Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6426 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:01 PM
Release Date: June 22nd

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6427 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:15 PM
Okay. I need them not to ruin this in any way, shape or form like they did on literally the same day Cats and Dogs was announced. Because, so far, this is expansion looks fucking perfect

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#6429 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:26 PM
The only thing that slightly worries me is that bit with the lightning at the end. Super Powers are cool and all. But...I kinda want lightning to still be lethal. Hopefully the powers are something that only happens under certain circumstances.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#6430 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:32 PM
Hm... I'm loving the Christmas decorations! I'm hoping people will convert them for The Sims 3. (Sadly, the lit outdoor tree has never been converted. D: ) I love Christmas objects, don't judge me!

Anyway, it looks like a pretty standard fare for Seasons. I'm glad that The Sims 4 players get Seasons. With all of the doom and gloom as of late I was getting a little worried.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm particular on detail with seasons, and one area that EA has continuously failed to deliver in both The Sims 2 and 3 was shrubs and flowers in the winter. Analyzing the trailer meticulously I am left with the conclusion that some shrubs, flowers, grass goes brown/loses leaves/loses flowers for the winter and others... don't? That is definitively a step up from what we've seen before (where only trees were effected, with very few exceptions), but why the inconsistency?

Also those pink trees shown numerously in Spring screenshots. That's more false advertising from EA isn't it? Blossoming trees really needs to be a thing in Spring, gosh darn it!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#6431 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:37 PM Last edited by andru : 24th May 2018 at 6:54 PM.
That's good news! It might even manage to get me back into the game after falling severely out of love with The Sims 4 after I see some more gameplay and reviews. One of the biggest issues with all the games pre-Season is just how uninteresting the worlds become after some time because it's always sunny and picture perfect - at this point, I feel like Seasons should be something they deliver with the base game, and then they can focus on other ideas and developments (... if they have any).

I think all the activities are much needed, but it's funny how they seem to have reused animations for them though, like ice skating and indoor skating look no different beside being in different settings and wearing different clothes, same with shovelling snow and raking leaves, and playing catch in summer and throwing snowballs in winter. I'm not sure it's ever been so obvious in previous games that similar activities re-purpose animations like this, or I could be noticing it more because I'm much more critical this time round. I suppose they have to cut corners somewhere.

It looks like we'll have New Year, Christmas, Halloween and Easter, which is nice, as it gives families and friends something to come together for and celebrate in the game besides birthdays and weddings. Custom holidays sounds like a good addition too, for those who like their game to be realistic or a representation of their own lives. I wonder how much we can do with that?
Mad Poster
#6432 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:54 PM
I hope there is a new world as I have zero space for an ice rink or anything else.
Scholar
#6433 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:59 PM
Beekeeping and flower arranging, finally! Love the snow-shoveling too. I don't think we've had that before.

Can't wait to get my clammy little mitts on this pack!
Field Researcher
#6434 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:04 PM
I'm glad it's coming out so soon tbh
Forum Resident
#6435 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:22 PM
Woah, the key features look really cool. I'm honestly impressed - different weather, seasonal activities, holidays, earning some kind of badges, honey-harvesting, creating custom holidays, etc.
Have to wait and see to figure out if a Gardener career is necessary, how the custom holidays will work and I hope we'll be able to edit the durations of season (because "every world’s climate is unique" sounds like it's premade), but I really don't have much to complain yet

Oh, wait! Bonus complaint about the new weird costumes - rabbit and gnome

Jokes aside - The trailer makes it look like the most interesting and most gameplay changing EP we've had so far. Hope this will be true!

edit: I just wondered why they went for rollerskating again like TS3. Is it because the animations are so similar to ice-skating? Because technically roller-skating has not much to do with seasons.
Instructor
#6436 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:28 PM
So I made this Bingo Card:

http://mfbc.us/m/mqk92h
Mad Poster
#6437 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:29 PM
Told cya Seasons with weather mechanic will not be peacemeal into multiple smaller dlc.

As far as my impression goes for the trailer: alright. BUT.... I'm not falling for it as long as I can hear more about it to give an conclusion. Though I have one minor skeptical remark: the lightning (thunder). If that's gonna be treated like that mind-numbing treat for rodents, where it's gonna force bestowal powers and annoying autonomy of it, then......

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6438 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:30 PM
Two more things I just noticed - Is that Sim at the end getting superpowers or what is he doing after he got struck by lightning? And secondly the snow literally looks like a grass recolor, as in it doesn't have any depth. The feet don't sink into the snow. I hope there will be some deeper snow as well tbh. TS3 and TS2 had it definitely.
Alchemist
#6439 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:34 PM
Everytime The Sims studio has remade a previous expansion pack they added to the experience that was in first place. For an example: Pets had horses in The Sims 3 and Seasons had holidays and the open world weather. What is new this time? Nothing it seems
Instructor
#6440 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Two more things I just noticed - Is that Sim at the end getting superpowers or what is he doing after he got struck by lightning? And secondly the snow literally looks like a grass recolor, as in it doesn't have any depth. The feet don't sink into the snow. I hope there will be some deeper snow as well tbh. TS3 and TS2 had it definitely.

It is entirely possible it's a life state, it's also entirely possible it's a temporary lifestate that'll disappoint, but look promising in trailers.

