Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
Default How to get a beautiful vista?
Does anyone know of a way to force a lot to have the "beautiful vista" buff? Is there a cheat code, or can it be done by editing something outside the game?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM.
Well, since no one has answered, I'm going to give you my thoughts, for whatever they're worth:

I believe that the "beautiful vista" is a hidden object, similar to the fish spawners. Until we find a way to unhide it in the build or buy menu, you could try this test:

- Package a lot with a beautiful vista.
- Place the packaged lot somewhere else in the neighborhood that isn't beautiful.
- See whether your sims get the buff.

I've been working on the Wolff residence; I deleted the entire lot and am rebuilding from scratch. Now you have me wondering whether the game deletes the beautiful vista when the building is deleted...

ETA: Yes, it looks like the game deletes the beautiful vista when you ask it to delete all of the objects on the lot. Sigh.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:14 AM
Hm, well, if it's a game object, it should be discovered pretty soon. Thanks for the info!
Inventor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:40 AM
I didn't notice mine having it until I put curtains and pictures up. I had only put I style of curtain up but several pics.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
Romagi, I think you're thinking of "well-decorated", not "beautiful vista".
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
This is what I found so far...
If your sim is near the beach, then he/she will have "beautiful vista".
Site Helper
#7 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:13 AM
That's because EA marked those lots with that attribute. When I had the game delete the building and built my own lot next to the beach, the "beautiful vista" attribute was deleted along with the building, so my sims have no way to know that they are living in a beautiful place.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
Now that sucks. Feels like bribery to play the EA lots. What about the empty lots high on the cliffs? Do they lose the "beautiful vista" buff if you build on it?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Site Helper
#9 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 20th Jun 2009 at 4:37 PM.
That depends upon *how* you build on them. If you use the neighborhood option to delete the building, then it seems to delete the beautiful vista controller. However, if you just modify the existing lot, then the controller is still there. If you download a lot and place it, then it should depend upon whether the beautiful vista object was packaged with the lot.

Note that I haven't actually managed to find, pick up, or spawn this controller, so I'm still guessing about the implementation based on its behavior.
Inventor
#10 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:32 PM
I built a house on Sun Song I think. One of the empty lots and it has the vista. It is across the road from the beach.
Site Helper
#11 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:39 PM
Yes, I imagine that the controller has been pre-placed on the empty beach lots. The question is: if you move that lot to a non-beach location, will it still have the beautiful vista?
Inventor
#12 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
I will go try.

Nope - moved the lot - lost vista.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:52 PM
I placed a downloaded lot on the empty lot at 9 Sun Song Road, that is where the creator built that lot and no "beautiful vista" buff came up for my sim. Maybe I will open a new hood and build on that lot, see if the vista buff comes up. Darn EA, makes everything hard for simmers, nor do they want to listen to us either.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:50 AM
The "Beautiful Vista" Moodlet comes with specific lots, I only know two.
One in Sunset Valley: 15 Summer Hill Court
One in Riverview: 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive
Site Helper
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
If EA doesn't package the beautiful vista with the lot, I'm going to be really disappointed. This game just seems so unfinished.

From the posts in the thread, it would appear that:
- beautiful vista isn't associated with the location in the neighborhood
- the game will delete the beautiful vista when the lot is deleted or replaced
- beautiful vista isn't packaged with the lot
- beautiful vista cannot be added to a lot

If we're lucky, perhaps we'll get something that actually works when EA finally releases their neighborhood editing tool.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
i made one, i put alot of plant/garden stuff, lights outside, lots of decor inside. It's pretty much just making it look amazing, and i think you also need to have landscaping, probably more than one hill. hope i helped.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sodasippa
The "Beautiful Vista" Moodlet comes with specific lots, I only know two.
One in Sunset Valley: 15 Summer Hill Court
One in Riverview: 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive

There are a few in Sunset Valley, I haven't played Riverview yet. An empty lot can be a "beautiful vista", so long as the controller is there. Sunset Valley has a couple empty lots that have beautiful vista. If you build on one of those lots and then move the house or upload it, the perk is gone.

