Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7501 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:44 AM
@Rosebine

I am not a guru here, but my understanding is that CEP is for recolored maxi objects? So new meshes not showing may not be due to CEP?

I know I have to reinstall the CEP everytime I make a new game folder - the auto-install works just fine with my UC, though, but I never experienced any other problems with it at all.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7502 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Rosebine

I am not a guru here, but my understanding is that CEP is for recolored maxi objects? So new meshes not showing may not be due to CEP?

I know I have to reinstall the CEP everytime I make a new game folder - the auto-install works just fine with my UC, though, but I never experienced any other problems with it at all.

yeah, I missed one little checkbox...I am all ok now, everything is showing up.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#7503 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Insimenator is down!

I know it's gone down before, but I wonder if it's connected to Sims2Graveyard going down for so long? Pescado owns both correct?

@terula8

InSimenator goes down once in a while, not sure why. So far it has always came back up in a few days. I would not panic. I don't think it is connected as InSimenator has a different set of admins from Pescado and according to what I read today Sims2Graveyard is undergoing maintenance. Hopefully Sims2 Graveyard will back in the not too distant future.

Note: I checked the link http://www.insimenator.org/index.php and it is working as of today.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7504 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:25 AM
I can't figure out how I want my cathedral bell towers...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#7505 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:57 AM
With a bell inside, I hope.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7506 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:47 AM
Also, protip: The face paint options are obviously meant to go with the painted bare chests of some of the sports fan 'clothing' options...

But they work great as woad for your medieval warriors too...

Inventor
#7507 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:31 PM
Had the impulse last night to start my game fresh. I deleted all of my neighborhoods and 80% of my CC that I won't be using anymore. Not only is my game loading faster without that extra bulk, I haven't done this big of a purge in a long time. It feels like a 50-ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders; no more CC bingeing for me !

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#7508 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Had the impulse last night to start my game fresh. I deleted all of my neighborhoods and 80% of my CC that I won't be using anymore. Not only is my game loading faster without that extra bulk, I haven't done this big of a purge in a long time. It feels like a 50-ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders; no more CC bingeing for me !

You remind me to redownload all my defaults for hair because something went wrong so most of it have become that color thing with neon yellow colored instead of Poppet’s V.2 colors

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#7509 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:39 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahaha! You'll be back!
Instructor
#7510 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:55 PM

This reminds me of that I need to schedule monthly purges of my downloads. I download a lot of CC, and then actually end up using maybe 40% of it. When building or sending my sims clothes shopping I see a lot of cc that I need to delete (but too lazy to do it atm). I think scheduling purges will have things on an equal scale.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Inventor
#7511 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
You remind me to redownload all my defaults for hair because something went wrong so most of it have become that color thing with neon yellow colored instead of Poppet’s V.2 colors

I never heard of that happening before and I have most of Poppet defaults :0. But hopefully you get it fixed!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ahahahahahahahahahaha! You'll be back!

Don't jinx me !

Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
This reminds me of that I need to schedule monthly purges of my downloads. I download a lot of CC, and then actually end up using maybe 40% of it. When building or sending my sims clothes shopping I see a lot of cc that I need to delete (but too lazy to do it atm). I think scheduling purges will have things on an equal scale.

I was in the same situation. I downloaded them not for the sake of using them, it was more like downloading them just because I have no impulse control . But I still have the .zips they came in, just in case I ever want to re-install them (my .zips Downloads folder is as big as the Sims 2 folder at this point.)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#7512 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 7:39 PM
Ahhhh, so irritating.
I finally found SC4 in the CEX shop near my boyfriends place (I've been there about 20 times looking for it) and it was only 50p...
Only to get home and find out that my external DVD drive is broken.
RIP me.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Alchemist
#7513 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 8:06 PM

Have you missed anything yet? I guess you put some mods back, right? I tend to download tons of stuff but never actually unzip it myself.
Inventor
#7514 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Have you missed anything yet? I guess you put some mods back, right? I tend to download tons of stuff but never actually unzip it myself.

The only time I delete mods is if they conflict with something else or don't work, but other than that, I don't miss any of the stuff I got rid of . Half of it was deco clutter (I won't miss having to scour the Misc. category for an hour to find one tiny thing) and the other was Bodyshop accessories for storytelling purposes; that lagged my game up in CAS. The most important stuff I kept are cars, Bodyshop CC, houses, Sims, mods, and random Build stuff like wallpapers. Maybe I'll go through my .zips and delete the ones I know I won't use any more someday, but for now I'll just keep a lookout for important mods, I see that midgethetree has put out a lot in my absence!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#7515 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 8:59 PM
Maybe we should all Marie Kondo our CC folders. Do each of these slightly different clutter baskets spark joy?

