Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1661
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5986 (Who?), Viewed: 219504 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2018, 11:28 PM #5976
MattieOReilly
Field Researcher

Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 263
Thanks: 162 in 2 Posts
3 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
When I was looking through downloads here certain clothing (unlocked clothing options) they would enable the delete button and the OP would say to not delete anything in CAS or else the game will be corrupted.


IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.
Old 19th May 2018, 11:33 PM #5977
Primavera
Field Researcher

Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 260


Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieOReilly
IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.


Ohhh okay. Thank you for explaining it better, I get it now . And I don't think I'll be deleting genetic-type downloads any time soon, but this is good to know.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 20th May 2018, 12:15 AM #5978
Pickles89
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 187


I've just discovered that reading magazines alters interests!
Old 20th May 2018, 12:58 AM #5979
rollingstarr
Test Subject

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 50


Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
Old 21st May 2018, 11:56 PM #5980
Selly_2009
Scholar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 3 in 1 Posts
2 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingstarr
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
I found that one some time ago, but I've just spotted that they can also play in fallen leaves! So cute

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2014 page
Old 22nd May 2018, 9:37 PM #5981
Jawusa
Alchemist

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 4406 in 26 Posts
28 Achievements


I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_e78cdee0_6810ad88.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  77.1 KB  

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Old 22nd May 2018, 9:47 PM #5982
JDacapo
Theorist

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,484


Cool! Is this Aileen Landing supposed to be a Sims 2 version of Oasis Landing or something? It sure reminds me of it!
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:41 AM #5983
BlueAlien
Instructor

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 614


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.


Oh, wow! I just said on another thread a couple of days ago that neat ghosts ought to clean!
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:55 PM #5984
Jawusa
Alchemist

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 4406 in 26 Posts
28 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingstarr
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.


They can also chase fireflies! I just wanted to post that but then I saw your post.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_078b9990_c811e483.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  45.9 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_078b9990_a811e3dd.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  38.7 KB  

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Old 24th May 2018, 2:28 AM #5985
Charity
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,264
Thanks: 2813 in 22 Posts
12 Achievements


He looks really pissed off that he can't catch it. XD

Cats can chase butterflies and fireflies as well.
Old 24th May 2018, 7:31 AM #5986
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,273
Thanks: 833 in 31 Posts
16 Achievements


Which is why there are doors leading to the outside in my toddlers'rooms

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old 24th May 2018, 7:57 PM #5987
Sunbee
Alchemist

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,663


Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Which is why there are doors leading to the outside in my toddlers'rooms


And why there are not in mine: Dang it, why is the toddler blue (or red)? Oh, went outside to play again. Toddlers get stored up stairs where they can't escape unless I mean to watch them, the little sneaks.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.