Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1601 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
The cheat code in the thread you linked to is still valid
you just click CTRL+shift+C to open the cheats console and type in testingcheats true (enter) cas.fulleditmode
then shift click on the sim > Modify in CAS
and you can select which ever life stage that you want

to get a sim age bar to go all the way down, you can buy the Potion of Youth from the reward store with enough satisfaction points (1500 points), and let the sim drink it.

and here's a little explanation about the aging settings:

Played sims = if you ever played with that household
you can set it to no aging for those guys = anyone which you ever played with won't age
set it to yes = they will age
set it to only active = only the played household you are currently playing with will age, and your other families won't

none played sims = sims that the game randomly generated/ premades and such AKA NPCs
you can either have them age up or not.

I did mark your post as Helpful. Thank you, I did take a look at the cheat and it seemed to work well. All ages was avalible in CAS. Now I know what to do if a sims ages up whitout me wanting it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1602 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 11:06 AM
Selecting Maxis earrings in CAS, they always seem to come as a pair: is there any way to make my sim wear a single earring?
Inventor
#1603 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
Selecting Maxis earrings in CAS, they always seem to come as a pair: is there any way to make my sim wear a single earring?

Nope. They're just created as a pair. You would need to download cc where it's pointed out this is a single earring.
Top Secret Researcher
#1604 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 5:11 AM
I keep starting over with a new game when I realize I could have played it better. I did this with Sims 3... then one day, I did it all exactly the way I wanted too. Then I didn't want to play Sims 3 anymore. It's too easy because I worked out all the methods.
I'm not there yet with Sims 4, but I'm getting close. I hope this Fall's new Magic Expansion/Game pack (whatever... ) has some good challenges. Right now I'm playing aliens because they're such a miserable occult state. At least simple humans can become the over powered vampire! Aliens can't, solves that easy path and makes the game more challenging!
Pro tip: don't disguise your alien. Then you don't get the "Alien... and not trying to hide it!" negative moodlet that is so annoying.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#1605 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGyrl
Yeah, I knew of those tricks. The largest lot in S4 is the 50x50. Unless I demolish the lot in the crater. I just wish we had the option to modify the world and lots like we did in previous versions.

There is a 64X64 lot in Brindleton Bay. The big expensive house. I always bulldoze that for my own purposes!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1606 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 9:04 PM
What is the purpose of the Tend Photo Studio option on the Get To Work Photo Studio Object? All it seems to do is make a Sim stand at the object. I can't then request a photo from them and if I try to take a picture with another Sim selected they just stand there because the other Sim is busy hogging the object by "tending" it. It seems to be a fully pointless interaction option unless you want to stop your Sim wandering off for a short amount of time.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
dodgy builder
#1607 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
There is a 64X64 lot in Brindleton Bay. The big expensive house. I always bulldoze that for my own purposes!

One of the old hoods also has a 64x64. I used it for my big lots before Brindleton came along.
Inventor
#1608 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGyrl
Is there any way to edit a lot or a world in Sims 4 like you could do in previous versions? There has to be a way to get bigger lots. I mainly want to edit a large lot that is backed up next to a river or cemetery. You know, make them part of the lot.
I think I already know the answer, but this is the stupid question thread.

Yes, there is.
Here is tutorial:
https://lunanelfeah.tumblr.com/post...g-lot-sizes-s4s
Forum Resident
#1609 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:31 AM
How do I know if the sim is a mermaid? I have played for a while and as far as I know, my sims have not met one. In Island living, I get my sim to ask but nothing still and it seems to lower friendship when they ask?
Inventor
#1610 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
How do I know if the sim is a mermaid? I have played for a while and as far as I know, my sims have not met one. In Island living, I get my sim to ask but nothing still and it seems to lower friendship when they ask?

You need to have very high friendly/romantic relations to them admit if they are mermaids.
Instructor
#1611 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 11:37 PM
Some updates changed camera controls
We used to roll/tilt the mouse ball (I have a trackball) to go or look straight up in build, buy live mode.

