Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6151 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:01 PM
The Grim Reaper has a biography that you can never see without corrupting your entire game installation:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Grim-Reaper-Bio.jpg

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6152 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:25 AM
I found out that kids can (and do) order food from the in-game diner set. Troy Snyder took the quads out to the Meeting House where he had to preach a sermon and then to the local bus stop & public bathrooms, where there is one. After the kids used the bathrooms, they each headed for the diner and ordered hamburgers. Of course he had to pay for them, but that they did it autonomously makes it good.
Oh, and also-no matter which public lot they go to, kids will always attract the other kids in the neighborhood. Troy preached to an empty church while the kids ran wild in the streets with the other neighborhood kids. They evidently scared off the adults, who saw a small mob of miniature mobsters. That was enough to scare them away..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#6153 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 4:56 AM
The shape blocks are terrible at teaching logic to our toddlers! They can put a circle through the square and think they're getting it right xD
Top Secret Researcher
#6154 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:12 PM
Maybe that's why they do things that make absolutely no sense all the time...

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6155 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:03 PM
If an apartment neighbor disappears from the lot and you get the unclickable "Unique Separator" on their apartment door, teleporting them back on-lot fixes the issue.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6156 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 4:53 PM
I learned that children can participate in "Tai Chi" exercise! (courtesy of the hacked Tai Chi vase).

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Alchemist
#6157 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I learned that children can participate in "Tai Chi" exercise! (courtesy of the hacked Tai Chi vase).

Yeah, children can learn all the vacation "dances" in a vanilla game--are you just using the vase so you don't have to track down a vacation local? Because you definitely don't need it for them to learn it or perform it on their own.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6158 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:33 PM
Actually, once one learns the dance, you don't need the vase. It's an infectious thing. It spreads all over the neighborhood just like the vanilla version-and I don't use it. But if you do use that hacked vase, it increases in value to $1500 overnight. Nice bonus for having it on the lot.

But I thought I'd point it out that kids can join the exercise.

Mad Poster
#6159 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by complexion
The shape blocks are terrible at teaching logic to our toddlers! They can put a circle through the square and think they're getting it right xD

What's wrong with that?
Field Researcher
#6160 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:38 AM
Penguins can chat with snowmen. XD You can also pet their cute little heads!
Field Researcher
#6161 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The Grim Reaper has a biography that you can never see without corrupting your entire game installation:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Grim-Reaper-Bio.jpg

Also if you kill off Sims there's a chance Grim will give you his dating profile. XD
Instructor
#6162 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:54 PM
That doing a 50/50 isn't actually hard.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#6163 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 7:02 PM
According to this page there's some cut strings that talk about memories affecting a Sim's mood and increasing their strength by sharing them.

Alchemist
#6164 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
According to this page there's some cut strings that talk about memories affecting a Sim's mood and increasing their strength by sharing them.
has any player confirmed that?
Mad Poster
#6165 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
The Cutting Room Floor is a wiki made by players, so I'd hope so.

Forum Resident
#6166 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:51 PM
Holy crap, my life has been made easier. Someone on the 'userstartup.cheat' thread said:
Quote:
hold down ESC key while holding down LEFT MOUSE BUTTON will vacuum up excess hood deco (piles of ponds, roads, etc)

and I tested it and it works!
thank you lord
Scholar
#6167 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:00 PM
I really did feel like a noob the other day. I had created a new restaurant and did a testrun whit a sim. But she could not get a table (No one was using the tables) and there was a message about all tables being taken by a larger group of guests. So I sent her home. The problem was that I had used large chairs whit armrests on. Whit normal chairs it worked well. In 10 years of playing I have never, ever seen this problem and I asked myself how I could make a misstake like that. (Heavy facepalm).
Forum Resident
#6168 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 1:41 AM
...that Malcolm Landgraab's initials are Roman Numerals.

MLIII ...or... 1053

Now... what does this number signify? THAT... is the epic question. The mystery of what 1053 means in Maxanese? Is it the number of their street address? Is it the extra 4-digit extension of their US Postal zip Code? Is it the last 4 digits of their telephone number? Maybe its their debit card PIN? ...or is it the code an idiot uses on their suitcase?

FF-1053 was the designation for the Knox-class frigate, the USS Roark... what significance could that have??

According to Wikipedia, 1053AD was the year when 3,000 Norman horsemen of Humphrey of Hauteville, Count of Apulia and Calabria, routed the combined troops of Pope Leo IX and the Holy Roman Emperor at the Battle of Civitate. what does it mean??

Could it be a reference to Windows Error Code 1053: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"? An error message you would get when a service that uses the local system account tries to start on a Windows Server 2003-based computer??

I... DONT... KNOW!!

1053!! It MUST Have a Meaning!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Field Researcher
#6169 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 2:46 AM
Well, someone's been hitting the Pureed Boot pretty hard, I see.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Lab Assistant
#6170 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:07 AM
I discovered that when a Sim joins a Toddler Sim in playing with the 'Magical Mystery's "Shape, Rattle & Roll"' toy, they will point to the correct hole for the little block to go in and also clap when they get it right!
Test Subject
#6171 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:54 AM
Today I found out that Sims can react negatively to the Gossip interaction–they refuse to Gossip about other Sims. Maybe it has to do with their number of nice points, their relationship with the other Sim...not sure. But it was interesting to see.
Field Researcher
#6172 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:56 AM
You get +10 points in the headmaster scenario (private school) if you get the headmaster in the hot tub.
Mad Poster
#6173 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
...that Malcolm Landgraab's initials are Roman Numerals.

MLIII ...or... 1053
You're off by one. The playable guy is Malcolm Landgraab IV. MLIII is his deceased father.

Quote: Originally posted by Aria711
Today I found out that Sims can react negatively to the Gossip interaction–they refuse to Gossip about other Sims. Maybe it has to do with their number of nice points, their relationship with the other Sim...not sure. But it was interesting to see.
I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but it's the relationship. If the two sims don't know each other very well, the gossip will be rejected. Nobody's going to like some stranger going around airing the neighbors' dirty laundry all over town.

Quote: Originally posted by Duvelina
You get +10 points in the headmaster scenario (private school) if you get the headmaster in the hot tub.
The real challenge is getting him back OUT of it again!
Mad Poster
#6174 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:39 PM
There is a thing you can put on a counter, looks like a white plastic cutting board. Always wondered what it was for; noticed today on a business/community lot if you put something on it that would otherwise be saleable you can't direct someone to BUY. This was a pre-build community lot, and some buyable things are not accessible, so I moved a jewelry stand to a counter that had the thing on it, and couldn't buy.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6175 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:36 PM
That's a Magisplay. It's a kind of non-custom OMSP. You put it onto a surface in a store, place six objects on it, and the customer now has a choice of six items to buy on that surface.

But you don't buy the jewelry stand, you buy from the jewelry stand, so the code is throwing up its hands in despair and going on strike.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 247 of 445