Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2008 at 1:24 PM
Default Apartment Life & New Life stages
I desperately want young adult and middle age life stages in Coming EP Apartment Life. Sometimes before falling sleep, I even dream how it would be wonderful to have them..

Anyone with me??
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:06 PM
ME! I really want a middle age and pre-schooler age stages so bad.....
Instructor
#3 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:12 PM
New life stages would be cool, middle aged especially becuase the way they age from a 25 year old looking sim to a 65 year old one is just too irrealistic. But I higly doubt we will get any with the new EP. Maybe they could extend YA to non-student sims too, but I don't think they will. I really think they're keeping the new life stages for The Sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:13 PM
I'd want them to add a middle-age as well. That'd probably cut down the adult life stage--which is pretty long.

I'd like to see young adults outside of Uni as well. I wonder why EAxis kept young adults in Uni--they do know there are young adults that don't go to college, right?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th May 2008 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I'd want them to add a middle-age as well. That'd probably cut down the adult life stage--which is pretty long.

If EAxis were to introduce a middle-aged stage, I would rather see some of those days come off of the teen days. 14 teen days (for 7 RL years) compared to 29 adult days (for 20-30 "productive" adult years) is just bad math.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:23 PM
We're not going to see any new life stages this late in the game. A middle age one would be nice, but it just ain't gonna happen. Sims 3, maybe. Sims 2... nope.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
We're not going to see any new life stages this late in the game. A middle age one would be nice, but it just ain't gonna happen. Sims 3, maybe. Sims 2... nope.

I agree but I still want it and we can hope right?
#8 Old 14th May 2008 at 9:07 PM
what led anyone to believe that there would be new lifestages in this EP? from the sounds of it, it seemed like there was some real information. this is just speculation...

which makes sense because it would be poor business sense for them to change the game so drastically with the last EP.

Anyway, just for clarity, this isn't based on any info about the EP, right? just what people wish there was?
#9 Old 15th May 2008 at 1:47 AM
I don't think that the YA life stage will be put in this game, simply because they could get some more cash if they make you buy University (which has the YA life stage in it). Middle age would be cool, though. Then again, I also want a preteen stage.

Young Adults are improbable because of them already being included in an earlier expansion pack, and no life stages have been added since then if you exclude pets (Life stages: Puppy/Kitten, Adult, Elder).
Instructor
#10 Old 15th May 2008 at 3:00 AM
Eh, I don't expect new life stages now - I'm instead looking forward to them in TS3 I do wish for the Young adult stage to be accessible in AL tho... instead of just locking them into University, have them also available for like 7 days getting a head start in life, but at the bottom of the job chain and less "starting out" money (like 5,000 simoleons) so they pretty much have to get an apartment or a roommate :D
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:54 AM
No, unfortunately there's no info about new life stages coming in Apartment Life.
It's only me who wants them very much and telling that how wonderful it would be....
#12 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:30 PM
Awww, it would be awesome.
Anyway, we'll have to wait until Sims 3

I would really like pre-school, pre-teen and middle-aged stages.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2008 at 8:35 PM
Other ages would be nice, but for now I just add wrinkels to my sims about half way through adulthood.
I do hope the Sims3 will have more ages.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:52 PM
yep I think the Sims 3 will proabbly have the new life stages, which would proabbly be the only thing that interests me about the new game. It is a little wierd how your Sims go from looking to be in their twenties to an elder, middle age would be a good addition.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
this will never happen in sims 2; too hard to script that much after 8 entire EPs(need to script all animations again)
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:41 PM
i wanted this too but its not happening i don't think its happening in TS3 either their only adding YA to sim 3.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#17 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teddybear
Awww, it would be awesome.
Anyway, we'll have to wait until Sims 3

I would really like pre-school, pre-teen and middle-aged stages.

A lot of people ask for the stages and we still don't get them. It infuriates me that we don't. Obviously, they don't want a big profit, because they would make one off of an expansion pack that had these stages.
#18 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:48 PM
It's a game. i really don't want any more stages of life added at all, unless EA adds something to the game so intriguing that I wouldn't mind playing the character out any longer. I am satisfied with the span of the baby/child/teen stages. Next ppl are going to want the pregnancy to last actual 9 months..
Instructor
#19 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
Quote:
If EAxis were to introduce a middle-aged stage, I would rather see some of those days come off of the teen days. 14 teen days (for 7 RL years) compared to 29 adult days (for 20-30 "productive" adult years) is just bad math.

I have a feeling that Eaxis did this because the supposed default player of the sims is a teenage female. That aside though a big number of sim players are indeed teens and Eaxis was probably trying to give the two longest life spans to the ages of most of their players. You know for playing self sims and stuff. XD

Middle age is definitely the one that I feel the absence of the most. What I understand about Sims 3 is that there is the same amount of life stages, just that young adult becomes the default age at which we make our sims at and is like the adult stage of now. Then the sims age to middle aged adults after that.

Personally though I would enjoy a middle age group, it has never been one of my major desires for the game. I really don't mind that AL doesn't have it, it already has six things in it that I HAVE been desiring since the very beginning. XD

Dream
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306

I'd like to see young adults outside of Uni as well. I wonder why EAxis kept young adults in Uni--they do know there are young adults that don't go to college, right?

I guess so you'll have to buy an expansion pack and put some money in EA's pockets.