I have BG-IL
Iy trying to tilt up to look to look too down

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1612 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 5:07 PM
The "memory" system is basically a collection of the pictures you have taken in game which you can tag with emotions and Sims.
Are you wanting to find the images in game or out of the game? Out of game they are saved in Documents> Electronic Arts> The SIms 4> Screenshots.
I haven't used that feature is soooooo long I'd have to go look myself if you are meaning something else. Sorry.

Scholar
#1613 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 2:00 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 25th Aug 2019 at 6:40 PM.
OK, so how did this happen? I am playing in the Willow Creek world and I was playing one premade family (not shown at the Sims Wiki page). The YA adult man had a phone call from his much older female friend and was asked if he wanted to go out on a date. This was OK for me so I let them. And after the loading screen I discovered that they had arrived on a com. lot in the Oasis Springs world. How did they even end up there? Now, the "girlfriend" (It would be better to call her "Cougar" ) do not have her own home lot, she's only drifting around in the Willow Creek world. She have never been to Oasis Springs and do not have any connection. So how does this work? My sims can not do this "world jumping".

BTW, the date went fine even if i miss the slow dancing and the nice dinners my sims always get in the Sims 2. But when the date was over the lady walked of whit the message that the date was not so good and that the young man should not call her again. Ever! OK, so 10 minutes ago you got an engagement ring on your finger and and now he's not allowed to call you EVER again? Thanks a lot lady! (Note to self: Buy and install Dine Out).
Field Researcher
#1614 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 5:55 AM
Your sims can do the world jumping thing. Just select which world you want to go to when you travel. Option is in the upper left corner on the map screen.
Scholar
#1615 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
Your sims can do the world jumping thing. Just select which world you want to go to when you travel. Option is in the upper left corner on the map screen.

Oh, is that true? I'm not so into the game yet so I do not have a clue. But I will take a look this weekend when I play. Thank you for the info.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1616 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 5:17 PM
You can hop between worlds as often as you like. When you choose the Travel option you don't have to stick to the map you are on.

Scholar
#1617 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 5:47 PM
From what I gathered, the inviting sim only likes the date if you're doing some romantic interactions with them
(but I would think that if you got them engaged, you probably did, which makes it weird XD)
also, sims who doesn't live in any world, can still show up as visitors, walkbys, have some other roles etc.. so this isn't unusual, they just don't have any home yet

if you would like them to have one, you can move them into a lot (without the need to play with them) using Manage Households, just select them, click on the truck/moving van icon and pick some house for them
you can enter the cheat freerealestate on if they can't afford any house and you wanna help them have it regardless..
Lab Assistant
#1618 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Am I the only one who's noticed sims tend to disappear/teleport sometimes ? It had never happened before but then again I hadn't played for an extensive amount of time in live mode in a while. Sims (not controlled) tend to disappear out of thin air... and my sim has a tendency of teleporting on her own lol. I wonder if it comes from an update to prevent simulation lag ? Because I've noticed it tends to happen in situations where the game's trying to help me reduce annoying little things... I don't know how to explain it. Just to be clear, my game is totally vanilla and my pc is MASTERRAAACEBABE. Anyone else has noticed this ?!

Yeah, this seems to be a pretty common glitch.
Field Researcher
#1619 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 4:49 AM
Two things I'm feeling kind of stupid for even bringing up, but... it's been bugging me a bit.

The first thing is, well, the loading screen. I've been gone from the game for a bit and came back yesterday and discovered the new update and all, but did they alter the loading screen again? Because I no longer have that OH GOD MY EYES MY EYES blue one, instead I have a rather lovely muted dark blue one that is quite nice. Does everyone else (that hasn't gotten a replacement mod) have this as well?

