Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 8:09 PM
Default Revival of the Monthly Themes
We've decided to dig up a golden oldie and reintroduce to you the monthly themes! Get inspired by the chosen theme to build a house, make some new clothing, recolor a rug or maybe even a mod. Anything goes! This is not a contest, entries are not judged, everyone's a winner and you can post as many uploads as you like! A shiny new achievement sticker will be waiting for you when you've uploaded your entry.

March Theme - A Day at the Beach
Think sea, sundresses, sand, seagulls and shorelines!

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes! As long as it's somewhat related to the theme, sadly Santa and Rudolph won't get you a sticker.
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before March 31 will receive an achievement sticker. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating
  • Tag your upload with this tag: themebeach. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.
18 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:32 PM
Ooh I'd best get creating then

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:43 AM
Amazing.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 2:19 AM
Beach... hmmm... I haven't uploaded a beach lot yet! /me once again abandons all projects except almost-complete current project and runs off to start working on the most expensive (duh, me) beach lot ever...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 2:40 PM
Do We have to use CAW to make the lot?

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Link Ninja
#6 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 5:50 PM
i have just the thing for this :D

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
Do We have to use CAW to make the lot?

No, you can just build and share lots the regular way
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:37 AM
I'm so excited! :lovestruc Maybe this will get me out of my creator funk, and it'll be something fun to do.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 3:51 PM
I have just the thing for Sims 4,, (cackles rubs hands together, and grins evilly)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:37 PM
I'm assuming this is open to ALL the various sims games (1,2,3,4 & life stories)?

I'm really glad that y'all chose to bring themes back! Thanks!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:44 PM Last edited by porkypine : 5th Mar 2015 at 4:44 AM.
Uh-oh.... Do I put my current project on hold for this one? Or do I finish that quickly and get busy on this one? Decisions! Decisions! lol

edit: Yea! I finished my fingerpainting and it's upoaded!

Is it good enough? Will it be approved or rejected!?! :D

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 4:24 PM
Yes, yes, make pretty lots for Sunlit Tides.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
I'm assuming this is open to ALL the various sims games (1,2,3,4 & life stories)?

I'm really glad that y'all chose to bring themes back! Thanks!

I'm sorry, this is only for the games we have an upload area for, so 2, 3 and 4.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:38 AM
Do uploads need to go to the queue? Just wondering if I queue jump like I do now, will it get missed?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:48 AM
No, you can still use your queue bypass Bypass uploads are all checked by moderators anyway, so it's unlikely it will get missed. If you haven't received your sticker within a couple of days feel free to poke me here or send me a PM

In other news: we have handed out the first stickers as the entries keep coming in! Go check them out :D
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 3:18 PM
I don't think I have ever created a beach lot - because for some reason my hoods are usually either rural or suburbs - but I guess this could be a great incentive to try something completely new for once.
Not sure I'll manage to upload it in time but simply trying to build it will surely be cool.
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:12 AM
is this okay ? or not ? I'll use isla paradiso.. ^O^
goodluck ~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:18 AM
Also is a house boat for Sims 2 allowed? It's not an actual beach lot although you place it on a beach road. Probably should have asked that before I started building, but I'll upload it regardless. Would be nice to get a participation sticker for it though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:49 AM
this will be fun I'm in.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also is a house boat for Sims 2 allowed? It's not an actual beach lot although you place it on a beach road. Probably should have asked that before I started building, but I'll upload it regardless. Would be nice to get a participation sticker for it though.

That sounds fine We have a very broad definition of 'beach'
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:35 AM
Hmm...I guess I better get building...I have just the lot in mind...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 9:39 AM
Mine's uploaded.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 6:41 PM
Ugh, I just uploaded and forgot to tag it, hahaha
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:00 AM
You can edit it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 12:21 AM
Mine's up! Are the pretty stickers being handed out yet? I wanna see the pretty!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Page 1 of 2