Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 10:36 PM
Default Pet and life stories compatible CC?
Ive been looking for cc compatible for life and pet stories,because i donĀ“t like the lack of objects ...

(Only 2 fridges... AND 1 COSTING 600 AND THE OTHER 2000 !!!!)

And the price gap between them

Can anyone help Me?
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:55 AM
This will probably get locked as it's more of a request then anything but i don't know alot of CC creators who do sims 2 to life/pets usually it's the other way around. Your best bet is to just recoilor the hell out of them and lower the price in SimPE (if thats even a compatible program as i never played life stories)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:41 AM
The majority of bodyshop items can be put into pet stories, as I have done it. I tried adding items that fit with the game engine, but I don't think I had much luck. Yep, I just checked my DL folder and only have bodyshop items (hair, skins, eyes, makeup, accessories).

Your mileage may vary.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:44 AM
My understanding is that any new mesh compatible with TS2 base game should work in the Stories series. Have you tried any?

ETA: ...and re-reading sandersims' post, I see CAS items, yes. Buy mode, maybe not. If anyone knows a definitive answer, please chime in.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:23 AM
I used to play Life Stories and I remember that most of my TS2 cc did work fine with it, including objects, so you hopefully should be able to use a cc fridge. There were some cc items that didn't work for some reason, so your mileage will vary. (Mostly it was gameplay mods that didn't work, but even a few of those worked OK too.) So you could try downloading a few cc fridges that are TS2 base game compatible and see how you get on.
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:02 PM
OOPS! Mea culpa, mangaroo.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:44 PM
I have just a few cc objects in my Pet Stories, because too much made it bog down and I have Sims 2 for that . I used things that were S2 base game compatible. (looking in my downloads - I have some furniture, curtains, a shower, but no appliances.)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
I have just a few cc objects in my Pet Stories, because too much made it bog down and I have Sims 2 for that . I used things that were S2 base game compatible.
That's exactly what I did, too, when I had only the Stories games (now that I have TS2, I only play the Stories games occasionally for nostalagia purposes and I only play through the stories. Then I go back to TS2.)! I had a base game cc-only rule for download CC for them.

Virtually everything I downloaded worked, too (I even downloaded the Insimenator for Pet Stories once....and to my surprise it worked like a charm! Not only that, but it even allowed me to age adults up to elders with no problems, even though doing so is not possible in normal gameplay in Pet Stories. Since those elders even had the correct aspiration level titles and everything, my theory is that EAxis simply disabled and hid all options for making elders in Pet Stories rather than outright deleting them from the game!).
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:27 PM
i have lots of CC for food, electronic, clothes, furniture, etc. The items should be compatible with basegame sims2 to work properly. Insimenator, Sinclair ZX Spectrum. Food have own custom menus where applicable. Everything works and it does not slow down game that much.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:20 PM
Since Pet Stories is based on the Pets EP game engine, some mods worked in Pet Stories and some didn't. It was hit and miss as to what mod worked and what mod didn't, and it may be the same way with CC.