Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:02 AM
Default Mesh/Model Switch?
Say I have a bed someone cloned from a couch and I want to make it work as a bed. Can I clone a bed and then someone exchange that bed's mesh/model for this one's to get it to work?
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:36 PM
You can do that using TSRW and milkshake. The bed is made up of the bed frame and the mattress and pillows. And each of these have their own assigned joints. So clone the bed of your choice, and export the high LOD as .wrk file. Import into milkshape. Highlight and hide all the mesh group of mattress and pillow so you are left with the bed frame alone.

Now adjust the frame would want to convert to fit the bed frame of the cloned bed. When you are ok with it, give your new frame the same name as the cloned bed frame. In the joints tab, you have to assign your frame to the joint that the original frame had. If you select a joint and click self assign, it will show you the mesh that is attached to the joint. When you find it, select your new frame, and click on assign to assign the joint to it.

Export your work, and report into TRSW . Do the same for the medium and low parts too.

Hope I made sense to you
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
You can do that using TSRW and milkshake. The bed is made up of the bed frame and the mattress and pillows. And each of these have their own assigned joints. So clone the bed of your choice, and export the high LOD as .wrk file. Import into milkshape. Highlight and hide all the mesh group of mattress and pillow so you are left with the bed frame alone.

Now adjust the frame would want to convert to fit the bed frame of the cloned bed. When you are ok with it, give your new frame the same name as the cloned bed frame. In the joints tab, you have to assign your frame to the joint that the original frame had. If you select a joint and click self assign, it will show you the mesh that is attached to the joint. When you find it, select your new frame, and click on assign to assign the joint to it.

Export your work, and report into TRSW . Do the same for the medium and low parts too.

Hope I made sense to you

I believe I understand what you are saying. A follow up question is the same question but a different mesh like say a toilet or outside trashcan. I imagine its similar but I'm doubting theres always 3 parts and of course different parts to hide or not.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
I believe I understand what you are saying. A follow up question is the same question but a different mesh like say a toilet or outside trashcan. I imagine its similar but I'm doubting theres always 3 parts and of course different parts to hide or not.

I don't understand the question. Could you explain it more like what you want to do with the toilet or trash can. That will help me to understand your question
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:24 PM
I don't understand the question. Could you explain it more like what you want to do with the toilet or trash can. That will help me to understand your question

Simply switch models like a square 'bucket' for the toilet or a barrel for the trash can.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:18 AM
It can be done. Import the toilet or trash can into milkshape and adjust the bucket or drum to fit the size of the toilet or trash can. Then give the bucket or the drum same name as the toilet or trash can name, and go Tue joints, then delete the mesh of the toilet or trash can, then import the new meshes into TSRW.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:28 AM
It can be done. Import the toilet or trash can into milkshape and adjust the bucket or drum to fit the size of the toilet or trash can. Then give the bucket or the drum same name as the toilet or trash can name, and go Tue joints, then delete the mesh of the toilet or trash can, then import the new meshes into TSRW.

Thanks. When I can get some free time I'll give it a try.