Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:11 AM
Default Ugly Birch Tree Hood Deco Default Replacement
Hi, guys.
Where can I find ugly birch tree hood deco default replacement, like picture below ? It is very disturbing to have a low poly tree spawn everywhere in maxis neighborhood that also can be seen from lot view. And it is very hard job to delete it one by one since there is hundreds of them spawn accross the nhood.
Or may be you guys know where is maxis keep their tree hood deco object file ? I can try to make default replacement from existing high poly tree.

Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:37 PM Last edited by maxon : 1st Feb 2018 at 9:04 PM.
Those look like default replacements I have - I thought by Lowedus. I'll check later.

Edit - oh no, I got it wrong (Lowedus did the pine trees) - Silent Dragon here: http://silent-dragon21.livejournal.com/1522.html

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Those look like default replacements I have - I thought by Lowedus. I'll check later.

Edit - oh no, I got it wrong (Lowedus did the pine trees) - Silent Dragon here: http://silent-dragon21.livejournal.com/1522.html

Thank you very much for your replay. But I have already had Silent Dragon's default replacement trees and they're not replace the ugly birch tree unfortunately
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:56 AM
[Silent-Dragon] Default - LOD textures Tree Birch - Seasons Version.package is in the download. Does that not replace the birch tree then? (The only one I use is the one that makes the red tree pink, it's very pretty.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
[Silent-Dragon] Default - LOD textures Tree Birch - Seasons Version.package is in the download. Does that not replace the birch tree then? (The only one I use is the one that makes the red tree pink, it's very pretty.)

Really ? can you post the picture of your neighborhood ? I put all the default LOD texture of silent dragon and still got the ugly birch tree unreplaced in my pleasantview
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:16 AM
I even put silent dragons' default replacement in the end of load order in case in conflict with others default replacement, but with no luck )
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:59 AM
Looks like this in my game. Looking at your pictures again - the trees you have highlighted aren't birch trees, they're the more regular oaks. You can actually see a birch tree right next to the Sims 2 board in the first picture.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Looks like this in my game. Looking at your pictures again - the trees you have highlighted aren't birch trees, they're the more regular oaks. You can actually see a birch tree right next to the Sims 2 board in the first picture.

But the game point it as "birch tree" when I use duplcate tool. I think that's the game's glitch (you can see inside the biggest red rectangle, the game named it "birch tree"). But what I mean and I want to know is if there is default replacement of that ugly low poly "birch or oak" tree because it is spawn all over pleasantview and other nhood.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:35 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:40 PM.
The oak tree(s) were defaulted by Lowedus, using Criquette's Linden trees and textures. No link at the moment though as I'm not at my computer.

Sorry for any confusion. The birch tree is one of my favorites to use on a lot, so you'd think I'd know the difference between that and an oak tree by now, lol.

Edit: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/156...lt-replacements
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
The oak tree(s) were defaulted by Lowedus, using Criquette's Linden trees and textures. No link at the moment though as I'm not at my computer.

Sorry for any confusion. The birch tree is one of my favorites to use on a lot, so you'd think I'd know the difference between that and an oak tree by now, lol.

Edit: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/156...lt-replacements

Wow, thank you very much for sharing this.