Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets
Default "*Talk" in pie menu for sims
I'm guessing this has something to do with testingCheatsEnabled. x.o; I went to a community lot with it enabled, came back, disabled it, and now "*Talk" is in the normal pie menu for Sim-Sim interactions. If I click it, I get "Cory's Group Talk". I quit and reloaded the game, and the option is still there, even for the new baby my sims just adopted. It's not really affecting gameplay, it's just a little annoying. ^^; Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:25 PM
Try using the lot debugger to force errors on offworld objects; be sure to follow the instructions carefully and also definitely backup your game before using this!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 9:16 PM
You must have spawned the Memory Manager test object when you had testingcheats enabled, since the only time that the "Cory's Group Talk" option appears is when the game finds an instance of the Memory Manager on the lot. The problem with the Memory Manager is that it exists off world and therefore is invisible and can't be clicked on or deleted in Buy Mode. Don't worry though I have a fix for the problem which will be quicker and easier than the lot debugger, just download the zip file I have attached and extract the package file it contains to your downloads folder, start your game and go to the lot where the problem is occuring and see if the option still appears, make sure to unpause the game first, if it no longer appears as an option then you can save your lot. You can now remove the Cory's Group Talk Fix.package file from your downloads folder.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cory's Group Talk Fix.zip (235 Bytes, 30 downloads) - View custom content