Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:52 AM
Default Need help with curve windows!
Hi, I'm creating this building but I need help,advice and feedback on how to do the curve windows!! :lovestruc
Screenshots

Live your life to d fullest! B happy!!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:30 AM
This one probably belongs in modding or meshing.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:22 PM
This one needs more information. A picture would be helpful. If you need feedback on something your building, then you want Creator Feedback Forum. If you are in the process of creating windows, then you need meshing. But you need to be specific. If you haven't started created them, then please read through the tutorials and try to create them first, then post with specific questions. And no, this does not belong in modding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:48 PM
Thank you both for answering!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This one needs more information. A picture would be helpful. If you need feedback on something your building, then you want Creator Feedback Forum. If you are in the process of creating windows, then you need meshing. But you need to be specific. If you haven't started created them, then please read through the tutorials and try to create them first, then post with specific questions. And no, this does not belong in modding.

Hi, I search the tutorials both buiding and meshing, and I couldn't find anything that help me or describe how to do windows or expecifically curve windows!!

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:53 AM
You best use TSRW for this, clone a window and examine its setup.
It has alot of meshes:
-out and inside shadow
-inside window
-outside window
-outside frame
-inside frame
Besides that it uses a wallmask texture that makes a cutout in the wall on placement.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You best use TSRW for this, clone a window and examine its setup.
It has alot of meshes:
-out and inside shadow
-inside window
-outside window
-outside frame
-inside frame
Besides that it uses a wallmask texture that makes a cutout in the wall on placement.

Thank-you for your answer ....But what is TSRW?

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChiK_HeinekeN
Thank-you for your answer ....But what is TSRW?

Hey!

TSRW is The Sims Resource Workshop. The Sims Resource is a site for downloads like MTS is. Most people call it "TSR". I'm pretty sure it is used to create things, if that's what you want to do.

If you don't want to create the window, install one. I've been looking for a curved window and I found this... Here's the link http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/rebujito/
Luna has a curved window in this set. The link for the download is the last one at the bottom of the post.

You have to install the sims3pack in it.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:14 AM
As HugeLunatic says you need the meshing forum. Go here and you will find lots of programs as sticky and a tutorial section at the top: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=602

Meshing is not easy, you have a lot of reading to do. As you can see from Bloomsbase's post. Thanks for that one. I'm thinking of doing another window.
TSRW is here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/
Locked thread