Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 4:09 AM
Default Help with post-shower outfit tuning
I am trying to create a mod that prevents Sims from changing in to a towel after showering/bathing at a gym or spa. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong with my tuning!

Upon taking a look at all of the shower_TakeShower interactions, I noticed that the game always runs a test to see if the Sim is showering at a spa/gym, as shown below.

So my first instinct was to be as minimally invasive as possible and wipe out all of the code that's within that test. That didn't work... on to the next idea.

For every single shower_TakeShower interaction (there's like 40 because of the addition of baths, privacy/no privacy variations, energized/not energized variations, etc), I removed the following lines highlighted in the image below:

I might not have highlighted all of the tags perfectly, but I do make sure everything is open and closed properly when actually editing. You'll see that I remove anything and everything pertaining to towels or gym tests. That still doesn't work and my Sims are still changing in to towels.

What am I doing wrong? Any feedback, hints, or help would be so, so appreciated because I am ready to bang my head on my desk lol. I am still quite new to snippet tuning as you can probably tell.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 11:20 PM
My first thought was a mod I use for the opposite effect- Zero's Always Wear a Towel After Shower and Bath. If you look through their edits for what had to be added (and to which interactions) to achieve that functionality, you may be able to glean what needs to be removed to eliminate it.

You may also want to test with no other mods in play, just to rule out the potential that something was actually overwriting your tuning.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.