Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 9:26 PM
Default Need Help With Blender For Mesh
I've been trying to make merfolk for the Sims 3, but I just don't know how to connect the legs together. I have experience with my shirts but I just need help connecting both legs into each other. Please help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:41 AM
I assume it's going to be a clothing mesh, where the "tail" will be replaced with the bottom mesh of the clothing?

If so, you will have to animate the tail using only the bones of one leg. You don't need to "connect" them.

Because that way when the Sim moves the tail will be affected only by the movement of one leg.
Unfortunately this will not make a smooth animation, because it will move only when one leg has movement.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJS
I assume it's going to be a clothing mesh, where the "tail" will be replaced with the bottom mesh of the clothing?

If so, you will have to animate the tail using only the bones of one leg. You don't need to "connect" them.

Because that way when the Sim moves the tail will be affected only by the movement of one leg.
Unfortunately this will not make a smooth animation, because it will move only when one leg has movement.

Thanks!