Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2551 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 4:26 AM
"Um, well...you tried?"

Seriously, she was in bed. Then she got out of it, yelled at me about how exhausted she was, and collapsed on the floor.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2552 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:40 PM
Not while playing, but definitely caused by sims. The scene: Husband, a sysadmin, is playing Clash of Clans on an emulator on his desktop, while the three-year-old and six-year-old use him as a jungle gym. He's showing me how the game works, and suggesting I might enjoy and be good at it, and do I want to put the android emulator on my desktop?

Me: Honey, I have only eighteen gigabytes left free on my hard drive. I don't have room.
Husband: What! You have a five-hundred gig hard drive!
Me: Three-hundred, actually.
Husband: What did you put on there!
Me: Well, it's probably mostly sims custom content, because it's an old game, and websites go down, so it's important to horde content to help other people out if they have a computer crash or just discovered the game.
Husband: That makes sense. You need a bigger hard drive.
Me: Actually, I was wondering if we could just take a hard drive out of one of those old computers in our bedroom* and put it in my computer as a secondary. I don't need the zipped custom content on my main drive, after all.
Husband: Yes, we can do that. It'll be cheaper, anyway! So do you share content through EA's website?
Me: No . . . we have fan sites for that. EA doesn't maintain theirs anymore.
Husband: Oh. That makes sense. It is an old game.

*Sysadmin=hordes whole computers. Six XP and newer Windows boxes are sitting, I kid you not, on our bedroom floor. At least the 3.11, 95, 98, and Apple IIe made it to the storage unit!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#2553 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
I spend more time downloading stuff for this game than playing it...

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Field Researcher
#2554 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:29 PM
When the characters show "multitasking" or emotion, although this should be the props of only the Sims 4...

"Sims 2, stop beating Sims 4! )))"

Because in the Sims 2 characters also show "multitasking" and the emotions of the characters are shown better, and one of the reasons why is so is the absence of the moodlets.
Mad Poster
#2555 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 10:01 PM
"I'm supposed to be sweeping right now."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#2556 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:25 PM
If Paul becomes old in two rounds and still need 11 lovers before he die and marry 1 person and move to another lot... would I be able to do that even before he dies? I heard it is dangerous to move sims back to the bin to move them over to another ground
I should also create that subhood i have been wanting to create
Maybe I should stop playing before I exhaust my brain

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2557 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:03 AM
Yes, you would. It's not a bad thing to move a sim to the family bin. What's bad is to move the house with the sims in it to the lot bin, which removes them from the neighborhood, breaks their character data, and generally messes things up.

Elders can do nearly everything adult sims can do, so there's no reason he can't get those last 11 lovers and marry and even father a child in the time that's left to him. If you have reason to fear he won't last the course you have a number of options open to you. He can drink Elixir of Life, the aspiration reward, any time he's in gold or platinum aspiration (which should be easy with all that dating he still has to do). You could turn aging off on his home lot. You can have him gain lovers when he's not playable, by having playable sims go after him. And that's not even using mods!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2558 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:09 AM
"Oops. That is why you don't play Sims 2 when you feel like crap."

Flamenco Caliente and Nighat Al Mahmoud graduated from college. I had meant to move them in with Nighat's parents after they graduated, but today I have been getting over a stomach bug and accidentally moved them into their own house instead of moving them in with her parents.

Nighat is an only child, and I usually tend to try to move them in with their parents after graduation. I forgot today in my haze of feeling like crap.
Forum Resident
#2559 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, you would. It's not a bad thing to move a sim to the family bin. What's bad is to move the house with the sims in it to the lot bin, which removes them from the neighborhood, breaks their character data, and generally messes things up.

Elders can do nearly everything adult sims can do, so there's no reason he can't get those last 11 lovers and marry and even father a child in the time that's left to him. If you have reason to fear he won't last the course you have a number of options open to you. He can drink Elixir of Life, the aspiration reward, any time he's in gold or platinum aspiration (which should be easy with all that dating he still has to do). You could turn aging off on his home lot. You can have him gain lovers when he's not playable, by having playable sims go after him. And that's not even using mods!

I know what to do don’t worry
It was more that i’m Sitting and planning and it cooks my brain

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2560 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:11 AM
"Why would you want to do an assignment? You need a cleaning skill point before there would be any point in you doing an assignment."
Forum Resident
#2561 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:52 AM
//Should I really be sitting and playing sims in my classes//
(Religion is just boring as hell, so I might as well be playing sims)

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#2562 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:52 PM
"I think you're jumpin' the gun a little, Emil."
He had rolled one want for a relative to get married and one for a relative to get joined. I thought it was a bit early to think about his youngest son Michael getting joined, seeing as he was still a teenager. (His other two sons are both engaged to women, but Michael's got a steady boyfriend.) I realized later that he was probably thinking of his niece Ingrid, who's nearly a senior in uni.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#2563 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:41 PM
"Looks like someone is going to need to cook soon."

In Victor Goth's household there are 7 Sims: Victor, Gretle, Frida, Caelum, Aaron, and the two toddlers. The adults and child age son have gone through all the left overs in the fridge, so next time someone that can cook is going to need to since all the leftovers are gone.
Mad Poster
#2564 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:48 PM
Or they can live on cereal
Mad Poster
#2565 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:17 PM
I find it easier to do left overs, especially for the big households.

"Oops, I suppose that had to happen sometime."

Simon Crumplebottom has max cooking skill from his job as a Scientist and a gold gardening badge. So the food he makes tends to be extra filling. Erik didn't stop eating the left over hot dogs after his hunger filled, and he became fat. I was talking about the high cooking skill/sparkly food combination making someone fat.
Mad Poster
#2566 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:21 PM
For big families, sometimes I have a Sim make several group meals - or they can just buy some cakes and such from the Jacquet's bakery if they're lazy - and then stuff them in the fridge as individual leftovers (with the Simply Leftovers mod).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2567 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:25 AM
Save up to buy a toy stove and teach the child at least 3 cooking points to make sure the muffins don't burn. Baking muffins in the stove costs no money and uses up no food points. The kid can make as many muffins as needed to feed the family.
Lab Assistant
#2568 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:11 AM
"Yeah. You're definitely not a knowledge sim. Idiot." - said when my sim caught on fire during a thunderstorm because he decided to stand outside. In the rain. During a thunderstorm. Under a freaking tree.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Scholar
#2569 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:25 AM
"Well, that was a stupid thing to do." Peter Ottomas gave Tommy a bottle, and as soon as he'd finished it, picked him up, shook him upside down, then threw him in the air, with predictable results.

Ten Sim minutes later: "Again?"

And a few Sim minutes after that: "Peter, you might enjoy being covered in vomit, but I don't think you're going to get that woo-hoo with Samantha."
Scholar
#2570 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:22 AM
"olive you can be nice to people you do know? i mean without eventually killing them."

when olive specter is enemies with about nearly half of the megahood before i've gotten to her house

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#2571 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:58 AM
“So... how did I end up making whole Pleasantview into a modern countryside?”
//me realizing I have spent a whole day rebuilding Pleasantview.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#2572 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:28 AM
"Er, um, get out of there now." When I noticed a just-turned-teenager girl sharing a hot tub with three older men.

Lab Assistant
#2573 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
I've had to yell at my Sims to "stop having sex" more often than I can count.

I love ACR, don't get me wrong, but sometimes they seem a little too WooHoo-crazed. I could change the settings but I find it pretty amusing, honestly.
Mad Poster
#2574 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:27 AM
"Oh boy, it's one of those days, isn't it?"

Holly Wood glitched out somehow and won't stop bringing flowers after her dream date with Maribel Montes. She also brought a pinball machine and a fountain.

Mad Poster
#2575 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
"Oh boy, it's one of those days, isn't it?"

Holly Wood glitched out somehow and won't stop bringing flowers after her dream date with Maribel Montes. She also brought a pinball machine and a fountain.

Open a home business.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 103 of 167