Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM
Default How do I build a staircase landing?
Remember in sims 2...underfoundation,....they gave us regular foundation....the picket fence looking foundation...then the foundation that looked like wood that could be used indoors to make a little staircase landing...to makel ike L shape staircases...

I miss this!!

Is there any way to build these in Sims 3?

Thank you
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
yeah you can use the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat and then make a floor between(prop is you cant have more than 5 floors :S
or you can make the Faundation before you make then wall so it thinks it is outside and then place the stairs, and then build the walls
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:37 AM
Default Build the landing
You build as follow ;

1 . Make an veranda or two ......
2 . Connect the stairs make sure to build carpet or whatever when you place the stairs ok....
3 . Now build your first floor and make an flat roof and turf off auto roof, do a little math on where you placed the veranda and place your stairs .....
4 . And it take some practice but it works .....
I hope i help you out in this mather Greets GrazyC
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:00 PM
LOL i was thinking about this last night. ill just save this page for later. i think ill try to sketch something on paper first. i am having difficulties in camera control.
Site Helper
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:46 PM
There's a tutorial just a bit down in this forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=344314

It's the same technique that worked in TS2, before we got the stages.