Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 3:12 AM Last edited by LizzLove : 22nd Sep 2005 at 4:07 AM. Reason: upload new files
Default Listing of bhav differences between Uni and NL (Updated)
Ok I put up new versions of the files These are using the latest version of DisaSim2 (22e).
While I have been told that SimPe, and disasim2 may not yet be reading the bhav files correctly and so the listing may not be completely correct, I have looked at the output and compared it what SimPE says, and it matches.

I decided that it is good enough for what we want it for. That is, a quick way to browse/search through all the changes to get a better idea as to the impact on our mods. DO NOT take the data in these files as gospel. These two files are just a quick way to look for changes you may have to make to get your mods working again.

Before you make any changes BE SURE to be using the latest version of SimPE and any plugins.

In the zip file are two files:
1. The changes (comparing NL to Uni) and new code from Uni to NL (Nightlife changes.txt)
2. The changes (comparing Uni to NL), and Missing code that was in Uni, but is now gone from NL (Uni to Nightlife Changes.txt)

[End Edit]

I really need this to see if any of my mods are going to cause any problems and how to fix it if they do. But after a few hours of looking at three copies of SimPE (One with my mod, One with Uni objects, and one with NL objects) I was about to tear my hair out. :mad:

So I wrote something to help me out. Been a while since I did any windows work, but I have most of it working well. It compares the output from disasims2 for the Uni objects.package and the NL objects.package.
The attached file is the output from this comparison.

This lists all the new bhavs from NL, bhavs that were in Uni and are now missing from Nightlife, and any changes between Uni and NL.

I still don't have the text list part of the dissim2 output working yet, so the files just indicate that they found a string table. I may have a few more tweaks to the change listing code coming up, but did not want to hold up getting this info out while I got things perfect. When I get a better output including the text lists I will upload a new version.

This should help all of us that work with bhavs get our mods working right again, and help us be sure that everything is working right.

To use these lists just un-zip them to a folder (someplace that you can find again ) and open with any text browser. I found the easiest way was to use disasim2 on my mods then search for each bhav in my mod in the change list. I search for group/instance or title. This way I can see if anything changed pretty quickly, and have a good idea what changed.

Lizz

Here are examples from the files.
New listings look like this.....

++++++++++++++++++ String Table +++++++++++++++++++++
# Group = 0x7F0025EC
# Name Reference: Memory_Scholarship13, Instance = 0x41A7

************* New ******************
# Group = 0x7F0136DC, Instance = 0x2029
# Title = Sub - Link Invited Passengers

************* Missing ******************
# Group = 0x7F234024, Instance = 0x1002
# Title = Interaction - Set Drowned

Changed bhavs will look like this.....
(NL= the Nightlife line)
(UNI= The University line)
------------------- Changed ----------------------
# Group = 0x7F0136DC, Instance = 0x2004
# Title = Vehicle - Get In
NL = # Format = 8009, Params = 1, Locals = 2
UNI = # Format = 8007, Params = 0, Locals = 2
NL = # Tree type = 0, Header flag = 6, Tree version = FFFF8012 (-32750)
UNI = # Tree type = 0, Header flag = 0, Tree version = FFFF8009 (-32759)
NL = 1: Push Interaction: #0x0 of Local 1 onto the stack object's queue, inherited priority, use icon from Local 1, Icon Index is 0x0; true: 4, false: false
UNI = 1: Push Interaction: #0x0 of Local 1 onto the stack object's queue, inherited priority, use icon from Local 1, Icon Index is 0x0; true: 4, false: 5
NL = 4: Idle for Input: Handle Sub Queue Interactions; true: 5, false: false
UNI = 4: Idle for Input: Handle Sub Queue Interactions; true: 6, false: false
NL = 5: Relationship: Access var 0 of Local 1 to Me. Put value into Local 0, fail if too small; true: 6, false: false
UNI = 5: Break Point: ; true: false, false: error
NL = 6: Local 0 == 2; true: A, false: false
UNI = 6: Relationship: Access var 0 of Local 1 to Me. Put value into Local 0, fail if too small; true: 7, false: false
NL = 7: .Sub - Link Invited Passengers(Local 1, Param 0); true: 9, false: error
UNI = 7: Local 0 == 2; true: true, false: false
NL = 8: Group - Add Members to Rider List(Me); true: 7, false: error
UNI =
NL = 9: Temp 0 := Local 1; true: true, false: error
UNI = ###

(Ok uploads are working again, so here the files are at last)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  nightlife bhav changes 01.zip (578.9 KB, 74 downloads) - View custom content
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 8:46 PM
thankyou.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:05 PM
Thank you