is a medieval world created by EA for the game Sims Medieval

And I also noticed that the ini/dds files from Aurora Skies has special green clouds at night (polar lights)

I just needed to stop by and say THANK YOU!!! (I'm actually singing it out loud, lol)
The Aurora Skies settings were exactly what I wanted to add to my game! I was terrified by the monumental task of recreating them myself and then you go and post them. Thanks a millon!
Test Subject
#358 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 9:44 PM
Just a note - I downloaded the newer version of s3pe, from November. When trying to import Sunlit Tides' files into the world I'm working on, I left "compress" ticked, and it threw this error: "cannot load a packed file {0} in the sims 3 create a world tool" when I tried to open it in CAW

I tried again, this time not keeping the "compress" box in the import tool in S3PE clicked, and it worked fine.

I don't know if that's obvious, but it confused me for a moment.
Test Subject
#359 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Glassonion : 9th Feb 2014 at 3:58 PM. Reason: Expanded Content
Default The Sims 3 - CAW - Rotate The Water Plane & Weather Config Profiles
This is now a Long (but well organised) post, you have been warned.

General Introduction

Disclaimers

Before doing anything

Back-up all copies of all original files before doing anything, this includes all game/settings and world/settings saves and files that you may plan to alter. Store them in a safe place on your computer away from your work area or on a separate device or both. I don't want any accidents or tears so please: Back-it-up! Information about how to perform these procedures is already posted on this thread/forum/website found: here and at the start of this thread.

Finding The Ini Files

The information for finding these files is already posted near the start of this thread

Weather Config Profiles

Rotating Water Planes

Thanks

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  GlassonionDefaultConfig.rar (20.3 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  GlassonionConfigAlphaTestDull.rar (20.4 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  GlassonionConfigAlphaTestVivid.rar (22.0 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Weather Config Profiles. Read The Weather Introduction for Instructions.
File Type: rar  Glassonion(Angle-Compass)Sea.rar (11.2 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Glassonion(Angle-Compass)SeaTwo.rar (12.6 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Altered Sea Ini files. Read the Water Planes Quick Test For Instructions.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#360 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:59 PM
Why is nobody answering my question?

And what happened to simsample?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#361 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Glassonion : 9th Feb 2014 at 6:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Why is nobody answering my question?

And what happened to simsample?

Hello, if you mean the question you asked back at Post #90 in this thread then I may be able to help.

Downloaded your ini files to have a look and have made some minor changes which seem to have corrected the problem for me (was causing a CAW App Crash). Some of your values in the fields: 'Threshold, Sharpness and TexCoord' have blank 'spacebar' spaces after the input value (a subtle error but it does seem to make a difference). Also, it doesn't seem to like it when the Clear Probability Weight is set to 0.0, changed it 0.01 and that seemed to do it.

I have attached your corrected ini files in 'Weather Config Profile' format as described in my post above. Hope this helps you.

Glassonion
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Jawusa corrected weather profile.rar (14.8 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#362 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glassonion
Hello, if you mean the question you asked back at Post #90 in this thread then I may be able to help.

Downloaded your ini files to have a look and have made some minor changes which seem to have corrected the problem for me (was causing a CAW App Crash). Some of your values in the fields: 'Threshold, Sharpness and TexCoord' have blank 'spacebar' spaces after the input value (a subtle error but it does seem to make a difference). Also, it doesn't seem to like it when the Clear Probability Weight is set to 0.0, changed it 0.01 and that seemed to do it.

I have attached your corrected ini files in 'Weather Config Profile' format as described in my post above. Hope this helps you.

Glassonion

Oh thank you very much.
I waited almost 3 years for someone who can fix it.

...embarrassing, I'm still not finished building my first world but I'm finished soon.
Anyway I also have a question... How can I delete the .dds files from the world?
Now, I want to use the Config folder method.

Always, if I try to delete the .dds files, the world won't load so I had to restore it back (backup)

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#363 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:55 PM
Oh thank you very much.
I waited almost 3 years for someone who can fix it.

...embarrassing, I'm still not finished building my first world but I'm finished soon.
Anyway I also have a question... How can I delete the .dds files from the world?
Now, I want to use the Config folder method.

