Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 9:52 PM
Default "Error creating instance" when trying to add custom objects in world
Hello! I'm relatively new to all of these CAW stuff (I skimmed the guide some time ago, so I'm practically a newbie), and this site has helped me a lot until now, however, I couldn't find a solution to this problem I've been having: I recently downloaded Simsimillian's Assorted Retaining Walls, I also followed the steps on the tutorial on how to add custom CAW objects since I didn't know how to... anyway, the first time I placed the downloaded files into the Packages folder, they didn't appear in CAW, so I looked for a solution and came across simsample's tutorial on how to mod objects to show up in CAW metadata, and that helped me to make them show up, but now when I try to add them in the world, I get this "Error creating instance" message. Can somebody help me? I read that it might be because I haven't added a layer, but I have two layers already and the error message keeps popping up, could it be that something about the instance number went wrong when I modded the OBJD file? Thank you and excuse my bad English, please
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:00 PM
I checked those files with S3PE and the only thing I noticed was that the build category flags were not set. But, even though I fixed the build flags, the walls did not show up in CAW. I have a large amount of CC in CAW, my own and others, so I know that my CAW folder works. Those walls are from 2012, so maybe some update broke them.

If you like, I could test your modified packages if you upload them.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:27 PM
I must admit I'm a bit impressed when someone manages to read through the hole set of tutorials and posts, only to post when there is no information to find. Cudos

I had also problems with those walls, but I can't remember what. I don't have a mods folder in my caw, I have them all in the game's mods folder. How have you put up your mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 6:17 PM
@varpunen

Sure, I'll attach them in this reply But in case and update broke them, is there anything I can do to make them work again? Or should I look for or create new ones? Thank you ^^

PS The files I modded have similar names to the original ones, but are not those.

@Volvenom

Thanks, I always make sure to do exactly the same as the tutorials, since I'm convinced that if something is different from them everything will go wrong later, like a domino effect, but oh well

Well, for the CAW mods folder I did everything the tutorial said, I modified the resource file, created a new folder and named it "Packages", and then dropped the .package files in there (everything is inside of the x86 Program Files folder). Then for the game mods folder, I created a new game folder (I have lots of them, since I use a lot of cc and merge them with CC Magic, and I don't like to fill the game with cc or saves I won't use later, so everytime I want to make a new save, I create a new game folder) and set up the Mods framework just in case, the Packages and Overrides folder are empty. Thanks for replying
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RetainingWallsModded.zip (3.0 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM Last edited by varpunen : 4th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LePlushLapin
@varpunen

Sure, I'll attach them in this reply But in case and update broke them, is there anything I can do to make them work again? Or should I look for or create new ones? Thank you ^^

PS The files I modded have similar names to the original ones, but are not those.

Okay, yeah, they show up but don't work. Also, as I checked your modded files with S3PE, almost all the data was gone and only thing remaining was the OBJD and a _KEY data. That's probably the reason why. The original files were already CAW enabled, with only the Build Category Flag not set, so that flag was really the only thing that needed fixing. And since fixing that flag didn't help, then the problem lies withing the original files. Simsimillian could fix them but last time she was around was almost a year ago. I don't know how to fix them and since request aren't allowed, it's hard to ask anyone else to do it.

Might be easier to just use some other walls or learn how to fix them by yourself.

These are the ones I use and recolor if necessary: http://gelinadownloads.tumblr.com/p...retaining-walls