Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:34 PM
Default Pottermore
So, anyone signed up for Pottermore early registration? And anyone else wondering exactly what the site's going to be? I almost got in yesterday (was in the process of registering when it closed) and finally got in today, so I'm happy.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:44 AM
I got in at 4:30 AM on the first day registry was open. I'm so hardcore xD No idea what the site is. I hope it'll be good though, I don't want to have stayed up all night for absolutely nothing. It's more a fangirl thing than actually wanting to be in, for me, haha. Maybe this will be good, maybe not.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 8:44 PM
I'm in! I got in on the last day, completely forgot about it with everything else But at least I made it! I don't what the site will be, I just hope it's good
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:33 AM
I wasn't as excited by it as some people are, but I figured I may as well make an account anyway. I know a few people who made one account per day which I think is kind of excessive and ruining other people's chances. I didn't realise it had started until the second day, so that's when I was able to get my account. My username is YewPotion100 which I'm pretty pleased about.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 4:57 PM
Beta site has opened - Kailacat and Pixcii, are either of you lucky folks in yet?
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 10:01 AM
I had registered on the third day, but I haven't got my welcome e-mail yet, only the other e-mails so I'm hoping it will arrive soon!

My username is Nightlight95
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:41 PM
I got in on the fifth day, and I'm still waiting for my welcome e-mail. I hope I'll get in soon, I won't really have any time to play with it in October. My username is SilverRune148.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:50 PM
I still haven't received my welcome e-mail, but I know when I do, I'll accomplish nothing for a fairly long while. It's probably best I don't get it for a while :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I still haven't received my welcome e-mail, but I know when I do, I'll accomplish nothing for a fairly long while. It's probably best I don't get it for a while :P

Hate to say it, but you probably won't. Only about 1.5% of the 1,000,000 people have gotten access to the site so far and apparently they've been having lots of issues (the Pottermore team sent out 2 batches of e-mail, one Monday and one yesterday.) While I know the site should be buggiest at the beginning, I am kind of wondering if they'll manage to make their October deadline for the public. (I'm not in either, but people have been posting Sorting House stats on tumblr and in forums.)
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 3:02 AM
Well, I got my email today and I'm in now! I'm super excited to be in! It seems very informative and interesting so far.

tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 11:32 PM
I envy you so much! They're up to about 10% of beta testers being on the site now; I'm really hoping to get something next week, especially as they said they're going to take a break in sending welcome e-mails after another week or two. (But, being a day 4 registrant, I'll probably have to wait until mid-September or something unless they really start speeding up the number of people they add.)

You should post when you get to the wand and Sorting and stuff, especially about the Sorting Hat quiz and if you think you're in the right House. I'm really eager to find out more about everything!
Scholar
#12 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 2:27 PM
Yeah, last time I checked there were about 93K people on there. I realize how lucky I am to be on so early. Also, about being a day 4 registrant, they put people on at random. Some people who got in on the 1st day haven't gotten their emails yet, and people who got in on the later days have. So I wouldn't worry about that since it seems to be completely random.

I've been through everything they have to offer so far - not much, as it is only a beta testing. I took my sorting quiz, and I was quite shocked at first. I've always identified as a Ravenclaw, so after answering the questions honestly, I expected to see dark blue and everything. It was hard to determine the outcome from the questions; it was a very good quiz. I ended up in... Slytherin!

I guess I'm not that shocked anymore. I do see how I fit in Slytherin. I did want to be in Ravenclaw (or Hufflepuff) to find out information about them that wasn't in the books. (Of course, there is no way I would ever end up in Hufflepuff - I'm not a hard worker, or any of that. It's probably the last house I'd be in.) I suppose I can always identify as a "Slytheravenclaw" or something along those lines But I can't change what house I'm sorted in now, so I'm hoping for Slytherin to beat Ravenclaw for the house cup!

ETA: It's not buggy from what I can tell, but they do have it down for maintenance right now.

