Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:53 AM
Default What Did You Draw Today?
I don't think I've seen a thread like this around, so how about it? Little sketches or full pieces, what have you drawn today?
I just finished a quick little sketch of my current favorite cartoon character(s). If you watch Steven Universe and aren't caught up on it, I wouldn't suggest opening that spoiler.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:20 AM
Oh good god I forgot I made this thread. Throwing a bunch of IZ themes doodles out there. My favorite is the top middle one. I liek alienz.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 1:39 AM
I drew nothing today. But the other day, I drew a picture of Gardevoir (the Pokémon) when I was drawing with my friends, and it looked grumpy, so we graffitied it and now it's "Emo Gardevoir".
A more serious drawing I tried to do was of a sim I made for someone's bachelor challenge / asylum challenge (by littlemicrocosims from Tumblr). The sim was named Cherish Rose Lemonade, and I started to sketch her, but all I got through was a rough draft of her nose and lips.

Hello, I'm Anna! :) I like playing violin, writing, and simming of course!
my tumblr - starblasted muffin
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starryelliot
I drew nothing today. But the other day, I drew a picture of Gardevoir (the Pokémon) when I was drawing with my friends, and it looked grumpy, so we graffitied it and now it's "Emo Gardevoir".
A more serious drawing I tried to do was of a sim I made for someone's bachelor challenge / asylum challenge (by littlemicrocosims from Tumblr). The sim was named Cherish Rose Lemonade, and I started to sketch her, but all I got through was a rough draft of her nose and lips.

I love to draw my Sims :lovestruc You should post it if you ever get around to finishing it!
#5 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 3:40 AM
Speaking of IZ...I drew my first drawing of Zim today. I don't want to share it because it looks horrible.

BUT I WILL SHARE THESE STUPID MEANINGLESS DOODLES MWAHAHAHAHA
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:04 AM
You dare not share Zim drawings with me!?? Haha, I bet it's great. The IZ style was kind of tricky when I first started but I feel like there's a learning curve. It comes naturally to me now. Those doodles are so cute; I'm really jealous of how good at expressions you are! Obviously I'm not very good at any expressions other than angry and neutral. My favorite is the bottom right :lovestruc
#7 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:33 AM
The bottom right? That was my least favorite but thanks
EDIT: I take that back the E was pretty bad

Alright so I was bored and I drew this - not perfect but yeah
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:14 PM
Wow I haven't drawn anything today
But I'm going to be kind of busy today (well not really, I'm just playing sims and getting ready for school that's coming soon)
But if I do it's probably going to be a sketch,
Probably Homestuck related because I got obsessed with it recently :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
The bottom right? That was my least favorite but thanks
EDIT: I take that back the E was pretty bad

Alright so I was bored and I drew this - not perfect but yeah

Haha, oh my gosh that's freakin' adorable. Yours drawings have so much character; I don't experiment with poses enough OR expressions enough, your doodles really inspire me to be more dynamic. <3 I did a tiny little sketch today of a character I call Annabel. She's as close to being me as a character comes without being a self-insert since I draw most of my inspiration from myself at first, but with enough writing they develop their own unique personalities and lives. Tried to do something different with the pose but failed the further down I went, lol.
Quote: Originally posted by SnowCat2000
Wow I haven't drawn anything today
But I'm going to be kind of busy today (well not really, I'm just playing sims and getting ready for school that's coming soon)
But if I do it's probably going to be a sketch,
Probably Homestuck related because I got obsessed with it recently :P

Doooo iiiit. Sketches are 90% of what I produce artistically. The last time I did a full piece was January <_>
Screenshots
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 7:34 PM
This is something I drew a little while ago, he was supposed to be a mascot for my vocaloid channel.
My lil baby wont be used now
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 6:36 AM
@vorpalit Suuuuper cute. My favorite part is the eyes, I love to digitally paint eyes. So much color and shine. c:
Today I have some outfit concepts for a webcomic my sister and I are working on. Really rough block outs, but just a few outfits for our main character, and a couple little sketches of her at the bottom. The middle one is her Halloween costume Colors aren't done or final, and these definitely aren't all of them, but it's getting there.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 10:22 PM
I've been painting for my water color class...than I missed class and went to a group I'm starting to really like. Painting class will be doing a self-portrait next, so I probably missed the drawing part...but think he was just going to have us copy it so that's no problem. Doing a selfie is a problem; I suppose I need to lean to not be so critical of myself. Would rather be practicing drawing realistic faces, but the class teacher doesn't DO that. Should I post pics anyway?

