Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#876 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 3:16 AM
OK, which career rewards do you use? Also, you don't really need a mod to unlock them. There is already a cheat built into the game to unlock them (unlockcareerrewards). You have to have tce enabled first though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#877 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:31 PM
I used to use another cheat at one time though it would only unlock for your active family on their home lot.I've had THIS one is what I have used for a long time to help with that and to be able to place these items on any lot in my town in buy mode.
Instructor
#878 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 12:14 AM
I guess I don't use the cheat often enough to put a mod in for it. About the only reward I really use is the plastic surgery one to make townies decent looking, lol.
Mad Poster
#879 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:16 AM
I use the pinball machines and charisma podiums along with the bookcases on community lots and in common areas of apartments for residents to take advantage of them and two of those things can save sims from going bankrupt before fiding a job or having to take a job they don't want just to earn money to pay bills.I actually have my game Modded and hacked to kingdome come and it's not even come close toslowing it down and that's not counting the tons of custom foods and objects I installed.
Instructor
#880 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 17th Jun 2020 at 11:48 PM.
Do you have Bon Voyage? If so, your sims can dig holes in the ground and find stuff to sell. That's how I started out my challenge. The map pieces sell for $400 each! There is a very small chance that you can get the Ming Vase too, but it's rare.

Also, since you love to play medieval themes, here are a bunch of sites that you can find d/l's for them:

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/index.php

https://themedievalsmithysims2.blogspot.com/

https://lidiqnatasims2.webs.com/medieval.htm

http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/index/tag/Downloads

https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/cat...s/medieval-ish/

Feenwald homepage: http://www.feenwald.de/en/index.php

and their medieval themes: http://www.feenwald.de/en/kl_antik.php

I believe the last site also has a "medieval" Myshuno game. There are also "medieval" doll houses for children. I used the first 2 sites for my Island challenge. I think you can even find chamber pots on one of the first 2 sites. It's kind of funny though to watch the sims "flush" a chamber pot, LOL. On the Island Challenge, the sims are isolated on a deserted island and have none of the modern conveniences,LOL I also used some invisible appliances. There is also a "root cellar" that is cloned from a refrigerator. I had my sims grow all of their food which was nice since there was no grocery store. I also had a farm wagon that was horse drawn for a "car."]

ETA: I'm pretty sure there are lots of Sims 3 medieval sites.
Mad Poster
#881 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 3:03 PM
I've already got tons of that kind of content though those links can help for others playing this challenge or in case I lost some of my content by accident.I've got a crazy amount of CC and much of it is medevieval for my TOT and homesteader's challenges.I'm playing on UC which is the full collection and have all of the features.
Instructor
#882 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 4:20 PM
We sound very much alike, LOL I also have tons of mods and CC. I'm setting up a hood now for a landlord and I may well get that mod that allows for "subsidized housing."
Mad Poster
#883 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 5:24 PM
That's actually found in the M&G stuff pack and the items are green energy sources which have to be placed while building and setting up the apartment complex.Here's an example of the housing subsidy in action in one of my games at a boarding house I built.They got a check for over 10000$ each day the letter carrier dropped off their mail.
Instructor
#884 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 6:12 PM
I was talking about the mod you mentioned earlier. I did put a couple of solar panels on my one house. How many windmills and solar panels do you have on that lot?
Mad Poster
#885 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 6:57 PM
I've often had dozens of each type of the two more epensive ones and some got placed on the roof of the building.I probably had about 100 of the two types I placed on there in total and it caused the 10000$ rebate checks from the letter carrier to be dropped off instead of them having to pay bills.
Instructor
#886 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 9:06 PM
OK, That sounds about right. The mod I was referring to earlier is the "Cheapy Living" one w/the broken pipe or the pipe that breaks often. Of course, I can't do it for this family (poverty to riches one), but I'm building up another hood for this.
Mad Poster
#887 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 6:33 AM
I won't have all of my poverty families make it out of poverty because not all of them will want the subsidized housing and some just won't know about it.
Instructor
#888 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 1:39 AM
Hi Tad Olson! You like to play medieval sims and situations, I just found this lot that you might be interested in.

https://www.modthesims.info/d/635968/
Mad Poster
#889 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 6:33 AM
I love playing in different situaltions from homesteaders to colonization in TOT and apocalypse challenges,Povertty challenges involve trying to get as many of the town's families to rise above their poverty and try to prosper and to help those unable or unwilling to try rising out of poverty to make the best of their situations and manage to have happy lives despite their poverty.
Instructor
#890 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 9:51 PM Last edited by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree : 19th Aug 2020 at 1:57 AM.
This is more fun than I expected. I broke a couple of irrelevant rules like choosing a small 1x1 lot because I didn't want to deal with a huge lot and I visited a couple of times other community lots but I used the same objects like the ones in provided lots.

The story is that 19 year old Venus lost her family in a fire and became homeless. Unable to ne accepted into homeless shelter, she had no choice bjtto sleep on the street. While staying in various parks she adopted her feline friend (I forgot its name lmao). After series of pickpocketing, she could afford a tent, and then she came across to an abandoned home which was full of essential furniture. The home she found was obviously extremely old and dirty, but she was thankful to have a roof over her head. Unable to find a job because of her homeless status and dirty clothes, she was dumbster diving and shoplifting. Being extremely talented in playing the guitar and drawing she would her art and preform on the streets. That made her in a much better financial position and she was able to find a job in a family restaurant as a dishwasher.
To be continued...

Now what actually happened:
I was extremely lucky with money that it got too easy and annoying. I didn't find anything that says that digging is banned so I did that. I dug up two treasure chests and a ton of maps in two sim days and (all in a couple days after the challenge started) so I'm loaded for this challenge. I'm planning to decorate my home in a boho shabby style. I also force my sim to paint a lot and sell paintings. I also adopted a townie cat, idk if that was aloud.
I'll check if this is aloud, but I'm planning to buy a tattoo shop/saloon as when my sim becames loaded.

Edit: It's not aloud to start a business. Playing it multiple generations is unappealing to me, I'll set a goal for my Sim to become rich by the time she dies of old age since I was lucky in from the start.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#891 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 1:11 PM
@grandma_on_a_killing_spree -I actually only disallowed owning businesses if the town is very small because of the small poulation though it would be allowed only if the family had enough money to buy the community lot for the business without bankrupting their household.It's allowed that your family can make their way out of poverty in my modified rules as poverty isn't something they should get stuck with unless they had no drive to work their way back out of it.I would only allow sims to buy an undevoped community lot to build their business on or to set one up on their home lot before registering it.
Page 36 of 36