Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 3:43 AM
Create New Food
I have trying to create a new layered wedding cake and add it as Gourmet recipe.

I discovered a cake called "object_Food_CakeWedding" (XML resource) that I could use as base. However I didn't find the MODL resource of base game wedding cake to use as a base. I didn't find any resource from that object.

I miss S3OC Tool for TS4. I could find it easily using that tool. I tried to do it using Sims4Studio and TSR Workshop but I didn't succeed.

Sims4Studio doesn't list food. TSR Workshop can list uncategorized objects but cloning a food crashes the tool.

Is there any tool can do it easily?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 4:04 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th Aug 2015 at 8:08 AM.
What "base game wedding cake" do you mean? To my knowledge there is no such thing .. sims can bake any cake, and then click on it and select "Add Wedding Topper" to make it a wedding cake.

You can always clone stuff manually with s4pe (provided said stuff exists). Open Strings_ENG_US.package (or whichever game language you use -- the package is in Client like all of the other ones), C+P its contents into your fave text editor, do a search for the in-game name of your desired item, C+P the key it lists for that name into the s4pe search, and then search deltabuild0 for that key with the filter set to COBJ. Sounds a bit roundabout, but you'll probably be done before any of the pointyclicky tools are even done loading.

Objects consists of the COBJ/OBJD with the same instance/s, and the MODL (plus MLODs, LITE etc with the same instance) which are listed in the OBJD. The other stuff listed in the OBJD -- rig/slots, footprint, tuning -- you can probably ignore (i.e. keep it referenced to some other cake) since it doesn't sound like you'd be changing that. Textures are referenced from the MODL and MLOD(s) with group 0x00000000, in the material definitions -- the first one is always the fallback (i.e. what the game will use when some other definition is invalid somehow); I guess a food item will only have one actual material apart from that fallback (but who knows, maybe the cakes are all the same item .. off the top of my head I don't know whether they could be the same model, shape-wise). The MLODs with groups 0x0001something are the shadow meshes, those do not have textures.

You can try making a package with the COBJ/OBJD of the item you want to clone and then import that package in TSRW with the "New Import" option -- that's what I did with garden plants recently and it worked fine. Right now I don't remember anymore whether I also copied the MODL/MLOD resources into that package or not.

You should probably use s4pe 0.2d for object stuff, one of the later ones (but I never remember which one/s) have an issue with the material definitions. See the sticky in Tools for a link if you don't have it.

ETA: also, I'm able to clone the cake just fine with TSRW (there is indeed only one, the different flavours are just different materials). Attaching the .wrk if you want to play with it. Be warned that this has geostates .. with the plants mentioned above, I did not get custom meshes to work without breaking the states, but retexturing worked fine. (Also, not saying that you couldn’t get the states under control – if you made foods before, you probably know a lot more about that than I do =).
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cake.zip (43.9 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:27 PM
Just as an FYI, Sims 4 Studio does list food. After selecting Object/Create 3D Mesh, press Ctrl-Shift-C. A console box comes up on screen, and you type 'buydebug' into it. All the debug items (such as food) will be displayed and you can then type 'cake' into the search line and get results as below.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What "base game wedding cake" do you mean? To my knowledge there is no such thing .. sims can bake any cake, and then click on it and select "Add Wedding Topper" to make it a wedding cake.

Yes. However there is a cake called "wedding cake" in XML file. I just think that this name was used in the game files, because this cake has the appearance of a wedding cake like no other. But it works as normal cake. I think this bellow.

----------

Thank guys. I'll try to do this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 11:37 AM
That tuning is apparently only used for single plates (I haven't seen the cake in your screenshot in my game before o.O .. maybe only gourmet cooks can make it? I've got some sims with 10 cooking skill and all they can make is the regular cake) -- you can check that by seaching for the name of the tuning file, see screenshot.

I get some more wedding cake stuff when searching for "edding" (to account for upper/lowercase), but yeah, (at least) one of them lists a MODL that I don't have in fullbuild0 either. "foodPlateEatTallCakeMultiGENWedding_01", model ID 0x91589D1F83A8B08B .. it does not have any tuning either. I wonder if perhaps the cake itself doesn't need any tuning because it's only the plates that get eaten? It would still need a recipe, though (unless it is being produced by adding a topper, perhaps).
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 12:26 PM
The wedding cake is actually a gourmet food.

I´m interested in creating food but sadly I have no time to mess around with object creation so I´ll probably have to wait for a tutorial.

But I know of a creator who has already done a working object with geostates, it´s julsfels. I´m talking about her playable toy island for kids which uses geostates for the broken version. See here:
http://www.sims4fun.com/?p=2740
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 9:46 PM
A future "problem" with custom food, is that you'd have to either edit or (preferably) inject the recipe into all the different crafting interactions.
I'm attempting to make custom bar drinks which work fairly similarly, but need to inject the recipes due to other conflicting mods.
I've no experience with Python, so even given the SA list injector, which I would think works fairly similarly, isn't enough for me to do it on my own :\
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 8:57 AM
Custom bar drinks are a great idea, jaybud4. Do you think you will eventually succeed in doing these?