Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1076 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:16 PM
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1077 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 3:14 PM
Wel he hasn't been online in two years so I'm afraid I'll just not be able to recolor it.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1078 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:35 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:22 PM.
It doesn't sound like the book is recolorable then. You would have to contact the original creator and ask him/her to fix it OR for permission to fix it yourself and share it.

edit: That was strange. When I posted this, I'd swear that HL's post wasn't there..I'd swear that lientebollemeis' post wasn't there.. Was there some kind of time warp this morning?
Top Secret Researcher
#1079 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Wel he hasn't been online in two years so I'm afraid I'll just not be able to recolor it.

Well on his profile (nate92488) he says that I don't need permission. That's a good thing.

But I have no idea how to fix that myself.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1080 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:42 PM
I'd love to be able to tell you how to fix it and that it would be easy. However, I took a look at one of the meshes- 1a from the "American" .rar and I don't understand some of it myself.

Maybe some SimPE wizard will read this and be able to figure it out: The tsDesignModeEnabled entry is there in the GMND for the cover. The TXMT, SHPE, and MMAT are definitely there. So is the texture. It would seem that some of the entries aren't needed- there is a TXMT and TXTR for each of the different covers. If you click "recolor", you get the subset selection box- the TXMT is there, the TXTR is there..there are 2 MMAT's though, and I'm pretty sure they were exactly the same- down to the family string.

Can it be fixed? Inquiring minds and all ya know. I've "fixed" un-recolorable meshes and have never run into the 2 MMAT thing before..
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1081 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:55 PM
Looking at the comments it seems as though those books have issues with sims resetting, which means it needs work in the BHAVs most likely. Doesn't sound like something worth fixing the recolorability if it has technical issues. There are others that appear to work correctly, just look in Downloads > Hobbies > Knowledge.
Top Secret Researcher
#1082 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:01 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:31 PM.
I don't have issues with those books. But I will check it.

Edit: I tested it again and it works perfectly. It always has.
So can I fix it to recolor it?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1083 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:38 PM
Not sure why it works for you, but it gives me an error and makes my sims reset.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379 That tutorial by Ignorant Bliss shows how to add recolorable subsets, but it also lists all parts needed to make an object recolorable.

Tutorials:Understanding_the_Scenegraphwiki will also help to understand the linkage in a package.
Top Secret Researcher
#1084 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:05 AM
Maybe it's the combination with another download?

Test Subject
#1085 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:30 AM
Hi, I can not recolor an object (bed) custom, please help me.
I click right on the image and does not appear to Build DXT option.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1086 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:38 AM
If the build dxt option does not appear then you need to download and install the nvidia utilities. Link should be in the first post otherwise google. The first images shows how to find the and enter the filepath for simpe.
Test Subject
#1087 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:21 AM
I installed nvidia utilities and Build DXT option appeared, but my recolor only appears in the game if I remove the original. only works one at a time.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1088 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:26 AM
Are you saving your recolor with a different name? Also, are you sure you're choosing "recolor" and not "clone"?
Top Secret Researcher
#1089 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There are others that appear to work correctly, just look in Downloads > Hobbies > Knowledge.

I did that, but those other books have way more options like all the study skills options. I just want the option Read ...(name of book) in the pie menu. That's why I chose those Harry Potter books. I don't know how to remove an option correctly from a pie menu.
So can someone fix the recolor problem or shall I just keep on cloning it and make a collectionfile?

The uploadmanager asked me the question to recolor it, so I really need to know.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1090 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:07 PM
lientebollemeis - No, no one is going to fix it for you. I've given you two links to help you to fix it and there should be no reason why it cannot be made recolorable.
Top Secret Researcher
#1091 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:22 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 26th Aug 2010 at 3:40 PM.
Yeah, I saw that, but do I have to follow the tutorial completely as I only want to make it recolorable?
I consider I don't need to add a subset.
I'm sorry to bother you that much with it. I'm really new at this so I know nothing about those things.

I guess I just need to follow step 5 then?
I'll try that out now.

Edit: I followed it from step 5 onwards. Editing in SimPE was no problem. The book shows up in my game, but the recolor did not.
So it didn't work. I followed the tutorial (from step 5 and onwards) exactly.

Like Mustluvcatz already mentioned there are two MMAT's and I don't really know what to do with them as there are two.

Any suggestions?

Test Subject
#1092 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:58 PM
Please someone help me, my recolor only appears in the game
if I remove the original file (a custom bed).
I have already changed the name of my recolor,but not resolved.
Top Secret Researcher
#1093 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:14 PM
Are you sure it's a recolor? Is is not the same object with the same GUID, but a different color?

Test Subject
#1094 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:08 PM
Could you explain this? maybe I've done this. Only clothes recolor. I never recolor object, How do I solve this?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1095 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:32 PM
Test Subject
#1096 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:06 PM
when I use the workshop nothing appears in the game, but when I open the custom bed file with the SimPE, I export the texture, modify and import again
change the color of the bed, but I have to move the original file.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1097 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:37 AM
wannya, it sounds like you're cloning the bed instead of recoloring it. When you open it in SimPE, you have a choice of "clone" or "recolor". Since you don't want to change the mesh at all, only it's color, you need to choose "recolor".
Test Subject
#1098 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:05 AM
when I use the workshop I puting the recolor option and nothing appears in the game.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#1099 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:13 AM
So, you're clicking "Open" (below Start- NOT File>Open on the toolbar), browsing to and clicking on the bed package, clicking "recolor" and renaming it, then recoloring it and it's NOT showing up in game doing that. Which bed are you trying to recolor?
Test Subject
#1100 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:28 AM Last edited by wannya : 28th Aug 2010 at 12:33 AM.
I did how this in picture and did not show anything in the game.
The bed and Lizz lovebed, I want to colorize a black wooden bed and other reddish
Screenshots
Page 44 of 47