Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:44 PM
Default what is considered high poly for ts3 objects
Hiya!
This might be a stupid question does anyone happen to know what is considered high poly for objects in ts3 as I have tried lowering poly count on these clutter objects that only had 1 lod and 1 model and they came out looking like poo so I only have poly that are like 4k and under is that safe for ts3?
The original Creator used 3d models for her objects from ts2 which I know are normally higher in poly count.
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:21 PM
Just as a guess I would try to come close to the poly count of a similar item in Sims 3. So if a sofa has 500 polys a sofa you make shouldn't have too many more than that.

That's pretty much how things seemed to work in Sims 2 and my bet is that Sims 3 won't be much different.

I downloaded a few items in Sims 2 that had obviously just been converted over from someone else's free 3D mesh and the poly counts were incredibly high...even though I have a decent computer I had a few such items that would cause my computer to choke when I put them into the game and the game moved in a jerky way if I had too many of that kind of object in all at once. After that, when I started making items for Sims 2 I let the game be my guide and if I was going to go over their poly count by much I would clearly label the item as a high poly item so people could download at their own risk.

OM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
Thank you very much OM for the answer I was seeking