Always, if I try to delete the .dds files, the world won't load so I had to restore it back (backup)

That's ok, am glad it helped you out.

As for deleting exiting .dds files in your world, simsample has already covered this in post #3 of this thread. '', or else remove the colour ramps to get rid of the custom weather altogether'', if this is what you mean? If so...

Open your .World backup file in S3PE then locate and delete the following resources:

S3_00B2D882_0076A684_ECCBBCB773C02131
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_7529C26EE8E2A9E6
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_28C841C9462BCDE0
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_E422CDDE7FE1F25F
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_F0A86F660985BF20

Save your world in S3PE and use this new file to replace the exiting one in the CAW user tool data. Also check that you don't have any old or duplicate weather ini files in your backup as this may cause a problem. (All resource information is posted at the start of this thread if you need to track these down). If this isn't what you meant or it doesn't solve the problem then it could be something wrong elsewhere.

Glassonion
Trainee Moderator
#364 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glassonion
That's ok, am glad it helped you out.

As for deleting exiting .dds files in your world, simsample has already covered this in post #3 of this thread. '', or else remove the colour ramps to get rid of the custom weather altogether'', if this is what you mean? If so...

Open your .World backup file in S3PE then locate and delete the following resources:

S3_00B2D882_0076A684_ECCBBCB773C02131
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_7529C26EE8E2A9E6
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_28C841C9462BCDE0
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_E422CDDE7FE1F25F
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_F0A86F660985BF20

Save your world in S3PE and use this new file to replace the exiting one in the CAW user tool data. Also check that you don't have any old or duplicate weather ini files in your backup as this may cause a problem. (All resource information is posted at the start of this thread if you need to track these down). If this isn't what you meant or it doesn't solve the problem then it could be something wrong elsewhere.

Glassonion

I deleted those... I hope it works :-)

EDIT: It worked, now I don't have any strange shadows or fog... it's like, I never add those .dds files :-)

My Simblr
Test Subject
#365 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 4:58 PM
I'm trying to remake te Isla paradiso world more to my liking. The problem is that the world file that I have doesn't have any of the special water and sky colours. I would like to get those of sunlit tides in the world. The files I found, I believe they were from this topic didn't work. also when I looked at them it didn't really had that much to do with sky and watter and there was nothing at all about colour. So does anybody know where to get the correct files?? Hopfully those wil work for my world since the others didn't.
Test Subject
#366 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caesum
Hello, does anyone know how can I change the interior lighting? I thought I could find it here but it seems there's either nothing about it or I'c blind. I hate how dark the rooms are. My perfectly white wall looks like a dark grey crap even with lights turned on. I'd love to change it.

Also I wonder if there's any possibility to turn off that strange from-the-ground lighting which seem to affect every sim(their chins are brighter than their faces). I thought it'd work if I change LightProbeSaturation and GrayscaleProbeIntensity parameters to 0, but apparently it doesn't fix it. Here's an example of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/6ovctaj.jpg

Can somebody help me on this one? It's really important to me, especially the indoor lighting.
Test Subject
#367 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TitanChief10
I'm trying to remake te Isla paradiso world more to my liking. The problem is that the world file that I have doesn't have any of the special water and sky colours. I would like to get those of sunlit tides in the world. The files I found, I believe they were from this topic didn't work. also when I looked at them it didn't really had that much to do with sky and watter and there was nothing at all about colour. So does anybody know where to get the correct files?? Hopfully those wil work for my world since the others didn't.

Hi, these methods do work, although you may actually have to read the provided information to get it to work how you would like it to. The ini files for sunlit tides provided in this thread are correct and are what your looking for but like I said, you may need to do some research of your own.

Here are pictures of the sunlit tides ini files (only has two weather types) from this thread in action in CAW, to show you that it does work. People are happy to try and help with problems but you cant just say 'It Doesn't Work', when there is lot of evidence to the contrary. If you have another read through and are still stuck then post the problem and ill try to help you out some more.

Glassonion
Screenshots
Test Subject
#368 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:10 PM
Can somebody help me on this one? It's really important to me, especially the indoor lighting.

Hello, not sure if I will be able to help here but would like to ask a question to try and narrow the cause of this problem:

Do these 'chin lighting' and 'white (looks grey) wall' problems only happen in worlds that you have created, or is this present in all games/worlds that you play in The Sims 3?

