Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 7:02 PM Last edited by dvoid : 18th Apr 2005 at 8:36 PM.
Problems Editing a Glasses Mesh
Okay, I've been having a problem trying to edit the frame part of a glasses mesh. I'm using SimPE version .32 and wes_h's plugin for Milkshape. I swear I'm following all of the steps correctly and nothing happens.

I can edit the frame mesh all that I want, but as soon as I try and replace it with my own mesh, it disappears.

I'm attaching a .zip file with all of the relevant files inside. Please, can some mesh master take a look and see if they can spot what's wrong? I swear, I've tried everything.

Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cat_ears.zip (96.4 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:47 AM
oh dear!!!!! i know your problem...are you prepared to scream...

that version of SimPE doesn't work for meshing clothes/hair/etc
you need the latest version
also: i just had a super long conversation with someone who had this small problem...uncheck the box that saysm "ep ready" when you fix integrity or IT WILL NOT WORK
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:50 PM
But Dr Pixel said version .32 DOES work for hair and clothes. And version .34 DOESN'T. Would version .33 work? And I swear I unchecked that box, but I might've forgotten. It's easy to miss. K, I'll try again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 3:54 PM
Well, I tried version .35 and no luck, so far. Sigh...What version do you have, Saracentner? I know you said it was a really early one. Don't suppose it's still around for download somewhere? :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 6:23 PM
dvoid- call me sara...saracentner is my full name...i picked it because sara was taken...unless you like calling me then whatever

i pmed you my email so i can send you my version of simpe...i could have sworn v 32 didn't work hmmmmmmmmmm....i don't know exaclty since i have cersion 18
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 8:11 PM
Problems Continue...
Thanks, Sara. Don't mean to sound like some sort of android (or Jaffa if you know Stargate) when I address you. :D

I don't think it's SimPe's fault, after all. I tried version .18 and it's still giving me the same trouble. It's the weirdest thing. The ear are grouped with the frame. The frame shows up. I can edit the frame any way I want, but the ears just don't work.

I'm gonna post the screencap to illustrate. In the picture you can see that I have moved/edited the frame and the ears are grouped with the frame so they should show up, too...right?

Yes, I know I said something very similar in the email, but I think some other people are follow this thread and I'd like to preserve it for posterity.

Also, I'd like to announce to all and sundry that I am a girl. I just saw another posts referring to me as a guy. Is it the name? It's been pointed out by my roommate that it kinda sounds like David. It's actually a play on words because my name starts with a D and I don't smile a lot (hence, "devoid"...of emotion).

That is all.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:21 PM
Hey Folks!

I'm trying to do the same and looked into your published objects as a reference how this is done, but had the same problems (new mesh not showing in the game).
I kept the original submesh-filenames, so it really is a mystery to me why this happens. I tried that with SimPE 0.34, now have 0.35, but not yet tried it with that version.
Furthermore, my changed mesh, when inserted into the GMDC file shows up fine in the preview.

A hint on how to do this basically would also be appreciated, is it roughly the same procedure as that making a clothing-mesh (as I guesses it is)?

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 2:10 AM
hmmmm...i wonder why it's not working for you guys. you are in fact using milkshape right?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:24 AM
In fact I do the modeling with C4D and the finishing touches and texturing in Milkshape and never had a problem like that before.

Tried it yesterday with 0.35 but to no avail.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
I downloaded your files, and had a look

One problem was easy to spot, and correct -

You did not assign your new ear vertices to anything.

Unless they are assigned to a bone, they are not going to show up.

I assigned them to the Head bone (joint) in MilkShape, but still nothing shows up in BodyShop.

I think the other problem may be due to the "linking" in SimPE, but I looked there and I have absolutely no clue how to do that.

Some of the 3d referencing files have no Resource Node and no Shape entry, others have two of each.

I wouldn't have any idea which ones would have to be linked to your texture .package, so I can't help you there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM Last edited by dvoid : 25th Apr 2005 at 1:36 AM.
I use Milkshape. 1.73...something or other I think. It's got 1s and 3s and 7s I know that. It sucks because I made the cutest ear meshes and they just aren't showing up. I might have to rebuild the whole thing by modifying the ACTUAL frame mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 5:28 PM
Default Fixed it!
Yay! Thanks to DR Pixel I figured out that I have to attach the mesh to the head joint instead of the c_hair joint. So, for future meshers, make sure you attach the mesh you create to the same joint as the one you're merging it with. Whee! Gonna do a happy dance now. :D