Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#3151 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:52 AM
@tysika Yes, I think I will play more with those settings as the current one isn't going so well.

I'm trying to create clear, non-tropical weather that suits moodier worlds. This seems to be something that is extremely hard for me.

an attempt at non-tropical weather in Bridgeport

Then for fun I tried the same weather in Isla Paradiso. Is it just me, but why does it give TS2 vibes?

VS Vanilla:
1 and 2.

Let me guess, everybody prefers vanilla
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3152 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 7:09 PM
Haven't posted any pics for awhile now but decided to share a few now for getting halfway to fortieth generation. Hard to believe it's still the same familyline I started the game with when the Sims 3 came out. Anyway, my plans with Sha'ira Serafino didn't go the way I had planned. She was supposed to be a succesful resort owner since I haven't tried that yet and even had the whole resort build ready. But, she decided to go and fall in love with Alistair Grout, who is a Professor of Psychiatry and also a vampire, pretty much on top of the hierarchy in Hidden Springs... and married. But sometimes there's just two sims that instantly click and that's it. I have had this happen a few times before and I know better than to try and fight it. Besides, I really like them.

So, here's Sha'ira...

And...
Mad Poster
#3153 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 2:36 AM
It does remind me of TS2 @MeowMixPls, especially in the Bridgeport shot. The lighting looks flat and unconvincing, but it's so silly that I could see myself actually enjoying it in gameplay. They look like very jolly little worlds.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3154 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 6:45 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 1:30 PM.
I got back to Finnington and played my Fordyce family for a bit. Up till now they've lived at Impeccable Manor, but I've long planned to replace it with a house especially built for them. But since there was another lot just the right size for it, previously occupied by a house nobody seemed to want, I placed it here.

It's true they no longer have a swimming pool, but they do have a beach all to themselves. It is built in the Tudor style, has five bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, a study and a billiard room - well, for lack of a proper billiard table, its a pool room.

This is Corina learning the finer points of the game from her Aunt Alison. She'll be heading off to university soon, so knowing which end of a pool cue is which might come in handy.

Here is a view from the gallery overlooking the great hall. Except for the grand piano it is quite sparsely furnished, but it will be useful for social functions like weddings. The spiral stairway at the end of the gallery leads up to an attic room which will be an artists studio for Larry Fordyce.

BTW, that is Cosima playing the piano. She is Jerry's former imaginary/now real friend. She made a bee line straight for the piano as soon as they moved in, and appears to have ambitions to become a concert pianist. Once again, thank you for the Children Can mods Kapaer.

They'd hardly settled in when it was time for Corina's prom. But where in hell was the limousine?

Answer: waiting for her at the other end of the street, right outside Impeccable Manor! Somebody should have told the chauffeur they'd moved!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#3155 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:48 AM
@AGuyCalledPi It made me want to play TS2 so bad. Happier times
@Gargoyle Cat Awwww that great dane(?) is so adorable! Also, I'm more worried about Bonehilda becoming meaty after being shocked rather than getting hair
Field Researcher
#3156 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 5:32 AM
Working on chapter 6 after a hiatus (because I was mad at my game, LOL) - didn't get any pics tonight for the chapter, but I did get some more sets/extras done. Then I took some silly pics of my favorite vampire, who is the villain of the story. I made him on a whim, and I just love him to pieces, even though he's a jerk.

"I'd bite me. I'd bite me SO HARD..."

Nyar, you are not fooling anyone. (Yes, his name is Nyarlathotep. Mmhm.)

Just a normal shot of his smug ass.

Which led to this. Bonus points if you guys get the reference. I know, wrong window.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Lab Assistant
#3157 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:28 AM
I downloaded a mod from some other sites, not sure if it's a Chinese site or Tumblr. Now my game is plagued by a Newsea fishnet leggings which is always set to valid for random for all age & gender. Since EasyCaspEditor is gone, I have no idea how to fix it. I accidentally updated the game to 1.69 back when it was new so now the Sims 3 Launcher will crash on me whenever I click on Downloaded & Installed Content tabs. My copy is an origin copy so I can't revert the patch. I attempted to use Nraas Dresser but the mod ends up creating more problems to me by enabling EVEN MORE stuff by enabling all sorts of Invalid For Ramdoms into the game. So yeah... it's been fun I guess?
Theorist
#3158 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 8:53 PM
Default As if twins were not enough--then there were quads...
The Byrd-Yakashima family is one I am currently playing. The husband, Doug is "Finnish and Japanese" ethnicity and the mother is just "American."

Anyhow--they had twin girls (who are toddlers now).
Aune:

Her name is Finnish.

And Ayumi (Japanese name)

They just had quads--2 boys named Naofumi and Naruto
and 2 girls, Dolores and Dyanna.

