Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 10:58 AM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 20th Feb 2019 at 11:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Game won't go into neighborhoods?
After i downloaded two things yesterday (i think it was liz's white kitchen and via veronaville starters) whenever i try to go into a neighborhood it freezes,will i have to reinstall my game or take half my downloads out and see what the problem is?

i'm trying to repair my game via origin so i hope that'll do something.

EDIT:repairing did nothing.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:26 AM
Rename the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\" folder (to something like "The Sims 2 Old"), and run the game (fastest way to "reinstall" without actually reinstalling, plus you'll stilll have a backup of your original game that you can go back to).

After you've done that, see if these two downloads cause the same problem. If they do, remove them from your old game.

Recolors rarely cause problems, but it's still possible. If the lots had any CC in them, the CC could potentially be the problem. Either that or the lot files themselves (you should be able to remove lot files, either by deleting the lots in their temporary installed form in the Teleport folder where they go before you run your game, or (I think) from the LotCatalog folder if they've been fully installed. I'm not entirely sure it's safe to delete from the LotCatalog folder, but someone can probably tell below if it isn't).
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:38 AM
Will renaming still work if i have the Ultimate Collection?

My Tumblr
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:20 PM
yes

bear in mind that the game creates 2 folders while installation (because the game does not understand multiuser concept) - that with files inside - is the real one, other is just dummy, leave it alone.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 2:43 PM
Okay,i renamed the folder tried loading veronaville and...nothing,it still freezes.

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:27 PM
Do you have a backup to try?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 5:55 PM
No,i guess now i should regret not backing up.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 6:19 PM
remove last added CC (including lots CC), delete caches and try again;

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 5:12 PM
The problem is solved;thanks for all the help

My Tumblr