Ask yourself what kind of lifestate it could be, and there's three that come to mind for me: Superhero, Elementalist (controls weather) or Witch. All three have the issue of being limited to weather-based powers in this context. Witches without alchemy feel weird, Superheroes without a sort of fight mechanic (good vs. evil) feel half-assed, and elementalist is the only one that feels possible, though it still sounds limited. I mean what would it do besides use the weather to be a dick to people? The best life states are ones like witches, werewolves, vampires and aliens, since those have had unique powers, abilities or life mechanics in the past. Lifestates like mermaids or Imaginary Friends felt limited by comparison because there was very very little differentiating them from normal Sims.

Also, betting now that "make your own holidays" is basically the clubs interface, except it organizes what people do on X day of X season.
Lab Assistant
#6441 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:38 PM
They put the swings in the expansion pack...
Mad Poster
#6442 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
So I made this Bingo Card:

http://mfbc.us/m/mqk92h

SneakyWingPhoenix (along with others) joins in. As DeservedCriticism reads out loud a plumbob while a sound is made of some player punching out their number of the cube.

Scholar
#6443 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:44 PM
I can't wait to see what they've messed up with this one. Jk, it looks pretty nice actually.
"Hello, EA are you feeling not so good?"

I wonder what they mean with 'seasons with affect every world in unique ways' or whatever it said. Wtf is that supposed to mean?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#6444 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
It is entirely possible it's a life state, it's also entirely possible it's a temporary lifestate that'll disappoint, but look promising in trailers.

Ask yourself what kind of lifestate it could be, and there's three that come to mind for me: Superhero, Elementalist (controls weather) or Witch. All three have the issue of being limited to weather-based powers in this context. Witches without alchemy feel weird, Superheroes without a sort of fight mechanic (good vs. evil) feel half-assed, and elementalist is the only one that feels possible, though it still sounds limited. I mean what would it do besides use the weather to be a dick to people? The best life states are ones like witches, werewolves, vampires and aliens, since those have had unique powers, abilities or life mechanics in the past. Lifestates like mermaids or Imaginary Friends felt limited by comparison because there was very very little differentiating them from normal Sims.

Also, betting now that "make your own holidays" is basically the clubs interface, except it organizes what people do on X day of X season.
Oh, I completely forgot about the temporary lifestate like the skeleton from Jungle Adventure. Could be possible they added a new lifestate but I think they would've mentioned that somewhere? So I guess it's just a temporary lifestate or some kind of buff. There was also the part in the key features that said "Control the elements to summon thunderstorms, clear up overcast skies", so could have something to do with that.

And yeah, completely agree with the club feature
Scholar
#6445 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:46 PM

Oh wow, you're right. That's odd. Certainly seems like that was the full stage of snow accumulation, consider there was shoveling and everything. Guess that's The Sims 4 for you. There's always some detail missing.

Speaking of details, though. I really like the animation of the trees and plants in the thunderstorm there in the end. It looks - dare I say - quite realistic. I was never too impressed with the storm animations for trees in The Sims 3. Weird that The Sims 4, with all of its low detail, would do this better.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#6446 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:47 PM
Sounds like a lot fun, but hopefully EP would mention a new world, because if all those additions are true, I need MORE Space!
Instructor
#6447 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:47 PM
And secondly the snow literally looks like a grass recolor, as in it doesn't have any depth. The feet don't sink into the snow. I hope there will be some deeper snow as well tbh. TS3 and TS2 had it definitely.

Good spot! It looks like it follows the creative direction of The Sims 4 -- oversized or flat.

Did I spot a little bit of Oasis Springs when the sims were playing catch? I wonder if they'll leave that world "summer" permanently.
Field Researcher
#6448 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Liza : 24th May 2018 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Release Date: June 22nd

I watched the video:
It's just copy-paste from Sims 2. And the trailer proves the rule: everything new is a well-forgotten old. Graphic effects of weather at the level of the game itself: nothing exciting.
I really like the effects of the seasons in Sims 3: the snow that gradually falls on the ground, the water that gradually melts and freezes. And then when you see the weather from a bird's eye view ... it looks exciting. And not the puddles that are shown on the screen, as if from the game of the beginning of the zero years. In any case, I'm not particularly interested in this add-on.
Maybe they specially showed pieces of the Sims 2 to interest the old players?

Just for comparisons: Trailers of Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 3 Seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uw0uQVoCyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q
Mad Poster
#6449 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Everytime The Sims studio has remade a previous expansion pack they added to the experience that was in first place. For an example: Pets had horses in The Sims 3 and Seasons had holidays and the open world weather. What is new this time? Nothing it seems

Sim turning into a mutant (Ororo Munroe sort of) upon accident (honestly, I had fantasize an idea for much-expanded mechanic before where sims gained their powers (respective by their personality) after getting into serious tradegy that in turn would put in a coma) and sims requiring/capable to decorate a Christmas tree (one could be skeptical or open-minded about that feature from that small snippet of its depiction).

Kinda risky to give it the "I speak too soon", but hey - even with old features doesn't seem like from the pack there something would be missing unlike with others the instances that's how it tends to happen when it offers nothing or small trademarks with new features that merely make an impact to outweigh the missing hole. I would give kudos to that.

Scholar
#6450 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:58 PM
One thing I'm wondering about is how they've implemented outfits into seasons. It would be so weird to see townies walking around in regular outfits when there's tons of snow outside or raining. Guess we'll see if they managed to figure that part out.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Locked thread
Page 258 of 447