I'll post pix when t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶b̶s̶ babies transition to toddlers or kids.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#3159 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:43 PM
My game at the moment consists of random simmie shenanigans but mostly I've been working on my continuing project of filling up Saint Greer Islands.

Currently I just finished my orchard lot for the country part of town

Top Secret Researcher
#3160 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 5:27 AM
I'm debugging someone's world. It's a beautiful word but the hospital doesn't show up. I tried to Remove and Replace it, and no go. Turns out the Author tried to make a World Adventure type tomb out of it, but it appears the world is corrupted.
Yeah, I know how that goes, having had a couple of corrupted world's myself. I'm just wondering why it was uploaded to The Sims 3 website - the author had to know that the world had a bug.
Worst case, I'm going to pirate some of the houses for my own worlds, cuz they're pretty spiffy!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3161 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 2:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Mar 2019 at 10:44 PM.
My simself brought in the ingot of silver received in the mail and made out with Erik on the couch.

I didn't have much time today. Today is grocery day. My mother would have gone in the past couple of days, but the senior citizens get their social security and to be honest, the seniors are pretty rude and impatient... especially here in my town. Not to mention, our local ShopRite is located by a retirement villa, it's kind of walking into a mine field.

Some rude behaviors include blocking the middle of the aisle and holding conversations in the most inappropriate places like high traffic zones. Not to mention I seem to show better manners by moving my cart for access and I move as quickly to keep blockage of the area to the minimum.

I think it's been a couple of weeks since I was in The Sims 3, so I have been dealing with a lot of things.

Life, once again is getting in the way of my playing a creator goddess.

Monday, March 4, 2019

Got back to the multiversal safe house. Bought Erik and I a Dream Pod and yes, they gave the WooHoo test. My simself went collecting rocks, gems and metals in the rain and once again, wore a Sailor Guardian uniform. We ended up taking in another displaced person, Nikki Wong, who Jude recognized because they came from the same universe. Nikki's backstory in my story was she was living peacefully in Yellowknife, and she got sucked into a wormhole, while her parents were killed by a ray of light. Coincidentally, that was Jude's same backstory: He survived, his parents died, all in flashy manner.

It seems in the story I worked on, we can all rule out Eggman, Wily, Cortex and Ansem as the prime suspect for the abductions. Apparently Galeem found his way in and for some reason, a wormhole generator of some sort is in the details.

However, as long as these kids are to live on my simself's property, they will need to learning the skills of collection, gardening and fishing as my simself is busy looking for the other lost memories of their Goddess.

Note: any characters in their late teens are automatically bumped to Young Adults in the story. My simself is in her early 30s and her husband, Erik (a simself of Erik Estrada) is turning 70 and he's still a handsome man for his age. Long story short of how they got married? She proposed first in each stage of the relationship. He too was a victim of the wormholes and lost his third wife, his two sons and his daughter to Galeem.

My simself is an agent of the Multiversal Enforcement Agencies or MEA and usually is to keep people in their respective universes and Jude was constantly running to warn of nightmarish events to come, but she didn't listen.

Man, I haven't written a fanfiction story like this in decades (12 years old and was in love with writing). Crossovers are my specialty.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#3162 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:58 PM
Currently playing in my favourite store world, Monte Vista. I have a wine-making chef (Rosalita Guardia) and her artistic teacher love interest (Rosaria "Aria" Stefani, their names are too similar haha) who live with a sizeable produce garden and their 2 cats: an adopted stray leopard-pattern cat called Leo and an odd-eyed tuxedo cat called Uno they got from the shelter. They're both gay Virgos (just like me!) and they both have the Good Sense of Humour and Loves the Outdoors traits, literally perfect match.

They're currently on a romantic getaway to Shang Simla after Aria rolled a want to visit there, and naturally Rosalita took the opportunity to propose at Dragon Springs since it's so lovely there. :lovestruc

Mad Poster
#3163 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 6:45 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Mar 2019 at 8:26 PM. Reason: Clarity and grammar
Turned out Lee Unkrich's simself, who I was originally married to as my simself was living directly across the street after he left. Personally, that is a creepy acknowledgement.

Currently purging the world of houses that are occupied by premade Sims. In the event I get bored and want to be creative, I just purge occupied houses with premades by evicting about 4 at a time and once I get 4 on the clipboard, I delete them.

Right now, tension are high between my simself and Nikki Wong, who has the Loner and Dislikes Children trait. My simself is Childish.

Either way, I didn't know Lee just moved across the street from me and Erik and we reached a Faithful reputation.

I gave this town a new name Traverston, as a nod to the first Kingdom Hearts game's Traverse Town and given the local towns in my neck of the woods have English origin names. This would be the landing pad for the various characters displaced by Galeem and Dharkon's subordinates like

*Black Doom (from Shadow the Hedgehog, who can turn into Final Doom)

*Master Hand and Crazy Hand (from Smash Brothers series and they'll pull out all the trick from all five iterations)

*Dark Heart (the most evil Care Bears villain who actually trapped the Care Bears and the Care Bear Cousins in jeweled strands that prevented them from fighting back. Think about that... if that's him at his best, his worst must be most treacherous.)

