Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 4:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Nraas Traffic to force career vehicles
Hey guys, I'm playing a save on Kateto Island and I've found that the career vehicles are not spawning causing all my sims to be late to work. I figure Nraas traffic would fix this but I'm not sure how. All my familes only have bikes but aren't being pushed to work.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 7:13 AM
Not entirely sure what you mean by career vehicles in this case. Do you mean carpools? This world appears to be so compact though that sims should be able to walk anywhere in less than 5 sim minutes or so and there may not be a suitable above water place for the carpools to spawn. Is that just an illusion I'm getting from the illustrations?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Not entirely sure what you mean by career vehicles in this case. Do you mean carpools? This world appears to be so compact though that sims should be able to walk anywhere in less than 5 sim minutes or so and there may not be a suitable above water place for the carpools to spawn. Is that just an illusion I'm getting from the illustrations?

Yes! I meant carpools and that may be the case. Is there any other way to force sims to work? Without a carpool there seems to be no push to get the sims to their jobs and schools.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:37 PM
Sorry for being stubborn, but unless the issue is very specific to this world and its rabbitholes for some other reason like impossible world lot routing, I am still not recognizing the problem. The game itself pushes sims to go to work/school pretty forcibly. NRaas SP even more so if that is in play, in the case of the inactives. It doesn't matter what the modes of transportation are and carpools are only for the actively played household anyway. But walking, running, bicycle, witch's broom, hoverboard, pogo stick (making this one up) should all work.

Of course, with your actives, you can just direct them to go to work/school when it's time for them to go no matter how they choose or need to get there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sorry for being stubborn, but unless the issue is very specific to this world and its rabbitholes for some other reason like impossible world lot routing, I am still not recognizing the problem. The game itself pushes sims to go to work/school pretty forcibly. NRaas SP even more so if that is in play, in the case of the inactives. It doesn't matter what the modes of transportation are and carpools are only for the actively played household anyway. But walking, running, bicycle, witch's broom, hoverboard, pogo stick (making this one up) should all work.

Of course, with your actives, you can just direct them to go to work/school when it's time for them to go no matter how they choose or need to get there.

Okay! I think it may just be my active family and assumed the inactives as well since I was getting notifications some were not turning into work. I just feel bad for my youngest who gets scolded for being late to school before I'm able to tell him to go. I'm never quick enough.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 12:19 PM
About 18 months ago I did some messing about with builders island, had a family living there, I set up all the required RH using rugs.
Not once did I see a carpool turn up, and I had to make them all go to work/school, which meant they either ran or took a taxi there and back.

Not sure if it's an issue with using tiny worlds, or if it's the rugs that don't work right, or both.