Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:34 PM
Default Sims 3 CC Creating tools for windows 10?
Hi guys! I'm looking for help! I want to start diving in Sims 3 modding but i totally cant find tools that work properly with Windows 10 (Sims 3 ofc). I tried TSRW but it doesn't support overrides. I tried S3OC but it crashes everytime i open it on windows 10. ANy suggestions? What do you guys use on windows 10 for sims 3 CC? Can't wait to hear your answers!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:45 PM
I use S3PE (and S3OC to clone anything should the need arise), but I also used to be quite a fan of TSRW until TS4 came out and permanently borked the entire thing for me. It won't do anything without crashing. Same goes for CAS Texture Unitool.
Odd that S3OC doesn't work on your end. Works fine here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
@Greenplumbbob
@douglasveiga
@Arsil
@icarus_allsorts

I think your best bet will be exploring the modding forums, or maybe messaging the folks above (not sure if they're all still here or not):

http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=547

There are some tools here that might be useful:
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=139&gs=2

Unfortunately, there was never a well-documented way or program that made mod-making simple, unlike the Sims 4.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
i totally cant find tools that work properly with Windows 10 (Sims 3 ofc). I tried TSRW but it doesn't support overrides. I tried S3OC but it crashes everytime i open it on windows 10. ANy suggestions?

Try right clicking on S3OC.exe, open Properties, then open Compatibility tab, change its compatibility to earlier Win OS version, click "Apply" and then try to run it again. You can try this to any other tools you'd like to run in Win 10 as well, maybe it's because of compatibility issue .

If it's still crashed, then it wasn't because of compatibility issue, you may be missing something that the programs also needs, like the Visual C++ and/or NetFX3 for Win 10 or something else.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:12 PM
I use Windows 10, S3OC, and CAS Texture Unitool all the time. I need to get the preview panel working again in CTU tho.

I stopped trying to use TSW because it pretty much requires MilkShape to mesh. That's $30. It also requires Photoshop IIRC, and that's a monthly payment. I'd rather use free software like Blender (gonna learn it anyway for poses and animations) and GIMP.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:06 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:44 PM
Thanks for the answers!