*Metal Overlord (Metal Sonic infused with Chaos' liquid absorbing medium that was his body.)

*Infinite (The villain of Sonic Forces who was created to be a superior enemy to Sonic and defeat him once and for all.)

*The Zeti: Although it was either the Wii U or 3DS version had them killed off...Chaos acted on his accord to revive them. The Deadly Six were made of monsters not unlike the Japanese Oni, an ogre like monster who ate people's flesh, kidnapped babies and princesses, stole valuables and was the sworn enemies to holy samurai, who were spiritually protected by deities. However, the personalities set them apart from their inspiration and made them dysfunctional, some bearing personalities of the 7 Deadly Sins, including sins that were no longer viable by The Church like Sorrow in Zor's case.

*Chaos: My first villain I defeated when I was a serious gamer is part of the lineup. He's creepy, but according to a cutscene in his game Sonic Adventure, he was actually the protector of the defenseless Chao at the altar holding the Emeralds, both Chaos and Master

(Writing the story is a rough pass currently so this means results are going to vary. Also, I chose video game villains who were usually important bosses or end bosses (with the exception of Dark Heart, who was an animation villain) and that they were ones I was familiar with. As you can see, I am a BIG Sonic the Hedgehog fan.)

To recap:
Once upon a time, my simself was married to Lee Unkrich's simself (she even took Lee's family name, but for her, it meant a few extra letters in her signature.) Then, Erik Estrada's simself came in and flirted with my simself, throwing her around like a rag doll. Lee divorced, Erik married my simself, again changing her last name to his.

My simself comes from STEAM stock. Her mother works in space\time physics and is commissioned to crochet baby clothes and her father is involved in computer science and technology but also works as a kitchen manager and is second in command at an innovative restaurant (usually calling his daughter up to test new dishes).

However, two 16 year olds from Canada needed a place to stay after being dumped into Traverston. During their stay, almost every citizen disappeared from the town, only 3 houses were occupied. The Altos were the only rich family in town after the disappearances, leaving the Estradas as the second wealthiest and Lee, who lived across the street the destitute among the few citizens.

Essentially, when I do crossovers, I have a "go big or go home" mentality.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Inventor
#3164 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:05 AM
What's happening in my game now? I'm adding tons of slots to EA furniture because I'm tired of using OMSP or other tricks to get the amount of clutter and deco I want. I started with vanities:

54 SLOTS!!! Got a little carried away.

It's not difficult to do but it's VERY time-consuming. Once I'm done with vanities, I'll probably do dressers and shelves (the two objects I put the most clutter). But who knows, maybe I'll start adding slots everywhere. It's so much fun

Eventually (when I feel I've done enough), I'll probably upload it to MTS.
Field Researcher
#3165 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:29 AM
When my sim goes to Shang Simla...

Zhan: Hey do you have an extra Plumbob? Mine broke when I fell for you!

Shen: Lol bro isn't that the one we read from how to get your first woohoo?
Zhan: ...

> Meanwhile Shen saying good morning to his anime waifu.
Field Researcher
#3166 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:26 PM
While doing the Crumplebottom challenge, I put a belled collar on Mr. Tibbles. I did not know that it would continuously jingle and actually got up off my butt and looked around my actual house to see if one of my cats was playing with a bell. *facepalm* I need some sleep. XD

Dead Ringers
Field Researcher
#3167 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 5:10 AM
Poor pupper! About the only thing my cats do is try to pounce on the sims as they walk off-screen. I've got a Staffy mix, though, who insists on sitting on my feet when I sim. Wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't gassy AND didn't weigh 80 pounds. XD

Dead Ringers
Mad Poster
#3168 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 7:34 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Mar 2019 at 7:59 AM.
Gemini will usually bother me if she wants my attention. This includes jumping on my control panel of ergonomic keyboard and ergonomic mouse.

She had at least once done this. She usually sits on top of my smartphone as her attempt for attention.

Usually, with pets, there is no way personal space will last.

Mad Poster
#3169 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:48 PM
Well, not much happening since my computer died. We hit a financial complication, so it's impeding my game.

But the last time I had access, I moved Mario and Luigi into Sunset Valley.

Test Subject
#3170 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:28 AM
Just aged up my cranky wizard twins in my game and my goodness... :lovestruc

I feel like I have a Targaryen and a Jon Snow in my game. lol
Mad Poster
#3171 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:14 AM
That's totally Jon Snow yeah! But better-looking if you ask me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3172 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:45 PM
I started a Nothing is Free challenge. Now, I always have a personal rule that if I have to choose between official challenge rules vs plot/story/emotional bond I’ll break challenge rule, so long as it’s minor and within spirit of the game. But I have to “write” a compelling story about why it had to be done for plot’s sake.