Also, my username is WizardStar115, so add me, unless I don't know who you are - send me a PM first in that case!

tumblr
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 11:07 AM Last edited by PixCii : 7th Sep 2011 at 10:52 PM.
I'm in! I'm in Ravenclaw, when I thought I'd be in Slytherin. If I had my way, I'd be in Slytherclaw, but whatever. I'm enjoying it a lot so far :3
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 4:54 PM
I got my Pottermore e-mail this Sunday. It turns out I'm in Gryffindor , which I was a bit surprised by. Not that I had expected anything in particular. I just hadn't given it much thought before. And I didn't feel like I could rely on the quizes I've done before either, seeing as I had gotten like different results each time (all except Slytherin). It does feel right in a way now though... I like it. And my wand too, I really like what I got there (Cypress, Phoenix Feather, 10 3/4 inches). And I sat with those damn questions forever! I took it very seriously, haha. Same thing with the wand questions.

It's good fun though.

I'm putting this ^ under spoilers for those who wants to explore everything on their own. Although I don't think I spoil too much. But just in case.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 12:41 AM
I got in today! I have an elder wand with dragon core; the elder part surprised me, but it's pretty cool that the description says

Also, I wanted a dragon core, which I got, and, most importantly of all, I got Ravenclaw, which I was really hoping for, as I've always considered myself a 'Claw.

If anyone wants to add me, I'm BronzeDragon111. Just PM me on here so I know who the heck you are; when I logged in, I had 5 friend requests waiting for me, with only 3 of them from people I actually know.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 9:46 PM
I got my welcome e-mail tonight, I'm having too much fun so far. :P
I'm in Ravenclaw, I'm really happy about that. You can find my username a couple of posts above this, feel free to add me.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:45 PM
Add me if you want guys, I could really use some Sim friends, haha
WitchSun149

Life Stage: Young Adult

Traits: Artistic, Bookworm, Dog Person, Over-Emotional, Good

LTW: Master of the Arts
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:05 PM
i sorted into slytheirn... i am not a slytherin if anything im a hufflepuff not a hard worker but a good finder
Inventor
#19 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 12:16 AM
Yay, Pottermore is finally open to everyone! I signed in today and I'm already finished with the first book. Can't wait for the next to be released. This is really a nice addition to the fans that loves getting new inside info, and in a more playful way. I loved how the chapters were set up for you to find stuff, make potions, do spells etc. And I was lucky to get into Slytherin (would have signed off it I didn't)!!

My name there is WitchDust7559 if anyone wants to add me... yeah, we aren't able to make our own usernames on there due some some restrictions.
Theorist
#20 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 12:59 PM
Ah, so the site is finally open for public? About time too
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th May 2012 at 6:21 AM
When I signed into Pottermore I thought I was going to be placed in Hufflepuff, but ended up being a Gryffindor! *phew* :P
Instructor
#22 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:31 AM
StarSword29737, if you want to add.

I got Slytherin, as I expected, the wand part was interesting though.
Theorist
#23 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:14 PM
Meh. I don't even remember what my wand is. Don't think it's very important, though, since I have yet to see how the different wands affect your proficiency in the available activities.

Got few hundred points from dueling, but I'm kinda bored with Petrificus Totalus being the strongest spell, so I'm off until they release the "second book".
Instructor
#24 Old 28th May 2012 at 2:41 AM
It's in your profile I think. If you click on the house crest in the center. You can see the wand stats on the left side.

Length: 12 in
Wood:Sycamore
Core:Unicorn
Flexibility:Surprisingly Swishy

This was interesting more because of the information they released about wand core and wood strengths.

Theorist
#25 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:29 PM Last edited by vhanster : 29th May 2012 at 5:02 PM.
Yeah, but the type of wand you have doesn't really change any features of the site- except for the information written on your profile. The results of using a "surprisingly swishy" wand like yours would probably be the same when using an "unyielding" one like mine.

Anyway, if you haven't known yet, my house is Slytherin and my username is ShadowBlade9508. Not online much, though.

Page 1 of 2