Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:35 PM
Default Question about business as unusual bistro mod
With this mod, can your active Sim be the chef at their own restaurant, and can they hire friends/family?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 1:09 AM
I think that's right also, but I wouldn't expect those positions to be extremely satisfying to play as they are practically robotic. I would more likely want to see my sims as a hosts/owners, user-directed to greet (or annoy, take your pick) guests as they arrive, bring them a drink from the bar if you have a LN bar on site, entertain them with jokes, music, magic tricks, exotic dances, whatever they can manage, etc. while they "wait" for their table, ask them how their meal was or some such social interactions standing in for that.

This wasn't part of the question, but just wanted to point out that the current version of the mod is available from us at NRaas, not here at MTS, as we became its guardian after Ani retired from TS3 modding and its most recent update fixed some long-standing bugs with the mod.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:53 AM
I think I used to have it, I don't think you can make your active sim be the chef unless you use nraas mod to force it. But it was long time ago, I might did something wrong. But I remembered I tried to own the place but the game keep generating random sims to do the job.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 6:27 AM
I never owned the restaurant but I made the owner the chef (You can set the owner, chef and waiter). This mod I think is better if you are the customer rather than the owner. You can go on a non rabbithole restaurant date which is really cool. I wonder how combing Zerbu's careers mod with this would go.

Things that I don't like are that the Sims teleport in to work and they're wearing odd outfits like one waiter was dressed as a cop. One was a firemen. I wonder if I somehow made service NPCs waiters or something. That's why they're career outfits were like that. You can use master controller to change their outfits though. Oh and sometimes the waiters and chefs will wander off to Idk where. I make sure everything is set up correctly before my Sim visits.

Another restaurant option I can think of is using Zerbu's careers mod. Put a restaurant rabbit hole door or rug on the lot. Then set the building as restaurant. Your Sim can work on one side as the Chef in the kitchen and the customers can use the eat outside option via the rabbithole rug or door.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 8:06 AM
I had NO idea such a thing existed. I'm working on a library with a bookstore in the basement (rabbit hole rug) so it's kinda like my sim works at the library part time. I was totally satisfied with that option, I had NO idea a mod existed to go a step further. Kaboom. There goes my mind. Blown. Edited to add -- and it's Zerbu. Of course. I should have known. Freaking genius,