Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 12:44 PM
Default Help with UV mapping in blender
I've made a pretty nice hair mesh,and I wanted to texture it nicely, however, being a comolete newbie on blender, I found the task quite challenging, and I hit some problems.

1. I marked the seams, and pressed 'U' in Edit mode, and selected 'Follow active (quads)' so I'd get a straight UV map (like the one you would get when you uv map a piece of unmodified plane in milkshape3d). But when I select it, blender gives me an error message 'Error:active faces not selected'. I honestly have no idea what this means. I selected the whole group by pressing 'a' before I started uv mapping.

2. When I somehow managed to map the thing (I don't know how I did it, I just did what I did on number 1), I realized that only the quads are mapped on the UV map. The triangles are not appearing on the map at all!

I really hope somone could help me....

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 5:18 PM
yes the thread is "old" but I face the same difficulties. don't know at all how to map with blender - i.e. I did manage to map an object in blender as the "blender: noob to pro" guide explains it, but it's still in question how to make it work for sims3 cc..

a hint would be nice, someone has to know how to do it, so please tell us thanks VERY much.