Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 8:41 AM
Default Can't go On *Epilogue* Waking Dreams
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:04 PM
Default Introduction

5 Months, that was all it had been, it sometimes felt like a week, Diana couldn't understand that, it should feel like a lifetime. She was hungry, so she started to make lunch, but she didn't really care, Her mind was still with the day 5 months ago, when it had all changed for good. She started eating, but it was mechanical and automatic, it was something she needed to, but it was not what she wanted to do. She didn't want to eat, she just wanted to go back 5 months, but she couldn't do that.

It felt strange really, Diana thought as she glanced up at the giant picture in front of her, she had everything she wanted, a nice bungalow, a loving family, and so many other things, but there was something missing, A something that could never be found, a hole that could never be sewn up. Diana didn't know what she could do about it, she didn't know how she would go on. All she could do was write about how she felt about this in a story, it was all she could think of doing to temporarily fill this hole of guilt she had to live with from now on.

Diana heard a recognisable whining coming from near where the TV was, Rosie must be feeling lonely, so she went over toher and began to rub her belly, she had to take care of the little spaniel, she was all she had left.
Time passed in a whirl and sooner than she expected it was 8:00. Yawning widely, she went to make herself dinner. Macaroni this time, something she had always loved. But, yet again, she wasn't eating this because she wanted to, she was eating because she needed to, to have food in her body to keep her going for another few days. All she wanted to do right now was to waste away and die, but then who would take care of Rosie? The little dog adored her, and wouldn't be able to take the pain if Diana selfishly killed herself.

Yawning widely, Diana walked to her bedroom. Rosie was curled up on the bed, sleeping. Normally, Diana would push her off, and tell her to use her own bed or she would be sleeping outside, but this time, she didn't really mind. Diana missed the warmth of another in the bed, and Rosie made good company. Although quite suddenly Diana remembered that she couldn't go to bed, not yet. The was still something she needed to do.

As she walked outside, a gentle breeze caressed her face, she put her hand up to her cheek, a tear trickling down her face. That had felt like Chris's touch, the wind's hand made his own. She walked up to the cold stone, stepping carefully to avoid steping on the daisies that were growing around it.
Diana noticed that some weeds had begun to invade on the turf, they had no place there. Diana kneeled down and gently pulled the weeds out. Then she touched the stone and closed her eyes. She could remember it as if it were yesterday, She and Chris were walking out the pizzeria, when a man high on drugs drove past an opened fire on them, if Chris hadn't used himself as a shield to protect her, she wouldn't be alive today, but she wished their places had been switched, that she had died and Chris had lived, but that wasn't about to happen. It broke her heart to be so close to him but so far away.

At long last, Diana changed into her victorian nightgown and got into bed. Every night, for 5 months, Diana had seen the moment of Chris's death as clearly as if she had been standing across the sidewalk, safe from the bullets. She would call and tell him to leave her, to save himself, but he couldn't hear her, she was looking at the memory, not the real thing. But maybe, what with Rosie there, things wouldn't be so bad. Diana knew that maybe, one day, she'd be able to forgive herself for what happened 5 months ago, but it wasn't going to be today, or tomorrow, she would just have to live through her pitiful life until then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:05 PM
I hope that was good, I'll get Chapter 1 up ASAP as soon as I decide what to put in it
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:41 PM
Certainly WAS good! I wan't to see more!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:54 PM
I am really looking forward to reading more of this story
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:04 PM
thanks, I'm glad this has a good start, hey I might get a star if I'm lucky

EDIT: hey did I do the title picture Ok?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:45 PM
This looks like it will be good. I feel bad for her But hopefully she'll figure things out. Your pictures are a bit fuzzy, but not so much that they detract from the story once you get used to them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 8:52 PM
ok good, I keep forgetting to improve the picture size and quality

Hey, how do you get a star?