=^..^=
Alchemist
#7516 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Maybe we should all Marie Kondo our CC folders. Do each of these slightly different clutter baskets spark joy?

Oh, but they dooooooo!
Field Researcher
#7517 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick

Yes. Of course.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7518 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:41 PM
In Real Life we are moving house, and are leaving what has been our family home for 88 years. If we have to move, I would have liked to move to Veronaville, where so many of my friends live, but sadly, for some reason I don't fully understand, that doesn't seem to be possible. Which is a pity, as there's a lovely little cottage empty in Poet Place that I'm sure would have been perfect for us. But in reality we're just moving to a new house about 7 miles (12 km?) away. (Our existing house is up a steep hill, and my mother is now finding it very hard to climb all the steps to get in.

Anyway, lots of my Sims (probably most of them) have moved into new houses in recent years, so maybe I can pick up a few tips about moving from them. I'm sure many of you know that my original Sim Andrew doubles up as my invisible friend, and, of something's on my mind, I tend to talk it over with him. Well I had lots of junk lying around and I was wondering what to do with it all to make to house look reasonable for potential buyers. The estate agent said we should get the rooms as empty as possible. So I tell Andrew my problem. "It's easy," he says. "If it were me, I'd just stick everything into Inventory."
"Oh Andrew!," I groan. "If only I could!"
Sims do have some big advantages over us. If only we could put all the furniture into Inventory, then we wouldn't need a removals van -- we could move in a taxi like my Sims do.

I have one little compensation for not being able to move to Veronaville. We are buying a new end-terrace house. In the builder's catalogue the mid-terrace house next to it is called "The Andrew"!

Well, we accepted an offer for our old house on Monday, and agreed to buy the new one. So it seems we really are moving. There was an old tradition among beekeepers that, when anything important happened in the family, like a birth or a death, you should tell your bees. So, do you think I should start up my game, and tell my Sims about us moving house?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#7519 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 28th Feb 2019 at 12:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
In Real Life we are moving house, and are leaving what has been our family home for 88 years.

I have one little compensation for not being able to move to Veronaville. We are buying a new end-terrace house. In the builder's catalogue the mid-terrace house next to it is called "The Andrew"!

Well, we accepted an offer for our old house on Monday, and agreed to buy the new one. So it seems we really are moving. There was an old tradition among beekeepers that, when anything important happened in the family, like a birth or a death, you should tell your bees. So, do you think I should start up my game, and tell my Sims about us moving house?

I do. Maybe have them throw you a housewarming when you get there. I have a mod that, I think, wasn't released, that lets sims throw a party and have guests bring gifts. Maybe you need that for your housewarming.
Field Researcher
#7520 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:20 PM
Yesterday I was watching TV and said "they look like when you hit randomize in create a family"
Mad Poster
#7521 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:34 PM
You have no idea how many times I used Sims to describe anyone to my children. It often end up looking like : *You know, he looked like a sims 3 character...*
Now my daughter also does it, and not so long ago told me : * That could be a Sims 2 maxis outfit...*

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#7522 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:39 PM
@AndrewGloria, I wish you a good move and hope you like your new home.

I think my sims would probably tell you that the first thing you need to do when you move in is inspect all your bushes, trees, and flowers. First thing. It's very important. I don't get it myself, but then again, I'm not a plant person. I suppose no one likes neighbors with a messy front yard. Next they'd tell you to go greet your neighbors and make new friends. Maybe even throw a party. Then they'd tell you not to worry too much about packing and unpacking. It all gets done eventually, and before you know it, everything will be done and you won't even remember how long it took. And yeah, it might be hard to get rid of some things, but then when you get to the new place you can buy new stuff! Everybody likes getting new stuff.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#7523 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:43 PM
My game runs so smooth after I changed the compatibility mode for the game ;;;;;
I’ve never seen it so fast and well doing and I can have it on the highest settings hdjsjdbsjsjd
I forgot the game could run so fast-
But wow
I love the speed
;;;;;

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#7524 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 12:50 AM
Suddenly I really want to make a conveyor belt sushi restaurant...but I have absolutely no idea how I'd go about it, even for a nonfunctional, purely aesthetic one.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7525 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 1:01 AM
Cathedrals present an interesting challenge... How do you make "walls" (along the aisles inside the main sanctuary in particular) out of nothing but columns, arches, and railings, and how do you make "furniture" (pulpits, pipe organs, choir stalls) out of wall segments?

Page 301 of 515