Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:53 PM
Default Ideas for Overpopulated Community Weddings?
I've got six new university grads, all paired up and waiting to get married. I've built the church, St. Augustine's, and there's a space upstairs nicely outfitted for the reception.

The first wedding I plan to throw is that of Dreama Kilburn and Garrett Portnoy. Dreama is an only child, but Garrett has a sister, Cecily, who is one of the uni grads. She's engaged to Angelo, also a Uni grad. Two other Uni friends are Rosa-Maria and Lorenzo, who are engaged to each other. (I like things all nice and neat when they're done university. No wasting time.)

Okay, so, Garrett and Dreama have four Uni friends who MUST be invited to the wedding, and Dreama has two parents and Garrett has two parents. Dreama also has an aunt who has lived with the family, Aunt Lois, the younger sister of Dreama's dad, a very cool chick who loves cooking and men. Dreama and Lois are very close, so I think Lois should attend the wedding.

So that's 11 people so far that HAVE to come to this wedding. The limit is eight. What do I do?

I plan to throw the wedding at St. Augustine's, obviously, but even if I use the 'Manage Groups' thing on the phone - which is great, by the way - I don't think I'll be able to get everybody there, it'll be too many people.

I've looked at everyone's work schedules and Sunday seems to be a good day to hold the wedding. The only one that won't be able to make it is Lois, the favourite aunt, but even without her it's still ten people, which is still too many.

I'd appreciate a solution to this problem, because when it comes to Lorenzo and Rosa-Maria's wedding, it'll be worse. Same bunch of friends, but even more relatives. Lorenzo has two grandparents who live with his family; his grandfather is a hugely fat old man (thanks to a recent mod! I love it!) whom everyone loves, and his grandmother is scrawny and mean but I still think she should be at the wedding.

Any advice will be appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
So that's 11 people so far that HAVE to come to this wedding. The limit is eight. What do I do?

I'd appreciate a solution to this problem, because when it comes to Lorenzo and Rosa-Maria's wedding, it'll be worse.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Do you mean some solution other than just raising the lot limit with a cheat? Something like intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]?

Mine is right at the top of my userStartup.cheat.

uintProp maxTotalSims 14
uintProp maxTotalHumans 14
uintProp maxTotalPets 6
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 13

I use Simlogical's Meeting Controller more than other methods for getting them there.
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:14 PM
Get a mod to invite more people to the party and/or use a teleporter to summon everyone else. You can also call and invite extra people over, once you start the party. There are a bunch of different teleporters out there, but this time I'm voting for the sim manipulator because you can extend the party timer with it too.

ETA--also if you are summoning/teleporting sims in, their schedules won't matter and they will show up.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:45 PM
the maxnumofvisitiingsims cheat can help with inviting through phone's party invitation dialog. you can put any number in the cheat; though if the number is more than what the computer could handle, game might crash.

teleporters can summon any character; regardless of cheats or of schedules. also regardless of whether household knows them or not. the one I use most frequently is insimenator.

another method of summoning could be witch's spell.
Link Ninja
#5 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:58 PM
if you have the simblender or teleprotation cat on the lot, you can just teleport in all the extra guests, but also make sure to have that cheat mentioned above active so that they don't just walk off as soon as you unpause

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:48 PM
If you make any of them selectable and they should be at work or school you might miss a day, so place down the simlogical sign as well to stop that. I find a mixture of group outing with teleported works out okay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:33 AM
@joandsarah77, do you have to worry about missing work if it's a community lot?

Anyway, wanted to add links:
Simwardrobe's ThrowMassiveParties: https://simfileshare.net/folder/15677/
(As always, thanks to Bulbizarre for the archive)
Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,16951.0.html
Aaroneous's Sim Manipulator: http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...sim-manipulator
(Again, any teleporter [inge's, christianlov's, sim blender, insiminator, etc.] will work, but for this situation I think sim manipulator is best because it you can also extend the party timer with it)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:39 AM
On an owned lot you do -not sure about unowned as 98% of my comm lots are owned.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:59 AM
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:31 PM
Thanks for the advice you guys! I've now downloaded ThrowMassiveParties and the SimManipulator, which I think is all I should need. Yahoo, I can't wait to see this wedding!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:14 PM
Aren't there also mods for no limit on outing numbers and no relationship requirements to invite sims on outings? If anyone would prefer to have wedding outings instead of wedding parties on community lots. Or did I dream them?! :-D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:24 PM
@lauratje86 - No link at the moment (check awesome things thread) but there's a mod that makes Sims automatically join the group as soon as you click the option, without having to trudge across the lot and actually ask them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:21 PM
Oh yes, I have that. Ugh can't think what its called and my download folder is kind of messy right now. If I find it I will post the name.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM