Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1595
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 1052 times.
Search this Thread
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 4:44 AM DefaultError on load. Origin UC - GTX 1070 #1
x66x66
Original Poster

Test Subject

Hello. I have done just about everything I could find to fix this. Every time I load up my game, I get an error:

I have tried changing the config files and just about every potential fix I could find with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 8:40 AM #2
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
19 Achievements

If you are on windows 10, try to restart your pc (it should put dropped drivers back)
if you are not on Windows 10, try to repair the game in Origin.Make sure that the game works before changing the graphic rules for your screen card.
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 4:47 PM #3
x66x66
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
If you are on windows 10, try to restart your pc (it should put dropped drivers back)
if you are not on Windows 10, try to repair the game in Origin.Make sure that the game works before changing the graphic rules for your screen card.

I forgot to mention that yes, I am on Windows 10. No luck after restating my pc
Old 23rd Feb 2018, 8:05 AM #4
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
19 Achievements

Try to repair the game in Origin. (You will have to redo some things afterwards, but get it working first).
Old 23rd Feb 2018, 6:52 PM #5
x66x66
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Try to repair the game in Origin. (You will have to redo some things afterwards, but get it working first).

No luck. I'm going to try and contact EA to see if I can get any help.
Old 23rd Feb 2018, 8:20 PM #6
jezzfrompleasantview
Lab Assistant

I had the same problem http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602524
I can only tell you that origin/EA wasn't helping me at all. After repairing it 3 or 4 times (and deleting cache before and restarting the PC) it suddenly worked again. I know that's not really an answer but maybe that's just some type of "bug" from origin
Old 25th Feb 2018, 8:09 PM #7
x66x66
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzfrompleasantview
I had the same problem http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602524
I can only tell you that origin/EA wasn't helping me at all. After repairing it 3 or 4 times (and deleting cache before and restarting the PC) it suddenly worked again. I know that's not really an answer but maybe that's just some type of "bug" from origin

Huh, so eventually you stopped getting the Directx error? I hope I get as lucky. It runs fine on my older Windows 10 laptop, but it would be a hassle to bring it out every time I want to play Sims 2.
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 5:35 AM #8
x66x66
Original Poster

Test Subject

I contacted EA. Did a whole bunch of stuff.

Still get the error. Apparently it is flat out incompatible with Windows 10...?
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 10:59 AM #9
Justpetro
Mad Poster

19 Achievements

No it is not - see the article in my signature. I have played UC on Windows 10 for since 10 became available, I also played it on Windows 7 before.

Section jump: