Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 3:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default how to change road to match hood terrain type?
I am currently playing with this hood (Emerald Heights), but I noticed after installing a road default replacement it wasn't showing up for the hood. Then I noticed that seems to be because the game thinks the hood is using a lush type terrain - it has a strip of green grass between the maxis road and footpath.

Apparently the terrain type cheat doesn't fix this properly - ugh.

I found this thread that discusses this issue and how to fix it (see link below), but hex editing is well and truly beyond me. I downloaded a hex editor and opened the extracted SimPE file, but then my brain exploded trying to work out what I was looking at and how I could possibly follow Moo's instructions...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445472

I'm wondering, is there an easier way to fix this problem? I did think of using Moo's hood replace program to replace the terrain with the exact same sc4 map, but of the desert type. However, the map in question doesn't seem to be available for download.

My simblrIcon credit
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 12:34 PM
Yes, you can use hood replace. You don't need the SC4 file, Hood Replace uses a source neighbourhood to copy the terrain from. So just make a new neighbourhood with the terrain type that you need (using any SC4 template), and then use Hood Replace to copy the terrain from Emerald Heights.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 12:43 PM
@simsample oh ok, thank you!! I haven't used Hood Replace before, so didn't know it was so simple! :D

My simblrIcon credit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:56 AM
Hmm, I tried hood replace, but there's still green on the median strip... grrr!

My simblrIcon credit
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 4:55 PM
In lot view, or hood view, or both?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 4:01 AM
@simsample both :/

My simblrIcon credit
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 1:26 PM
Ugh, it looks like Hood Replace is copying the 'incorrect' NGBH over.

Looks like you'll have to resort to hex editing that, as Mootilda describes. As it's an empty neighbourhood, you could try replacing it with an NGBH from an empty desert terrain hood, but I'm not sure if that will have any side effects.