Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2UC doesn't work despite deleted "cache" files and replaced "paul.dll" file.
Yo
So
Yesterday I played TS2UC and everything was fine. Today I tried to Run it but the app is like "Never" and it showed in Task menager(?) but after 10 sec it just dissapeared and I did it again and again, and finally I checked what's going on in ea and forums like this and I did literally everything and TS2 still don't want to run. Yesterday I didn't deleted anything or changed something in "downloads" file, I just casually exit the game and now my app is like this. I have windows 10, and I have to use "Graphic rules maker" to work it properly, but since I used it for first time there was nothing wrong so I didn't changed anything. I don't know what to do anymore. This game worked on my computer (windows 8) really well and it's the oryginal one from 2014. It never happened before. Everything looks okay, maybe Im some kind of idiot or skipped something important?
HELP
IM TRYING OVER 5H IM LITERALLY SICK OF IT.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:45 PM
Which cache files did you delete?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Which cache files did you delete?

Accessory.cache and groups.cache
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:26 PM
Windows 10 sometimes makes files "read-only" that shouldn't be, so check that.

Have you tried launching with your anti-virus turned off or with the game in its exclusion file? These are steps that really need to be added to the FAQ, so many people are having trouble with them.

Did you run Bodyshop between the last time you played and the failure to load? If so, you should also delete the other files that appeared in your Sims2 folder - Content Registry and Cigen.

Does anybody else use this computer? If so, ask them if they've made any changes to the way the system works lately. I have no idea what they could have done, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Believe me, I know exactly how frustrated you are! But the more you allow the frustration to get to you, the less effective your attempts to solve the problem will be. So get a drink, eat some chocolate, walk away from it for awhile, then start systematically working on the problem when you're no longer inclined to rage and hit it with a wrench. You'll fix it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Peni Griffin]Windows 10 sometimes makes files "read-only" that shouldn't be, so check that.

Have you tried launching with your anti-virus turned off or with the game in its exclusion file? These are steps that really need to be added to the FAQ, so many people are having trouble with them.

Did you run Bodyshop between the last time you played and the failure to load? If so, you should also delete the other files that appeared in your Sims2 folder - Content Registry and Cigen.

Does anybody else use this computer? If so, ask them if they've made any changes to the way the system works lately. I have no idea what they could have done, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Believe me, I know exactly how frustrated you are! But the more you allow the frustration to get to you, the less effective your attempts to solve the problem will be. So get a drink, eat some chocolate, walk away from it for awhile, then start systematically working on the problem when you're no longer inclined to rage and hit it with a wrench. You'll fix it.[/]
Wow, thanks. It works now! Im so happy!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:57 PM
It does? Wow, good. Glad to be of service. What was it - the anti-virus?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)