I haven't been bulldozing lots that have this perk, I go through them with the sledgehammer tool, which is annoying but it keeps the perk.
Site Helper
#18 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morganrae93
i made one, i put alot of plant/garden stuff, lights outside, lots of decor inside. It's pretty much just making it look amazing, and i think you also need to have landscaping, probably more than one hill. hope i helped.
You misunderstand. We are discussing the "Beautiful Vista" buff, not the "Nicely Decorated" buff, which you get by decorating the house.

Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
There are a few in Sunset Valley, I haven't played Riverview yet. An empty lot can be a "beautiful vista", so long as the controller is there. Sunset Valley has a couple empty lots that have beautiful vista.
EA seems to have a prejudice for oceans and a prejudice against mountains. I think that the lot next to the waterfall is quite beautiful, but it gets no buff. Most of the lots next to the ocean have the buff; along with the two expensive lots on the hill (Landgraab and A...?).
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
EA seems to have a prejudice for oceans and a prejudice against mountains. I think that the lot next to the waterfall is quite beautiful, but it gets no buff. Most of the lots next to the ocean have the buff; along with the two expensive lots on the hill (Landgraab and A...?).

That is disappointing, I haven't tried building there yet but that's where my next house was going to go, I agree it is beautiful, and should get the buff.

I have also noticed that the number of windows in a room, and possibly the size of the room compared to the number of windows, may have an impact on whether your sim gets the perk or not while on a lot that has "beautiful vista".
Site Helper
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:28 AM
I always check for the buff while they are outside; I've been assuming that it will always show up when they're outdoors, if the buff exists.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:26 AM
If having lots of big windows will give the buff, my sim lot should have it. But they don't.

Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
I built a home far away from the beach and still got beautiful vista. Mine is closer to a graveyard, but I built a victorian mansion;large rooms, lots of windows, stuff like that and I got the buff.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I always check for the buff while they are outside; I've been assuming that it will always show up when they're outdoors, if the buff exists.

As far as I've seen, it does. It also shows up inside if there are windows in the room, and the lot is a "beautiful vista", though I haven't tested how many windows are required for the buff to work inside.

Do you know how one would go about finding the controller/object for this? I'm not much of a modder and have done nothing with Sims 3, but I'm willing to try. If I've built and placed a lot to have a beautiful view, it drives me crazy for that lot not to have the "beautiful vista" buff.

By the way, to clarify for others: "beautiful vista" has absolutely nothing to do with what the house looks like. You can have teeny, undecorated rooms, or even no rooms, no lights, no decor, nada, and you will get the buff if the correct, hidden object is on the lot. We're trying to figure out how to unhide this object or otherwise cheat it onto a lot.
Site Helper
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM.
You can even get the buff on a completely empty lot; however, it seems that a lot of people are confusing the beautiful vista with the various "decorated" buffs.

There is a similar thread on MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15279.0.html

In it, Inge Jones says that she believes that the beautiful vista is not a hidden object, like the fish spawners, but instead is a flag:
Quote: Originally posted by Inge
I have tried very hard, and we also tried to find references to it hidden in the scripts with no luck yet. My thoughts are that it's a flag rather than a hidden object, as the lot contents of one I know to have a BV do not include any object that looks like it's a BV indicator.
If so, it will be much more difficult to find, since it could be as simple as 1 bit changed from 0 to 1 in the neighborhood save file. Note that Inge is the person who wrote the mod to make the TS2 (hidden object) portals visible, movable and buyable, so she is well qualified.

If I were trying to find this in the neighborhood save, I would start by checking out the wiki:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ims_3:Main_Page

Specifically, I'd be looking for the record which defines the lot within the neighborhood:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...PackedFileTypes

Possibly:
0x04A09283 (currently no additional information) or
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ms_3:0xD063545B

Then, you need to try to find the exact bit, byte, word, dword, ... which is always one value when the lot has a beautiful vista and a different value when the lot does not have the buff.

This is a good site for tools and questions about file formats:
http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
It's even more strange that BV gets deleted so readily if it's a flag, though. Why would the game be coded to reset lots like that? EA makes the wrong choice all the time, but it seems that this particular wrong choice would be more work for them, and they're lazy.
Page 1 of 4