I’ve never actually dobe that before. But I did it for the first time.

I made my founder an eccentric,socially awkward loner slob. The only available man for her to marry was a neat party animal with no sense of humor. I play sims in character. My sim had never once cleaned anything– even when a raccoon attacked the garbage can several times.

The guy would enter the lot and immediately leave because the lot was so gross. So I decided to get an unwitting maid. When the paperboy stopped over, I befriended him and then kept asking him to clean until he cleaned everything a kid could do. Then he hung around the house reading, presiding over royal court and joyriding, playing with my baby chicks and requesting pillow fights. He was so so cute!

I asked the guy over again, thinking he’d finall stay. But he left again. I saw the bubble for the “hates art” trait. It turned out all this time, he wasn’t leaving because my yard was messy. He was leaving because I have tons of trashy clutter in the yard – and he thought it was too fancy! So I gave up on him. I’d wait for another guy. Meanwhile, my paper boy came over and we had pillow fights and he did more adorable kid stuff. And he cleaned up without my asking him to.

I saw from an nraas notification that a new male paparazzi spawned. I was looking for him on the map, when I started thinking about my poor paperboy. I realized he was the first one that spawned and he was probably going to age up.. and since he was a role sim, he’d disappear. He and my sim were best friends by now. I thought, man I’ll never get a spouse anywhere near as fun as the paperboy.

So I moved him into my game. There’s no courthouse in town and so adoption breaks a rule of the challenge. My “story” is that he’s a runaway from an orphanage and my sim unofficially just takes him in.

I gave him one random face roll in CAS to cute him of pudding face. Then he aged up less than 2 hours after I added him to the family. Whew! That was close! He turned into a very handsome sweet faced teen, way better looking than my founder.

I wanted him to be a sculptor, but his traits, bookworm and hates outdoors made him perfect for a writer. Also added to narrative of him reading and playing pretend all day in my house when left alone. He’s unlocking the library (not the bookstore, because I’m planning on putting rabbit hole rug in library basement later)

Sorry so long. This is my favorite family in years. Wished I switched back to TS3 years ago.
Scholar
#3173 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 1:05 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 1:19 PM.
Corina Fordyce just finished her first term at university. She passed her exam with flying colours, so she decided to celebrate with a big party. I guess you could say it was a big hit...

Because just as she was lighting the bonfire everything suddenly went dark and, next thing you know, a massive space rock landed right where I'd put the juice keg. Fortunately the guests had only just started arriving so nobody was using it. Half the campus turned up then, just so they could stand around doing the traditional sim fire dance - i.e. panic. Corina put out most of the fires herself, and then three firefighters turned up to put out the last one.

"You guys ought to be more careful in future," says one of them. Oh yeah, I'll certainly be careful not to have a space rock fall on my house in future, I've sure learned my lesson officer!

Fortunately there were no fatalities, and the massive space rock fetched over 4000 Simoleons, which more than covered the damages.

Now what am I going to do with this huge dent in my garden?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#3174 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:09 AM Last edited by kewpie : 25th Mar 2019 at 7:03 PM.
I think the game is conspiring against my junkyard girl. I decided she could still find a husband and have kids. No males spawned for a week. Then one did, and he’s another one seemed custom made not to get along with her.

Diva - slower social gains and stronger negative reactions to bad socials. My socially awkward sim also has slower social gains AND she is more prone to failing at socials.

Unflirty: He will accept a few of the most tame romance things, but for the most part, he’s NOT into it. I didn’t know socially awkward sims might balk at woohoo. It makes sense though.

Avant-garde; not sure about how it works, but I’m guessing he’d not do well in a junky messy house.

Update;

Avant-garde is great for s messy house. He loves the junk clutter. He walks around the yard giving it critique and clapping. I know avant-garde folk irl who love shabby stuff so that works.

I decided to move him in, so I could get him to flirt with her. She’s NOT into it... I’ll try for a bit, but I’ll have to move him out if they won’t even attempt to try for baby.

My sim just can’t get a break!

Update: I got pics working! Edit Or not... I’ll need to find a different host again or learn to work this better.

Here’s how she looked most of the time when he was flirting with her. He sensed that she was creeped out and scared.

Here’s the face the guy pulled right after I FINALLY got them to woohoo.

I have no idea why these pics aren’t working
Field Researcher
#3175 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:36 AM
@Kewpie Cuz you're not using imgur, the one true king of image hosting

Anyway, I was browsing tumblr, and these photos kept popping up. The ts4 ones with "doll-houses". Following herd behavior I made my own ts3 "dollhouse" and it was actually really fun.

Page 127 of 161