Glassonion
Test Subject
#369 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 5:01 AM
I've read, read, an read some more an I'm just left puzzled. Here is what I need/want to do...

I haven't yet purchased Island Paradise or any of the other expansions that have worlds with that tropical water an beaches. I want those beaches an water (water mostly I can do the beaches with terrain paints).

Step by Step in newbie terms.... how do I change the water to that of Island Paradise or tropical setting? Surely by now someone has a one click an it's done answer for this. I hope....

Help greatly appreciated
Zombie615

Edited - I think what I really need is the ini files for Island Paradise so that I can read through this tutorial again an switch those out however it is done so my world will have Island paradise sky/sea/weather paramaters.
Test Subject
#370 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Caesum : 9th Mar 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Glassonion(from the Beatles song?) - it happens everywhere. It's also visible in default lighting. I'd believe it's happening because of that from-the-ground lighting, but I cannot seem to turn it off without destroying whole lighting.

And about indoor lighting, I cannot find a single option for it in the ini files for lighting. Does anyone know where can I find them?
Test Subject
#371 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 3:53 PM
Glassonion(from the Beatles song?)

Yes, well spotted. That is an interesting one, if it happens everywhere then it may not even be related to CAW and something else could be the cause. The ambient light looked ok in your picture, didn't see one of the wall issue, the skin was the most noticeable though; looks rather detailed, is this a CC item? Maybe try running without any mods and see if that makes a difference, I know that's what everyone blames but its worth a try if you are having problems. As for tuning interior lighting; I've yet to see any setting files that deal with this yet, although there may well be somewhere. Sorry I couldn't be much help,

Glassonion
Test Subject
#372 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:27 AM
Sory but I have been trying forever to just get a world with the ini files from Sunlit Tides, I have used the files from this topic but when I import them in a flt world I can not open the world any more. Could someone please help me with this, or if someone could just make a working flat world with these files and sent it to me that would be great.

Titan
Test Subject
#373 Old 16th May 2014 at 1:39 PM Last edited by Caesum : 24th May 2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I will never ever forgive myself this mistake. They won't either.
Glassonion - unfortunately it's a fully TS3 'feature' that strange from-the-ground lighting. And no worries about indoor lighting, I guess You Can't Always Get What You Want(if you know what I mean).

How about CAS lighting? I'd love to make it look exactly like in indoors if possible.
Test Subject
#374 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:50 AM
I realize this an old thread. I'm throwing that out there because it seems that almost all Sims3er's have gone to Sims 4.
Not I.
Tried it, Hated it (Toony to the max). So I'm sticking to "3".
Now for the issue: I remember there was a day when I did customize my INI files and I loved the result for the world I was working on. The problem on this day is that I cannot find any of the ini files that should be with the game. I've searched and searched through several directories including Origin's files . I lost my own INI tweakings a couple of re-installations ago along with my world but I never really gave much thought to the INI tweaks because once I understood the concepts, it seemed easy enough to duplicate should the need arise. Now that the need has indeed risen I can't remember if I needed to make the files exist in the first place (Similar to the Mods/packages creation) or if I simply tweaked the existing files. Can anyone shed a little Ankle-Height Light on that?
dodgy builder
#375 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Absynaesthesia
I realize this an old thread. I'm throwing that out there because it seems that almost all Sims3er's have gone to Sims 4.
Not I.
Tried it, Hated it (Toony to the max). So I'm sticking to "3".
Now for the issue: I remember there was a day when I did customize my INI files and I loved the result for the world I was working on. The problem on this day is that I cannot find any of the ini files that should be with the game. I've searched and searched through several directories including Origin's files . I lost my own INI tweakings a couple of re-installations ago along with my world but I never really gave much thought to the INI tweaks because once I understood the concepts, it seemed easy enough to duplicate should the need arise. Now that the need has indeed risen I can't remember if I needed to make the files exist in the first place (Similar to the Mods/packages creation) or if I simply tweaked the existing files. Can anyone shed a little Ankle-Height Light on that?

I haven't been playing with this issue for ages, but I know it's available as a download for the worlds you like to tweak on. You have to read the first few posts in this thread and download the ini and color ramps from there.
Page 15 of 18