Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 7:14 PM
Default Time Elapsation while visiting community lots
I'm fairly sure this has been discussed before, but my forum searching has turned up null. Generally the scenario is that when you go to visit a comunity lot, you come back and the time is exactly the time you left, only your motives are changed. I understand that theres the problem of what is happening while you were away, and cirtical things that might (or might not) occur during that time.

I'm guessing that when you leave for a lot, it sends the time you are departing to the lot you're visiting along with your motives, so we know its possible to do it one way. However its a comunity lot, and no one lives there making it possible to jump in at any time without having to worry about what they are doing.

Generally I'm looking for as to whether or not it is actually possible, or if it would be too complex that we would be quite literally rewriting the game.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 7:15 PM
Oh someone had a go at doing this already - I think it might have been Crammyboy at MATY. I never got round to trying it out.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:48 PM
Do you have a link?
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:56 PM
You can search the board yourself, here is the link:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php

I will say that In Life Stories, the time did not change when you visited a community lot. In Pet Stories, it does.

I do not know though, EP by EP, whether this behavior is consistent for all the versions.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 12:04 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Aug 2007 at 12:11 AM.
The hack you want is by crammyboy @ MATY -- directlink:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0

It is still beta for a reason (read the thread -- nothing gamebreaking, but make sure you have Inge's teleporter shrub installed in case sims don't return as planned), but apart from that it's entirely awesome. One of the hacks I refuse to play without -- it does, in a way, "rewrite the game": install this, and the LotSyncTimer (MATY), and Numenor's CommLotSleeping (mts2), and watch the bizarrely warped universe of Maxian time turn into a simple, straightforward and logical one.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 4:22 PM
Thanks a lot. Wasn't expecting this to turn into a 'where can I find' thread :p. Sorry about the mess