The second is, am I the only one who is still plagued by the incessant randomised clothing? This bug has been lingering for some time now, I thought they would have fixed it a patch or two ago, but no - sims getting out of bed or out of the shower in my game will still randomly generate completely new outfits that I certainly never gave them. (don't know if the clothing-in-the-bathtub thing is still there, but I _think_ I saw a bout of random nakedness flash by again, then again that might actually have been a streaker) I'm starting to seriously worry that this is something wrong with my game specifically at this point, rather than a bug.
Field Researcher
#1620 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 5:46 AM
The loading screen was changed in the August patch, to the darker blue.

My sims have only been changing into their own clothes.
Scholar
#1621 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
The second is, am I the only one who is still plagued by the incessant randomised clothing? This bug has been lingering for some time now, I thought they would have fixed it a patch or two ago, but no - sims getting out of bed or out of the shower in my game will still randomly generate completely new outfits that I certainly never gave them. (don't know if the clothing-in-the-bathtub thing is still there, but I _think_ I saw a bout of random nakedness flash by again, then again that might actually have been a streaker) I'm starting to seriously worry that this is something wrong with my game specifically at this point, rather than a bug.

No, you're not the only one..
sims will wear random stuff, it was never got fixed
I'm using quite a few mods to try and stop that, and the bug which makes them wear accessories on the towel outfit is still there
so it the bug which makes them wear random clothing parts under the censor while taking a shower

a good way to fix it is by using MCCC Dresser > remove all accessories / randomize the hat/socks etc part, if they wear any (which will get them removed)

other randomized outfits can be fixed using any of Bienchen's mods that deals with that..
GetFamouswalkbysfix in here: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mo...werde-beruehmt/ (if you have GF)
holidaytraditionwalkby_fix in here: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mo...r-jahreszeiten/ (if you have Seasons)
and I think there are a few more in her Misc section as well.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1622 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 2:44 PM
This is by LittleMsSam in her Random Small Mods https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small , No Celeb Outfit Copying
This should prevent Sims to “copy” the Outfit of Celebs. Something that drove me crazy.
Scholar
#1623 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
This is by LittleMsSam in her Random Small Mods https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small , No Celeb Outfit Copying
This should prevent Sims to “copy” the Outfit of Celebs. Something that drove me crazy.

It's unrelated to the towel/bath outfits bug, but this mod is for sure a sanity saver for anyone with Get Famous installed
LittleMsSam ( :lovestruc ) is great at saving our sanity with her mods and fixes, besides adding amazing features to the game, and upgrading those we already got
Field Researcher
#1624 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 5:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the helpful information.

I'm not too concerned with the walkby sims and their suddenly weird getup - sup Moira, what are you wearing today? Ocean monster getup, hat and sunglasses? Cool XP - and I no longer have much in the way of celebs (or celebrity-related reactions, because it drove me nuts), it is rather the random clothes swaps in the sim family I'm playing that bothers me. Whenever they get out of bed or out of the shower/bath they seem to materialise a completely new random outfit that I would never, ever give them (once or twice it HAS given me some inspiration though, to be fair), and I have to make them get into their assigned everyday clothing. Don't think they have any reason to wear towels at home in my game, so I haven't noticed that particular bug yet, and using the MCCC to remove accessories, well... doesn't that remove _all_ accessories then? The eyelashes? And does that work on the clothes? (sorry once again for being stupid)
When I played my 100 baby challenge my matriarch sim would of course switch all the time, but mostly I was grateful as long as she didn't end up either wearing the hospital gown or partly/completely naked. (I thought the last bit might be related to her having breastfed so many babies at that point, so I'm not sure yet if that bug still lingers with this other family) At this point though, several challenges later, I'm kind of starting to wonder if there's any point for me to put an effort in picking outfits for my sims in CAS to begin with. Ah well, shouldn't complain, hopefully it'll get fixed one day, right?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1625 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 3:35 PM
I can honestly say I have never exprienced my Sims dressing in random outfits after showering or bathing. Only ever the outfits that I have designed for them.

Page 65 of 86