Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 12:08 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?dkvloef4f8vf5np

No problem, I'm just working on a few things that don't require removing vertexes at the moment. I look forward to seeing all this up and running smoothly, though.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
TableType: 3

Forgot wat tabletype is....

I'm not sure I know what it is used for. But it appears in the GEOM and the comment is how it gets set to be the same value as was in the original GEOM.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#53 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spatulageekgirl
I see. I was wondering what was going on there.

Weird, though. Cause I just got morph matcher to work on a top with removed vertexes. In won't import back into workshop, though. Any clue why? Workshop's saying it can't locate the fat blending data. Is the morph mesh in the wrong format or something?

I'll upload both for you. Do you want them in .ms3d?

I took a look - exported both as TSRW Object and the meshes import fine into TSRW. I suspect there will be problems, though, because of the bones incompatibility, unless TSRW fixes that automatically.

So I'm not sure what the problem is - with the trousers, if you added or removed vertices the original morphs should not have imported into Milkshape over the edited base mesh. BTW, with the skirt WSO you had earlier that went all wonky with Updater, there was something strange going on with the vertex ID numbering. When I renumbered the meshes before using Updater it worked fine except for the normals issues I'm still working on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 2:02 AM
Look! I made a thing! An amazing morphing thing!
Well, really, it doesn't look like much, but I'm proud of it. I just need to work on the texture a bit more and find the bump-map to fix.

I didn't delete any vertexes from the trouser mesh, just paying around, trying to get them to fit into the supervillain boots. Which skirt is it your talking about? Is it the dress I posted on page 1, where it looks like a freeze-frame of a sim-shaped water balloon bursting?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:10 PM
Looks very nice! The skirt I was talking about was the one that looked like you had pulled a short skirt up so it was around the hips.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 9:05 PM Last edited by spatulageekgirl : 4th Aug 2011 at 1:21 AM.
Thanks, it's looking even better now I've improved the uv mapping and added the bump-map.

As for the skirt you're talking about, I don't think that was me. I haven't been doing anything with short skirts.

Edit: Oh, did you say you got the sleeveless top I edited to import into workshop properly? How did you do it? If we can figure that out, I think most of my problems will be solved. It all more or less stems from the store items' incompatibility with tsrw (probably intentional on EA's part).
Sockpuppet
#57 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:31 AM
The easiest way would be to create the missing Bgeo files and add them to the Store outfit.
I think TSRW will be able to read them then?(maybe also update the Bblend)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:36 AM
Alrighty, how do I do that then? Am I basically converting the morphs files that come with the store outfits into a different format?

Oh, guess what, by putting packages in a directory named gamedata/shared/packages/ I got tsrw to think it was a stuff pack and show them for cloning. Might be a handy tip if anyone gets sick of using the import function.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#59 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spatulageekgirl
Thanks, it's looking even better now I've improved the uv mapping and added the bump-map.

As for the skirt you're talking about, I don't think that was me. I haven't been doing anything with short skirts.

Edit: Oh, did you say you got the sleeveless top I edited to import into workshop properly? How did you do it? If we can figure that out, I think most of my problems will be solved. It all more or less stems from the store items' incompatibility with tsrw (probably intentional on EA's part).

Sorry, mixed you up with someone else!

For the sleeveless top, all I did was export it from Milkshape to WSO with the TSRW exporter. Are you using the latest version of TSRW and the Milkshape plugins?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:23 PM Last edited by spatulageekgirl : 4th Aug 2011 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Sorry, mixed you up with someone else!

For the sleeveless top, all I did was export it from Milkshape to WSO with the TSRW exporter. Are you using the latest version of TSRW and the Milkshape plugins?

That's okay, no worries.

Pretty positive. Just downloaded the newest version of workshop a couple of days ago, and, of course, I've got the WSO plugin. I keep getting the the error that it can't find the fat blending data. I'll try a couple more times. If all else fails, I suppose you could send me the .wrk file. Are you sure the morphs are working for it?

Edit: YES! I fixed it. The problem was in the project file, not the mesh. I started a new project with one of the base game meshes and imported the WSO into that and it works! I'll finish it up and test in game to see if the skeleton is going to be an issue.
Sockpuppet
#61 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:24 PM
Thats why i suspect adding the Bblend and Bgeo files will fix the issue.
You need Cmar's Body morphmaker for it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 4:59 PM
LOOKIE!
I've finished the first texture. I'm going to do two more, then I might upload it (depending on the results, I'll see how I feel about it once they're all done).
Forum Resident
#63 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 5:14 PM
This looks amazing! I would definitely download it if you do upload it.
I love the look of it overall and the last picture you posted gives it that vintage feel.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 6:34 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! As long as someone wants it, I'll upload it. Will try to solider through and get the next two done asap.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 11:01 PM
Done.

I posted them on GOS because it's a bit more low-key.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=23914.0
Field Researcher
#66 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Do a test first because in the past it wasn't possible to export a GEOM with S3PE or Postal and use that GEOM in TSRW.(after converted with Milkshape)
Wes his plugin and TSRW's plugin use a diffrent joint order.
I included a ms3d file that lets you convert both formats
You open the file first, then import a GEOM
I renamed the joints on the skeleton
You then can export the file as WSO(TSRW) file

http://www.2shared.com/file/3edP1pi...l?cau2=403tNull

I got linked directly to this post and can't read the original thread or any comments made to it. If these questions are redundant -- sorry!
So I should open this MS3D file and import a geom. Is there anything else I need to do to copy the new skeleton? It sounds like all I have to do from this point is rename the geom to group_base and add the morph meshgroups, then export as a wso. Does that cover it?
Sockpuppet
#67 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:09 AM
yup, i renamed all the joints to the ones that the WSO exporter uses
rename the file and export
Page 3 of 3