Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 23
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giakou
I have a slight problem with this mod right now. I can only see some of the traits in the menu, the rest have a lama-symbol and no text so I don't know what traits they are. I can see like one out of ten traits and the rest I can't...

Some of the traits showed up in the menu are hidden game traits which don't have trait symbols. They aren't CAS personality traits which means you can ignore them.
Test Subject
#152 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023

5th Dec 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giakou
I have a slight problem with this mod right now. I can only see some of the traits in the menu, the rest have a lama-symbol and no text so I don't know what traits they are. I can see like one out of ten traits and the rest I can't...

Some of the traits showed up in the menu are hidden game traits which don't have trait symbols. They aren't CAS personality traits which means you can ignore them.

i can't add the "original traits" from CAS, only hidden in game traits and the one's you can buy with points....
even the cheats don't do it
what do i do?
yes i have both packages...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#153 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyneo
i can't add the "original traits" from CAS, only hidden in game traits and the one's you can buy with points....
even the cheats don't do it
what do i do?
yes i have both packages...

Hi. Could you tell me which version do you use so I can check it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:20 PM
you are a life saver thank you sooo much!!!
Test Subject
#155 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 5:26 AM
I don't own C&D Pack. I've planned to buy it on sale. I couldn't test it in game but from what I saw in XML files I believe there isn't limitation of pet traits' number in gameplay. It just prevents you to add more than 3 traits in CAS or conflicting traits. I don't see anyone use traits.equip_trait for pet traits though because you cannot control the pet directly. Correct me if I'm wrong

Using the controllable pets mod, I selected a dog and tried to add an extra trait (in addition to the existing 3), both using the menu and cheat codes. No luck. In the menu, the other dog traits didn't even show up when I clicked Add Trait. I was able to remove a trait and then add one back using the menu (and then all the remaining dog traits were listed), so it appears that cats and dogs are indeed limited to 3.
Test Subject
#156 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:47 AM
Hi. Could you tell me which version do you use so I can check it?

I am having the same problem as well and I am using the one ending 14 LifeLong Learner.rar. Please help!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:09 AM
Thanks Chingyu1023, I used to use Embyr311's version... I'm very grateful to you for taking over and improving this project and ensuring it continues to function!
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:09 PM
When I go to add Lifestyle traits I notice it will only allow me to add two and then they disappear from options as if they are suddenly incompatible with the two traits I added before. Like My Snape is a Slytherin and a Deatheater, but now I cannot say he is ambitious and hates children. lol Is it possible for this to be corrected? It's behaving like I am trying to add a Good and Evil or a Hates Children and Family Oriented trait to the same sim. I can understand some traits vanishing or dimming and being un-selectable, but for all of them to go away just makes me a bit sad.
THANKS POST
#159 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:23 AM
I love this mod! Finally there's more traits in the sims 4!
Test Subject
#160 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:36 PM
Hi, what do I do once I have downloaded it, I downloaded your updated CAS Menu one, it doesn't show up at the start loading screen popup.
Test Subject
#161 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:52 PM
Sorry, it works, but I cant find traits like Neat
Test Subject
#162 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:20 AM Last edited by IsaRissa : 15th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM.
i think the recent update broke the mod. If you already had the mod before the update you could add and delete traits but if you updated your game you can no longer add or remove traits but those traits that were already created for your sims before updating are still there. Also the option for the menu no longer shows when you click on a sim to make changes to the traits.
Test Subject
#163 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:36 AM
I don't know why, but it stopped work for me

When I open menu for traits, there are only thaits for rewards
And I can't add any by code too
Test Subject
#164 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:59 PM
It doesn't work for me since the update either. My sims can't have anything more than 3 CAS traits, aside from reward traits.
Instructor
#165 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:42 AM
So I'm alittle unsure about the download for this, do I need the original mod + your update or do I just download your update?
Test Subject
#166 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:46 AM
Assuming this is broken after the latest patches/updates?

I have MTS_chingyu1023_1730899_chingyu1023_MoreTraitsModUpdatedforCDpatchversion10 and MTS_chingyu1023_1731041_AddTraitsInRegularMenuMod installed and I am unable to add more traits.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#167 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:26 PM
Hi. I was handling my family member mental illnesses' problem. Also facing the financial risk of my family, study and art creation. Gonna look into the mod and the latest patches in this weekend. My family and financial crisis hasn't solved yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
#168 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:39 AM
Hi. I was handling my family member mental illnesses' problem. Also facing the financial risk of my family, study and art creation. Gonna look into the mod and the latest patches in this weekend. My family and financial crisis hasn't solved yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for considering checking the mod. Hope your family will be fine!
Test Subject
#169 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:14 AM
Hi. I was handling my family member mental illnesses' problem. Also facing the financial risk of my family, study and art creation. Gonna look into the mod and the latest patches in this weekend. My family and financial crisis haven't solved yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am sorry to hear all these troubles. I hope that everything will calm down. Good luck with everything falling on your shoulders. I am grateful you will try an look into it.
Test Subject
#170 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:22 PM
Hello! Does anyone have the older ver. of this mod, the one that work with 1.33?
Test Subject
#171 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
Does this mod work with game version 1.38.49.1020???
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:18 AM
Is there a way to use this without every generated sims getting all these horrible traits? I would rather npcs not get extra traits at all
Test Subject
#173 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:52 PM
does this work anymore? I need help and having problems! I have it in my mods but when I go to create a sim for the traits, still only 3 can be selected!
Help?!
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arwenathena
does this work anymore? I need help and having problems! I have it in my mods but when I go to create a sim for the traits, still only 3 can be selected!
Help?!

You have to use a cheat code or UI Cheats to add the extra traits after creation
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:35 AM
Would it be possible to fix this mod so that you are able to add traits without other traits disappearing and being ineluctable in the Add Trait menu? For example...I make a sim Neat and Family Oriented and then suddenly a huge chunk of traits go missing from the list and I cannot also make my sim an Ambitious/Animal Lover/Argumentative/Appraiser/Author/Authoritarian...etc.

If this can be fixed, that'd be AMAZING!!!
Page 7 of 23