EDIT: Hey guys could you rate this when you look at it?
And also the story will unfold as the chapters go on, at the end you will find out whether she finds love again, or she is never happy again, even I, who is writing the story, cannot wait to find out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 9:04 PM
my dads rebuilt my whole computer recently, so chapter 1 is delayed for now until I get the right stuff back. sorry if I cause any unrest
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:32 AM
I guess you'll start replying again when I get the new chapter, ok I'll get started on that
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 5:59 AM
ohhhh more more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 5:38 PM
as my dads just rebuilt the computer I had to get everything back cos I lost the files, which means making diana again so chap 1 is delayed a bit
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 5:47 PM
Default :)
I understand about loosing files and having to make Sims over again. I feel for you. This story is sad, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Diana. Hopefully, some good things are coming for her. Your story is really well written and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:09 PM
Aw, poor Diana... tis a really good start, though sad, and I want to read more! I love the big pretty lake picture things. Don't worry about it being delayed, we can wait!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:58 PM
aww you guys are so nice, no update tomorrow though, I'll be going to to the lille christmas market tomorrow, for the whle day I'll be waking up at 4:30 tomorrow ads well, the idea doesn't delight me :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 10:33 PM
bad news people, for some reason I keep losing my progress and my cc so no update till thats fixed
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 2:09 AM
take your time *stills waits impatiently*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:29 PM
lol, I just have to be careful not to lose my prog again
#19 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:51 PM
gr8 story jen keep up the good work. <3 <3.
Cassie (ur sister =P)
xxxx
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 7:39 AM
my sister? but I've never seen you before! just kidding cass, thanls
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 10:11 PM
Erm guys, I;m putting this post here because it concerns the story, for some reason, my sims fingers have fused together and I don't know how to get rid of it, I know others have this problem and if anyone knows how to get rid of it, post it here so we will all know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:05 PM
Default Chapter 1 *Looking back*
Chapter 1
Looking Back

Chris and Diana walked out of the pizzaria, happily engaged and planning to be married, they were talking about what would happen in the future.
"I can't believe it Di, last year we had only just met, and now we're engaged, it's incredible, I'm so glad I met you" Chris said in ectasy, meeting Diana had made his whole life turn around, they were now inseperable.
"I know Chris, and I agree" Diana replied smiling, "So when is the wedding?" She asked.
"Erm... when did we say it was going to be?...erm" Chris paused for a moment, "Oh yes, next month, in June, the 21st" he concluded.

Diana and Chris drew eachother into a long, passionate kiss, they were young, free, engaged and all but unaware of the growing danger. They walked on. Chris was the first to notice what was going on, he stopped so suddenly that Diana nearly walked into him. "Whats wrong?" she asked. Chris didn't reply, he was staring wide eyed, and terrified at somewhere up the road. Diana followed her gaze and saw a car with something black sticking out the window.

It happened too quickly for Diana to react. All she saw was a man with that look in his eyes that said he was high on drugs, probably cocaine, and holding a machine gun. Thin, black, deadly. Then Chris pushed her to the wall away from the danger, and then she heard the terrifying noise of bullets colliding with bricks, and flesh.

Chris had managed to save Diana's life, but he couldn't react quickly enough to save his own, and Diana screamed as she heard the bullets hit him in the back. The love, the happiness, the life in Chris's eyes were wiped away in an instant. The last word she heard from him passed his lips, then he was torn from her life, forever.

"Someone, stop him!" Diana screamed, "Come back you *******! Come back!" She screamed at the car fading quickly from sight. He was gone.
Tears streamed from her eyes and the full shock of what had just happened hit her with such a force, that she couldn't understant why why she was still standing. Chris had saved her life, and sacrificed himself for her, he was gone forever. She didn't know what she was going to do.

The image of Chris's body seemed to grow larger in front of her eyes until it was all she could see, she closed her eyes tight to block the heartbreaking sight from her view, but she could still see him, the sight would would never leave her mind, it would haunt her forever...

Suddenly Diana woke up screaming, as she calmed down and came to her senses she could here Rosie barking like mad in terror and confusion. Of course, Diana thought sadly, it was another nightmare. There was sweat on her forehead, she was incredibly hot, so she got up and went outside to clear her head and cool down.

As she walked outside, she felt a gentle breeze ruffle her hair, she shivered as she gazed at the river mouth down below, someone, in this small village had murdered her boyfriend, her soulmate, and, whoever it was, was still on the loose, how could anyone be so cruel? she wondered.

An angry tear trickled down her face as she thought of whoever had murdered Chris, whoever it was, whoever had done it, was going to pay. Suddenly she realised how cold she was getting so she ambled inside and got back in bed, silently hating Chris's murderer. Who knew when that person would strike again?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:09 PM
at last your wait is over, enjoy!
Instructor
#24 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:23 PM
Did you fix the fused fingers? It looks like it in the last few pics, but in case you didn't know... here is the solution. You have to fiddle with the graphics preformance options to get the sims fingers to behave normally again. It happened in my computer after I installed OFB, but I corrected the error after a few tries. Hope this helped!

Ciao,
~M~
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 2:34 AM
YAY update I love it wooo!
Page 1 of 10