YOU guys are so talented!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Should I post pics anyway?

Yesssss
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 6:58 PM
On left is my first try at the PICTURE I took (on the upper right) of stuff from my garden. We were supposed to be painting pumpkins, from a drawing the teacher handed out - too BORING! The picture he showed us was 4 pumpkins, all done in just a few colors, all the same. The pic on bottom is the unfinished one I'm working on now. And I'm still not happy with the colors. Water color can't be worked too much, but I can't capture the sharp color and crisp LOOK of the tomatoes. And the wood table looks awful, and I haven't a clue what to do about that cloth. But I've only had two classes...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 1:55 PM
I drew a card for my mother's birthday of a mother and child in the embrace of parental love and promised to give her a CD of offbeat Christmas songs like the Miser Brothers themes from "The Year without a Santa Claus" and "Is Zat You Santa Claus?" As performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and "A Very Grumpy Christmas" by House of Breaking Glass. I may even throw in a few SpongeBob ones.

My mother will tell me her reason for the Christmas obsession soon.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 5:54 PM
I started a pic about one of my rpg charas, customized as the avatar of an ancient God he recently start to follow.
Is not my DM is gonna make rising horns on him, but he encouraged me to draw it.
I didn't decided yet if I'm gonna colour it or let "half-done" sketch.
Screenshots

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Muñeca Rota
I started a pic about one of my rpg charas, customized as the avatar of an ancient God he recently start to follow.
Is not my DM is gonna make rising horns on him, but he encouraged me to draw it.
I didn't decided yet if I'm gonna colour it or let "half-done" sketch.

Oh mah gosh, that looks amazing. I especially love the horns and little detailed chains. And the lips. c: I can't do realism, cartoons have always been a big influence on me.
As for what I drew: A drugged up Gruncle Stan from Gravity Falls (drawn while playing a game on the website Doodle or Die) and a little sketch of Annabel Lee
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
Oh mah gosh, that looks amazing. I especially love the horns and little detailed chains. And the lips. c: I can't do realism, cartoons have always been a big influence on me.
As for what I drew: A drugged up Gruncle Stan from Gravity Falls (drawn while playing a game on the website Doodle or Die) and a little sketch of Annabel Lee

In fact that's the most close to realism I can do, so I fear I will do a disaster if I try to colour it (I never do the correct way).
My usual style is more simple but I want to improve it and evolve a bit.

I never was capable for cartoon Style. My charas looked like "empty souls" with not so much movement, so I enjoy a lot when I meet people that can do it!

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 2:26 AM
The quality got all eaten up, but I worked on one of the panels for my webcomic today

Definitely not done, but getting there. My favorite part was designing the logo to go on the sign.
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:58 AM
Drew this the other day:

(Spoiler tag because body horror(?) and it's a pretty big image.)
And this:

Then drew/painted over this screencap today. Lots of fun :P

Here's the original:

This isn't quite done yet, but it's 2am and I need to sleep haha
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:49 PM
Omg, those are amazing Zombie Cakes! I especially like the second one, your shading and lighting are amaaaazing.
I'm working on a piece that might become the cover piece for The Haunting of Annabel Lee. Finished the lineart and flat colors on her, just slapped down some shading real fast before I actually start working on it. Not sure if I wanna do soft or cell shading. The background hasn't even made it into sketch form yet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:42 AM
The perspective is bad and I don't have a good excuse. I'm gonna color it later.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:32 PM
A character from Annabel Lee. Not entirely happy with how it turned out.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 3:12 PM
Thanks Eronel! Love your work, too, has a nice style about it

Been working on this on and off while getting settled into the new apartment. Will probably finish it sometime this weekend

Here's some progress stuff

Also drew one of my idiot Sims from 4 the other day
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:22 AM
Thank you, Zombie Cakes your work has so much detail, I'd die if I tried to paint something like that. I get way too impatient, lol. This is probably the closest I've gotten to doing a real digital painting, and it's been sitting unfinished for maybe 2 years now:

I still really like it despite how old and unfinished it is. As for what I drew recently, I drew Annabel Lee in a pink sweater. c:
Page 1 of 2