Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:03 AM
Default Defaulting floors not found in Object Workshop?
Hi...I have not been able to find this info anywhere, so maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

I am in the process of defaulting the walls and floors for my game. Mostly, I am just replacing textures in other people's defaults- many thanks to them for making it easy! However, there are some items which have not been included - they seem to be mostly AL floors, so far, in case that is a clue.

I can't find a tutorial which talks specifically about defaulting walls/floors, although I have figured out how to create a new floor in Homecrafter. I can't see how this would let me make a default file, though.

I have eventually discovered how to get the EA floors to appear in Object Workshop (in case others are looking - make sure Advanced Mode is ticked under Extras/Preferences, then restart SimPE - took me two days to find a comment somewhere which mentioned that!), so the object defaulting tutorials might work for me now.

Next problem - the floors I want to replace are not listed! (Perhaps this is why the other creators did not default those.)
I can find the files in the catpatterns.bundle for the appropriate EP, but there are no textures there, and I have no idea how to create a default package from there either.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed? Thanks for reading.