Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:07 PM
Default teenage tips to solving first world problems
Look spotty in your selfie?

Gurrl (or guy) you better turn down yo' saturation asap!

I'm a guy, and since it is culturally unacceptable for me to wear concealer, I don't have acne, so antibiotics don't work, I have a somewhat spotty face. I also, like everyone of our age group, loves to take selfies. I also prefer not to look like I have a mild form of chicken pox or the plague.

My solution, on INSTAGRAM for Android and iPhone, turn down saturation, while turning up warmth. You'll have colour to your face, while looking less spotty!

Now to you, do you have any life hacks to solving your own Teenage First World Problems that are vaguely worth sharing? If so, the reply box is below

Just Call me Square!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:14 PM
Making sure I wash my face before I go to bed and first thing in the morning with a hot flannel has helped keep me relatively spot-free so far throughout my teenage years. *fingers crossed*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:17 AM
I do that first thing in the morning, but not the evening.

I also found using facial scrubs actually made it worse. When I stopped using them my face eased up, and while it isn't as great as it was straight afterwards anymore it's still better than it was.

Just Call me Square!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
My solution to everything is to procrastinate about everything and say "I'll do it later"

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:30 PM
My solution is Photoshop to make photo's look good. As a digital Artist (amateur) I find that much easier than having to apply loads of make-up to hide my Monday morning look. It's not like I make huge changes or anything. Just to get rid of those spots and pimples.

As for other things... Well, yeah. I guess as stated above, procrastination.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 2:40 PM
I tried turning the warmth up and the saturation down and my acne is still showing. I tried blemish remover but that only makes the photo look blurry, do you have more tips?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:01 PM
If you skip washing your face for a night, I find it actually can help, because you're not bombarding your skin with products and removing it's natural oils every day and night.

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 8:13 PM
If you have a fringe, PIN THAT SPOT-CREATOR BACK AT NIGHT. I forgot to do it for one night and am now battling an army of spots that refuse to go away.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:06 PM
More for spots: use germaline or Dettol as a face cream and/or toothpaste as a facemask.
Saving money: look for expensive things (or video games) second-hand: I picked up a £40 designer shop - still completely new and with tags - for £7 in a charity shop. Bargain!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:45 PM
If you can, use a foaming face wash and a toner, and then moisturize. Tea tree oil also helps make spots go away.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 5:06 PM
First world problem: Opening a bag of chips and all the flavouring is at the bottom "OHHHHHH NOOOOOOO THE WORLD'S GONNA END!!!!"
Solution: ...Open if from the bottom...........