Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Another disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt thread.
I have read through pretty much every thread on this, and it is still boggling my mind. My problem is I am trying to get a computer to place diagonally on a desk. However turning on disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt True & holding alt just makes it shift around under the desk. I am unable to place it, as the computer hangs off the edge of the desk regularly it doesn't work that way. I am fully convinced that the disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt command is broken in my game... Any help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:03 PM
You can't move objects around freely on top of surfaces, cheat or not. If the slot doesn't allow it, it won't let you. I've had this issue as well recently.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:25 PM
Some items, like a computer, need to sit on slots so that sims can use it. It's very easy to place the computer on the floor as you would like to see it on the table, then place the table with moveobjects on and then move the computer with NRAAS debug enabler or Decorator's best friend up to the height of the table. Visually you would have achieved it - but the sims cannot use it anymore. It does work with decorative items this way though.

The alt key allows for rotation in slotless places. There is nothing wrong with your game.